When the Truth and the Lies mix~ open and accepting!

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Re: When the Truth and the Lies mix~ open and accepting!

Postby Scar » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Groaning softly, mainly out of annoyance, but his eyes slowly slide down to the sink, following awfully quiet. Nick could feel her fear, mixed with something else, a twisted concoction of a curiosity and faint concern. He could partially feel her emotions as his own. They felt alien of course as to differentiated hers from his, else that may just drive one mad to be unable to tell which emotions were their own.

"Hmm, I'm fine..."Nick grumbled reluctantly, turning halfway as to look towards her, a single hand still laying upon the rim of the sink. Eyes narrowing fiercely, he crossed his arms after his barrel chest, and just stood there as if waiting for something. "Only person here who's done wrong is me." Snorting softly, his arms fell back to his sides as he started walking forward and past her, faltering just under the door frame.
"Looks like I won't be leavin' ye for awhile, don't make me regret it."Nick sneered lightly, glancing over his shoulder towards her. The thick odor of dried blood was strong in the room before him, makes his throat constrict and thirst for water but he'd quench it later.

Crossing his arms once more, making a rather deep, concentrating look as he needed to rethink his plans. Muttering nothing in particular as he scratched a black claw against his bearded chin, this all has turned out to be a very eventful day. Nick hated it.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Bast » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 am

Yachiru looked at him blankly a moment, as if thinking, then gave him a small smile. "Ok." Deciding to leave it simple she wet her hankie and walked out after him, wiping her face while walking. "Could you at least tell me what I can address you as? It'd be a bit strange to not know that under these circumstances..." She inquired with a careful tone, walking out into the open space of the warehouse.

"Yes, that would be something worth mentioning." Came a deeper male voice from the other end. It wasn't deeper or rougher then Nick's but definably male. A wolf shifter stood with a gun pointed at the grizzly, about the same age as the bear and only half a foot shorter in a black suit. Clearly his gun was of better quality then the thugs.

Yachiru moved in front of Nick. "Put it away, Stein!" She ordered. With her getting in the way the wolf instantly aimed the barrel to the floor, taking no chances on harming her by accident. "He didn't do anything! Well... Except mess up those guys quite a bit for me..." The last part was more in the tone of not wanting to say it. "And I said put it away!" She gave the wolf a small pout.

Stein gritted his teeth a bit and switched the safe back on. "That's as far to putting it away as it gets." He warned. Then came the sigh, knowing her she didn't lie even to save her own skin. "Your mom's pretty angry about this so she stayed in the office. How many times are you gonna do this, Miss Yachiru?" Going from hostile to concern the wolf dropped the armed hand to his side but kept his eye on the bear, still uncertain of him.

"I didn't mean for this to happen..." She muttered, knowing she was in trouble.
!!!DEEMO!!!
(Plushy art by Cerestes.
Click Deemo to go to her shop!)

ImageImageImageImage
Bast

Postby Scar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am

Raising a brow at her, looking down at her through the corner of his eye as a soft, unexpected hum escaped him upon her question. Nose scrunching up faintly in distaste, looking ahead with disinterest as he walked, answering not her question. Actually, he said nothing for a short while, but rather go completely mute, he felt obligated to at least grant her that privilege.
"Nick, just Nick."he said dryly with a rather blank look on his face but it didn't remain like that for long. Fluffy ears flicked out from under the shelter of his hair, a baby sneer on his lips as he glared at the new figure. Though, before he could really rely on savage instincts, he found his path suddenly blocked.

Arms parted from his body in a half ready stance, staring intently at the opposing male. Nick hadn't at all expected the little girl to step forth in front of him, which seemed to deter the wolf shifter from firing his weapon. Which was a blessing in disguise as the sound of gunfire proved to be something that rattled him, judging back to that bloody fight that transpired not to long ago.
Obviously the girl knew this man, and he to her, so this seemed to settle him down as he once more crossed his arms. However, that didn't excuse him from giving the other a rather accusing stare, it was safe to say that Nick didn't particular like being around other shifters. Animalistic instincts and all.

It was then his eyes slowly flicked down to stare at the back of her head, able to feel her guilt of the incident before along the rope of light that bound him to her.
"Perhaps not, but you shouldn't blame yourself for it; wrong place, wrong time-- that's all this was,"Nick remarked flatly, inhaling deeply before adding,"unless you were intentionally wanting to get captured then no, none of this is your fault." And honestly he doubted that she purposely had all that happen.
It wasn't that he felt sorry for her or was growing soft, Nick personally just disliked it when people blamed themselves for things that wasn't their fault. That and being able to feel her emotions was really unsettling him.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Bast » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:19 am

Stein returned the hard stare to the bear. As he injected his own opinion into the matter his expression hardened even more. He obviously didn't like the Nick either and from the looks of it he was starting to get the picture, his ears flattening down again and the pinky from the armed hand twitching. "You did it, didn't you?"

Yachiru was lost by now, uncertain and confused. "Did what?"

The wolf flexed his free hand and stared straight at the bear, almost ignoring the girl's existance. "He knows what I'm talking about..." His tone turned to a growl. "She doesn't feel singular anymore... Your answer will determine my next course of action..."

Getting just a little scared, Yachiru looked up at Nick, still trying to figure what Stein was talking about.
!!!DEEMO!!!
(Plushy art by Cerestes.

ImageImageImageImage
Bast

Postby Scar » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Feeling his own ears flatten and disappear into his scruffy hair, Nick's upper lip curled up lightly in a reluctant sneer, his eyes sliding away from the other as to avoid answering his question. At first, he had intended to just keep quiet but seeing how the other acted, keeping quiet like usual may just be the death of him for once.
Swallowing hard, pursing his lips together in a thin line as he once more stared at the other through the corner of his eye, feeling as if he was being examined through a magnifying glass.

It was then his peripheral caught a glimpse of movement, instantly looking down towards the girl before him, her expression displaying confusion and her emotions harbored fear. For once, a strange softness entered his face as he reached out a large hand tipped with black claws, patting her head awkwardly as he had done not too long ago.

"Perhaps."

"Can't blame an ole Mythical for doing his job, now can ye?"Nick rose a brow, giving the other a rather cocky looking. "So, yes, I did." Retracting his hand, he crossed his arms firmly over his chest, eyes not once swaying off the other.
"I'm spiritually bound to her as her Guardian, got a problem with that?!"Nick's voice grew deeper, unnaturally even, hinted with a gurgling growl as he bore sharp teeth in a threatening snarl.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Bast » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:42 pm

Contrary to what it looked like his plans would be the wolf shifter let out a slow, long breath and returned his gun to it's shoulder holster soon after. "Even if I did have a problem with it I'm in no place to intervene with such devine decisions. However, if you would've blandly denied it in my face then I wouldn't have cared even a little and done all I could to erase such unfit character from existence even if this would be an unfair match for me." Without hesitation the wolf admitted that a lone wolf was no match even for a tired and wounded bear. Now unarmed and of less threat status he walked closer to them and stopped a few feet away.

Yachiru stayed quiet, wordless from what they just determined. She knew that Stein was her mother's guardian but never thought she'd actually find herself with one. She eased off her small fear and looked at the wolf as he walked closer to them.

The wolf looked straight at the bear. "I am Stein Maythorn, Guardian of Lady Sandra Megumi and, by default, Miss Yachiru's caretaker. Seeing as how your taking over my responsibilities of her I expect you to explain it to her completely." The wolf still didn't like Nick but found the tolerance to bear with it. ((I just noticed my unexpected pun. XD)) He took out a pair of keys from his pocket and gave them to the girl. "We figured you wouldn't find a place so soon so some arrangements were made for you."

Yachiru looked between the wolf and the bear, taking the keys. "Wow, your actually being nice, Stein." She suddenly blurted with some surprise.

"If he doesn't show signs of being incompetent then I have no reason to misbehave before you." The wolf answered, not liking that part being pointed out. Still, he cared for the girl, that much was obvious.

"Hey! Don't be so hard on him after that!" She lightly reprimanded as she poked his cheek then hugged the wolf. The other shifter only just stood there, making no move to touch her deliberately. "Thanks, Stein." She let the wolf go and stood back by Nick.

"I'll be taking you to your new place then and... Clean this sudden mess..." The wolf announced, not fond of the last part.
!!!DEEMO!!!
(Plushy art by Cerestes.

ImageImageImageImage
Bast

Postby Scar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:25 am

(( -snorts- Ahhh, gotta love puns. x'D Of course, don't say that in front of Nick, he wouldn't find it as amusing. ))

Huffing softly, at least the mutt was wise enough to not to get tangled with him, tired and wounded perhaps, but that would only make him fight harder out of instinct. Tensing up a little as the other approach, the hair on the back of his neck bristling up. Never looking away from this light stare-down he was having with the other.

"Hmph, Nicholas Mancusso,"he grumbled more or less, personally having dislike for introducing his whole name. Though, Nick couldn't help but give the other a bitter look, just because he had never been a Guardian for someone else, didn't mean he was stupid. He intended on explaining it to her, just not at that given moment. Feeling it would be a better and more appropriate conversation saved for another place, not in this dingy warehouse.

Falling quiet over their little friendly banter, if you'd call it that, Nick exhaled deeply through his nose and looked away, tucking his hands into the pockets of his trench jacket. Head turning quickly when the little girl returned next to him, nose lightly scrunching up in disdain. He still hated that he even allowed this, but he'd play along for a while and see where it'd take him.
For a fleeting moment, Nick smirked at the wolf's words, mainly his distaste towards having to clean up Nick's mess but what else did you expected. He was a grizzly, a man with unpredictable and uncontrollable fits of rage, and innocents weren't excused from the equation if they happened to be in the way.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Bast » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:09 am

"You can wait by the car outside, I'll be out in a minute." The wolf shifter said calmly, by habit he handed the girl the keys to the car so she could start it.

She almost skipped her way out of there but managed to keep it at a walk. Even with the turn of previous events she managed to smile and be happy about how it turned out in the end. She unlocked the car and sat in the back then thought about the two shifters for a moment. Deciding it was for the best she moved to the front seat.

As Nick walked passed Stein the wolf couldn't help but let out a soft growl. "Don't get too happy about your sloppy work. I have some good rounds that'll put to sleep like a baby if you ever have trouble keeping a hold of yourself." He wasn't about to be underestimated. He felt bad that she ended up with a hulking, antisocial brute. It was completely opposite here, almost repulsing to the shifter but as much as he disliked it he couldn't ignore the fact that with two opposite things cooperating there was a chance at it working out. Oh how he really just wanted to shoot those tranquilizers into the bear and dump him in the forest of another country right now. He reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone.
!!!DEEMO!!!
(Plushy art by Cerestes.

ImageImageImageImage
Bast

Postby Scar » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:17 pm

It was the oddest feeling, unlike before when she went on her merry way, there was no change in attitude but now with her out of his sight, there was just this lingering nagging in his head. Assuming it having to do with the whole Guardian thing, it made him a bit restless. Shifting vaguely in place as his eyes slide back to the other, mainly on that growl of his.
Raising a brow at his words, but his expression showed no change. No surprise, no fear, actually what he said next may have just been encouraging the thought,"Ye gotta do what ye gotta do, I won't hold no grudges if ye ever decide to do it." Such seriousness within his eyes, Nick had come to terms of how violent he could get, even learning that trying to control it was like trying to take a bull by the horns.

Practically impossible.

So he wouldn't be angry if the wolf had to resort to that. "I realize ye don't like me, I don't blame ye, I'm not really sparklin' with innocence nor will I ever, some may be able to control their forms better then others, I'm not one of them."Nick said in a flat, monotonous tone, a hand slipping out of his pocket to scratch along his jawline. He had nothing to hide so being blatantly honest was just normal for him. "In all sincerity, I never meant to bind myself to her, I had no idea what was goin' on until it was too late."

"But,"he paused, exhaling sharply in faint annoyance through clenched teeth as he rubbed his neck,"there's a first for everything, I guess." No, Nick wasn't trying to get on good grounds with the wolf, he was just stating his two cents. Looking back to where the girl had gone, Nick let out a weary sigh, feeling he was getting too old for all this excitement in one day.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Bast » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:35 am

"Well then, for the sake of whatever brought you here you better not screw it up. I won't be the only one you'll have to worry about if you do." Stein seemed to give up on the fight for now but his feelings still remained. He wasn't going to trust him so easily but since Nick seemed to have some rational thinking he'd back off a little for now. At least they had some sort of understanding between the two.

The wolf shifter walked off in another direction too look over all the evidence and talk on the phone with his associates. He plucked a piece of paper from one dead body with a honeycomb design and put it in his pocket. "It's nothing. Just be sure to come by later and make sure its all gone." It seemed he wasn't sharing that little piece of paper with the other guy. He looked around then walked in the direction of some crates and got to work.

It didn't take him long to set up the death trap and by the time Stein had returned to the car Yachiru had fallen asleep in the front passenger's seat. The wolf mentally praised her for not leaving the bear next to him.
!!!DEEMO!!!
(Plushy art by Cerestes.

ImageImageImageImage
Bast

PreviousNext

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's