Trapped, new and accepting

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Re: Trapped, new and accepting

Postby Scar » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:13 am

Serenity watched from the corner of her eyes, hands outstretched and vanishing beyond most vision as they hid within the security of the cabinet. Ears flickering lightly, a single, petty laugh was forced past her muzzle as said commented in a low murmur,"If I had any say in it, I'd think you've already accomplished the worthwhile." A heavy, longing sigh slipped past her, momentary falling in a state of lifeless silence. Comtemplating life and existence once more, a bad habit she just couldn't seem to break.
Not that it matter, in which case brought her back out of her trance and proceed with this chore; mundane and long but something she enjoyed and took pride in herself in her ability of convenience and organization.

It wasn't long before she eventually stood up, head tilted as she thoroughly examined her handiwork before giving a nod of acceptance, careful to close to cabinet doors as to not cause too much unneeded noises. Folding her hands behind her back, for once in a long while feeling competent and well, happy even in such a simple task. Turning on her hooves, about to speak up but quickly dismissing such an action, deciding against bothering the scientist for a while longer. Just this strange feeling or sense that made her reluctant to speak at the current moment.
In the meantime, Serenity busied her gaze to the window, staring off at nothing in particular if not having the look of a wild dreamer, and not once ashamed of it. Believing that there shouldn't be an answer to everything as that ruined the mystery and the will to imagine and hope; it never hurt to have a little faith in something that could never be explained.
'Perhaps it was best that I never chased my dream, I could never bring myself to rely on or believe in one thing, not when there's so many possibilities.' Serenity thought, finding amusement in her pitiful self. So much so a warm chuckle vibrated behind a wide smile as she stood there, tail flicking side to side like one seen on some cheery pony.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:30 am

As the scientist sat himself back down at the desk, he glanced back over at the experiment when she spoke. Clicking his tongue at her words, he shook his head slightly and huffed. "Receiving questions for answers does not make something worthwhile." He mumbled under his breath, letting his glasses slide down his nose as he scanned the pages again. He was aware of the faint clicking of a latch and the soft clops of hooves, but other than that the girl was quiet. With nothing else to worry about, in terms of distractions that is. He let his full attention drop back to the papers in front of him.

Most of the writings was articles or theses that his colleagues wanted him to revue. With a huff and a roll of his eyes he set those papers aside, for the most part they were unimportant, talking about lab equipments or experiments that he had no interest in. We've found out enough about cells, he thought scanning the first paragraph of someone's thesis, why don't we figure out what we can do with them now? He set that paper to the side as well only to fine a series of documents clipped together. All the pages had columns of numbers and descriptions. The last page was all the numbers added together. Fabian's stomach twisted at the sight of the bright red number staring back at him. It was underlined twice and circled once.

The man rested his head in his hands as he let out a long breath. He knew they were over budget but he hand't realized it was that bad. Bad enough that it was either results or cuts. There was no room for failure. It went beyond just testing seemingly random questions. They needed a planned experiment, and they needed a good answer. Nothing less than perfection would do. The scientist sat back and turned in his chair slowly his eyes resting on the experiment who looked to be in her own world. "You enjoy helping don't you?" It wasn't so much of a question as it was an observation. "So you'd be willing to help with something else?" Again, not a question, simply Fabian needing to know if she'd fight back or now. He needed the horse-girl to work with him, not against him, if he wanted to get results for... whatever the experiment would be. But that wasn't important at the moment. That was stage two.
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:55 am

A soft, confused hum slithered by her as she seemed to jerk herself back into reality upon the words utter that no doubt were directed towards her. Blinking rapidly as her eyes flicked towards the scientist in momentary befuddlement, her mind still digesting what he had said. Raising a brow once she had, Serenity gave a nod of her head, causing long locks of hair to fling over her shoulders and lay motionless alone her chest.
She was about to make a teasing remarking if that fact had been really obvious, but something prevented her from answering in such a way. Mainly with how serious he looked, that seriousness was one she knew that joking comments would do nothing to help.

Furrowing her brow lightly on what he said next, her ears flattened back in a rather alarming fashion even her body language spoke of her cautious uncertainty. Moving restlessly as if something alien was sharply probing her mind, but in the end, it subsided mostly upon recalling what she had said before.
"Yes, of course," one of Serenity's ears perked up and forward, though fear was the main culprit here and it could be very clearly seen in her face. "I never betray my word." Referring to when she so vocally promised to help in reaching his goals of success.

"By the way, to what you said prior-- I'm not dead, am I?" Serenity confidently said to him, adding with a huff,"I would think that would be a step closer to worthwhile then those that rejected and died." But then again, what did she know. It was probably transparently obvious to him and she was just making common chat of whatever her simplistic mind came up with. Then again, she was always the sort to find success in the smallest of steps.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 am

The scientist watched her with a steadfast gaze. He had half expected her to say something snappy or "funny", at least what she thought of as funny, but much to his surprise she spoke clearly. What gave her fear and uncertainty away, more than her voice or facial expression, was her ears, as they snapped back before perking forward in attention. Fabian had noticed some time ago that her ears were the keys to understanding her moods. Not what she was thinking, however, but it was as close as the man would ever get.

Happy with her answer he let out a sigh, and took the time to push up his glasses. How much did he need to tell her? She didn't need to worry about financial situation, for the time being it didn't concern her. "That's good." He stated simply. "Because I will have some more tasks for you. Things that aren't just cleaning and organizing." He looked her over once more. There were a few more experiments that could be used, but for now the man decided that he should focus on one thing at a time.

Fabian had turned back to take a look at his paperwork once more when the horse-girl spoke again. "A step close to worthwhile, sure." He replied not bothering to look up as he shuffled papers around his messy desk. To think that just earlier today he had been able to see the entire top of the desk and now he could barely find his laptop under everything. "But you only brought more questions. In fact... I don't think you solve a single answer I have." He didn't say it to be mean, in fact, all malice had left his voice. He said it as a fact, pondering and playing with the thought for a moment. Some could even go farther and say he was trying to be "witty", but really Fabian was being Fabian. Probably complain more than anything else. Or just talking, because he could, because what else did he have to do?
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:36 am

Glancing downward at her hooves, she simply nodded her head as her mind slowly began to run away with her head. While yes, she already knew that tasks such as cleaning and organization wasn't all that was in store. Heck, they didn't even aid in any sort of study save just making the work space tidy. But still, she couldn't help but feel scared. It wasn't like before, she was a sickly child with frequent hospital visits but she knew the procedures. She knew everything they did, here she didn't know and seeing how different she was now, who knows, perhaps even what she use to go through would reap differently then before. Nevertheless, she wouldn't know until whatever was done was done.

Nervously fiddling with her fingers, Serenity focused her attention towards the scientist when he spoke. As brief as it was, but then he spoke up again and this time it piqued her ears up. Blinking rapidly, there was a slight mixed emotioned situation right here, she couldn't really tell if he was being dead-pan serious as before or was just merely stating the truth. Nonetheless, it seemed to temporarily distract her from her feelings of fear, if not out of the blue spur on that sarcastic side of her.
Causing her to scrunch up her snout in false distaste and stick out her tongue in a playful manner. Snouting abruptly, she crossed her arms and casually walked forward, closer to where he sat, and said all the while,"And you think way too much."

"So much so you can't even savor the little morsels of success; now that's an answer to a very pitiful question."

"However..."she then started in a fleeting sing-song voice, coming to a stop about a foot or so away from the desk,"how bored and unmotivated you would be if I wasn't just this big ball of unanswered questions." Rubbing her chin in false contemplation, seemingly revelling in her own words, eventually Serenity just giggled. Finding humor and joy in the simplest of things, even if there wasn't particularly any to be found.
"Wow, how fascinating it must be to be you with your mind. Pitiful still, but fascinating." she remarked honestly and in slight awe as well a little teasing too. After she was through with her chuckling and sassy sarcasm that is. This in turn very gradually began to bring remembrance of her previous fear now that this distraction was fading away.

Oh so slowly her smile slipped away into a frown and relaxed eyebrows furrowed tightly, absent-mindedly rubbing her arm as she fell into a sudden silence, waiting to hear exactly what had to be done. Even if it terrified her half to death, she said she would help and she was going to see through to that... even if it meant pain.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:59 am

The man wasn't worried about her reply. He should have been, but he knew that she'd help him or at least cooperate, which was more than he could ask of many of the experiments. As he sat behind his desk he could feel the nerves radiating off of her. He didn't expect her to be calm about it, but she was oddly quiet and he wasn't quite sure what to think, besides just being thankful for the fact that there wasn't too much noise to distract him. In the silence he just heart her clipping of hooves before she began speaking again.

When he turned around for a second time she was closer, her arms crossed and nose wrinkled in a way that was oddly playful for one who was trapped. Think too much, now where have I heard that before? He could practically hear his sister's voice ringing in his ears. She'd never leave him alone. Pushing the thought out of his head with a grumble he started down at the girl, though really he was looking up because she was finally taller than him, only because he was seated. "These morsels are so small there's barely anything to savor. And unanswered questions are the very things scientists feed off of." He said simply, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose before letting his arms fall across his chest. "If I had solved this puzzle already you wouldn't be here." Her honesty was what always made him squirm, he wasn't sure if it was discomfort in her words or just how open she was but it always kept him on edge, and yet... it always sparked his interest, as if her honesty was just a peek into her mind. "Pitiful?" He repeated before clicking his tongue and shaking his head. "I've been called worse."

He was just turning around in his seat, too look at the papers again that he had to edit, even if he didn't want to, when he noticed her expression falter and her smile fall. The air became thick and fear seemed to radiate off of the half-horse. "It won't be anything terrible," the scientist mumbled, pushing around the papers on his desk to make room for his laptop. "I can't afford to have you get sick or injured." He meant it quite literally too, the very budget seemed to lie or what Fabian could pull off with this experiment. If something went wrong and she was hurt or worse, not only would he loose good scientific data but the promise of any more checks as well.
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:09 am

"I'm not surprised, you make it too easy to." Serenity managed to saying in a low tone, brow raised as she watched him. In a way, just speaking that fact alone made her pity him more. Maybe he did it on purpose, or maybe he wasn't even trying to act like a pain in the rear. Perhaps it was just his nature and if that was the case then nothing could be helped. It was hard to break one's nature, that she knew all too well.

Swallowing lightly, her emerald eyes moved from their once downcast gaze to focusing on the scientist when he murmured. A single ear flicking forward at a lazy slant, a hopefulness in her eyes as she was strongly hinging on his words. Maybe even a tad too quickly... why should she even believe or trust anything he said? Yet she did, even when he so nonchalantly announced after the fact that it was mainly out of the safety of her not getting ill or hurt.
His words shouldn't have calmed her nerves as much as they did, but it had, she was still a little hesitant but not nearly as severe as before.
Exhaling heavily, it only then became apparent to her how weary both physically and mentally she felt. 'It had been a rather eventful day, hadn't it?' she thought, carefully recalling it all as she stood there. Gradually folded her hands behind her back, she lifted her head and turned her sight to the window. Finding solace in simply staring out into the world she'd probably never see again aside from looking out through glass.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:42 am

"You make it too easy to." Fabian could have laughed, if he was one to laugh that is. He didn't, of course, but he did find the experiments words amusing. He was amused. Now that wasn't a word that Fabian was aquatinted with. The scientist couldn't even think of the last time he had used or even though of that word to describe himself or anyone he interacted with. Amused was no a word many thought of when they thought of scientists. Especially people in his line of work.

As the conversation progressed the man noticed her relax a little when he informed her that she would not be getting hurt. Had it not occurred to her how important she was to him? Or his work? To this whole endeavor? It was so obvious. People are always to clueless. He thought with a huff, turning to look back at the bright screen that flashed before him. It was then that he noticed the little clock in the corner of the screen flipping slowly as it counted empty numbers that, in the long run, meant very little to the universe, but meant many things to the people that lived in it. Is it really that early? The man looked up and found himself staring out into a dark lot, he couldn't even make out the tree that was a few feet from the window. "I suppose all that can wait until the morning. Or..." He looked at the clock again, it was already morning, just very early in the morning, "Until later."

He turned back around in his chair and found himself watching the girl's profile as she stared out the window with seemingly empty eyes. No, empty wasn't the word, she looked more lost than anything else. Coughing slightly. Fabian pushed his glasses up his nose and rose from the chair again. "You must be tired. I'll take you back to Storage so you can get some rest while I work out what the next step will be." He started to walk towards the door that lead into the blindly white hall but stopped before he even reached the end of the counter, his eye hovering on the lab tables that filled the room. "Unless of course you'd be more comfortable here." He didn't know anyone who would, the tables weren't exactly bed, and many of them were cold. But if she stayed here he wouldn't have to go fetch her later if he did have a sudden idea. But she could possibly be a distraction. How? She barely talks without being prompted. The scientist furrowed his brow, glaring daggers into the floor as he thought. "What would you prefer?" He finally asked the experiment.
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:58 am

Snapped out of her momentary spell of absentmindedness by the cough of the other, not a second later her full attention was to him. Subconsciously taking a step back when he rose up, being significantly shorter then him, Serenity just watched him with a look of oblivious curiosity. Ears flickering lightly, a small noise of uncertain surprise slipped her by upon his words, but what really threw her for a loop was the fact he offered the choice.
Indecisive as both choices offered means of uncomfortable nature, Serenity flattened her ears and looked away, clearly in deep thought but trying to hurry her own decision making along for his sake.

Staying would make it easier to jump right back into the progress, and while yes she wasn't technically afraid of the scientist anymore, there was this twinge of awkwardness in her chest when considering the thought of staying. And what if someone came along and found her still here, sleeping, would he get in trouble? Or would they care? It just didn't seem like proper protocol for her to remain out of her confinements when not being used. Not that she wouldn't be, but it would beg the question nevertheless it she was found sleeping and not being experimented on further.
However, the choice of going back was what frightened her. Perhaps it was the horse DNA that made her more skittish of closed-in places with no escape and in darkness with no windows to view the outside world, the fact that there was a window in here seemed to work wonders on how she felt. She didn't feel restrained, and possibly the most free she'd ever feel again.

Her equine-like face hardened and wrinkled in much contemplation, battling between the pros and cons of both, but in the long run, she came to a decision that she felt was for the best.

"I feel it would be wise for me to return to my cage." her voice was soft, resentful even as her eyes scanned over to the door. Ears still back, in her heart and mind she would have rather suffered through her fear and discomfort than to risk it and for him to possibly get in trouble. Going on assumptions and how she thought this place was ran, assuming they'd think it would be careless to let an experiment linger out when they weren't needed at that time.
Maybe she was thinking to much, but she personally didn't want to push it. A faint, almost petty huff escaped her as one ear flickered up and forward, curious of herself and why she even cared so much. Nevertheless, Serenity remained staring at the door, as for some odd reason she couldn't convince herself to look back at him.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:41 am

The man watched the half-human with a look of questioning impatients. He should have made the choice himself, then he wouldn't have had to wait around while she racked her mind for an answer. He could practically see the gears in her head going round and round. He sighed, crossed his arms, and leaned back against his chair as he waited out her decision. I really should have just dragged her back there myself. We'd have already been there by now. But it was too late now. He had given her the option wasn't going to put up with whatever would happen if he took that choice away.

He was about to open his mouth and just tell her to go lie down, in the end that seemed to be the quickest option, but she replied quickly and simple. She actually wanted to go back to Storage. Shrugging to himself he nodded. "Very well then, we'll head there now." Making sure to grab his ID card off of his desk, he could actually find it too which was amazing, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he walked towards the door and slipped out into the blinding light of the hall way.

The lab was quiet. It was always quiet, but there came a certain time in the evening when one could almost swear that the place was abandoned. The halls and rooms had this empty felling that seemed to hang in the air and cling to the white walls. Any one who had a home to go back to normally left by six thirty, the ones who didn't were normally asleep in some office by midnight. Being well past midnight, most people, guards, scientists, and experiments alike, were asleep or at least acting like it. Fabian made sure to move briskly, but softly, as he made his way down the hall, towards the metal door that was the only indication as to what was beyond the wall they walked along. He stopped in front of the entrance and swiped his card. "Also, I'll make sure that they make the appropriate changes to your diet." Having her get sick again would just be annoying. When the door clicked open, he pushed it open allowing her to go in first.
SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's