Heroes of the Night ((OPEN))

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Heroes of the Night ((OPEN))

Postby GriffinGoddess » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm

(EXPERIMENTAL)DnD type RP

Hey! Please call me Valia :) (with any luck) I will be your dungeon master. This is an experiment I have been piecing together for a while now and have finally come to the point of "testing" !!
To sum things up, I am looking for 3, you hear me? 3! Role Players who want to try something new. The idea is that one we have two to three players with finished applications (no reserves, sorry) we will set up a scenario where either at the beginning or near the beginning the characters will meet and bind together to form a band of (maybe) heroes.
I will be orchestrating the NPC's, monsters and the scenes to sum my role up, the rest is up to you!

Discussion thread!
http://www.eldemore.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8926

Rules:
-YOU MUST ABIDE BY REGULAR ELDEMORE RULES
-YOU MUST BE LITERATE
    - each reply should be a few sentences, I'm not asking for paragraphs (though those would be appreciated) but it should be long enough to fully explain your character's situation and POV.
-YOU MUST BE ACTIVE
    - by signing up for this RP you are saying that you are active on eldemore at least once a week.
- each player only posts one reply after mine.
    so we should see something like this:
    Narrator (me)
    player1
    player2
    player3

though you don't necessarily have to go 1-2-3, any mix is fine. AS LONG AS we don't start seeing doubling posts.
    editing is allowed until my next post.
- These rules are subject to change, so please check these regularly.

Character forms: (please delete things in the parentheses)

Code: Select all
Name(first and last):
Species:
Appearance: (provide picture or well written description)
Class(you can use anything from a DnD class to something from a video game):
Experience?(is the character new at exploring or a veteran?):
[list]Stats: (this will effect your character's outcomes) 10 points to start out![/list]
[center]Strength-
Intelligence-
Agility-
Charisma-[/center]
Weapon of choice:
[list]side weapon/s: (weapons they can use, but do not usually carry on them)[/list]
Background:
Drive: (why does you character do what they do? what are their goals?)

Extra?: (animal companions, skills they might possess, etc...)
Last edited by GriffinGoddess on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Please check out my art shop here!

GriffinGoddess

Re: DnD type RP OPEN (EXPERIMENTAL)

Postby GriffinGoddess » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Completed Characters:

Wren "Vinny" Lacuna // Male // Human Merc.
3-3-2-2

Tai "Tae" Xi // Female // Half-Fae Soldier
4-2-1-3
Last edited by GriffinGoddess on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GriffinGoddess

Re: Heroes of the Night ((OPEN))

Postby GriffinGoddess » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

BUMP
GriffinGoddess

Postby Sathona » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:52 pm

Name: Wren "Vinny" Lacuna
Height: 5' 09"
Species: Human
Appearance: Wren has fair skin, spiky mousy-dark hair adorned with the feathers of an eagle and a red-tailed hawk and brilliant, twinkling sky blue eyes. Though he has a more feminine build, he's strong and more than capable of pulling his weight - figuratively and literally. His voice is soft, but has a rich edge that, when spoken with a wicked tongue, comes off as condescending or scornful. However, this is merely a façade that acts as a mask to obscure his true emotions, specifically his sympathy or empathy towards his partners. He prefers to keep his fringe parted to the right of his face, with his left eye partially obscured from view. Underneath a frayed ebony and purple cloak he wears dark attire completed by a pair of black gloves, a belt with a sheathe for his tantō and a handmade pouch for his throwing knives, and silver sabatons. Two sashes with tattered ends are strapped in an X across his back to carry his broadsword and dual long blades.
Class: Mercenary (temporary; will change once I find a more suitable class or more suitable classes)
Experience?: Veteran
    Stats: 10 points to start out!
Strength- 3
Intelligence- 3
Agility- 2
Charisma- 2

Weapon of choice: Large broadsword
    side weapon/s: Katana, tantō, throwing knives, dual long blades
Background: With ephemeral memories of home, and the one who raised him, Wren was taught to keep moving forward without hesitation. However, this never stopped him from wondering about his origins. As a child, his guardian taught him everything they knew about hunting and falconry. At his request, they would tell him about their own travels and the countless relationships they made along the way, inspiring Wren's dream of traveling the world. In his downtime, he indulged in reading and devoured anything and everything he could find on the world's history. He dreamed of traveling the world from a young age, and longed feverently for the day he'd be able to explore its countless cultures and experience things for himself rather than reading about them in a book or through hearing about them via oral stories.

When he became of age, Wren began traveling with his falcon, Madara, and his hawk Hyūga, later picking up a bloodhound he named Hecate under dire, but unknown circumstances. He kept in touch with his guardian while on his journey, writing them letters and sending them souvenirs when he could. He tried to refrain from staying in one place for very long, and kept moving once he'd absorbed and processed his newfound knowledge of an area and its cultures, as well as its history. As a mercenary, he picked up whatever work he could find along the way.
Drive: Wren seeks to explore as much of the world as he can before his time comes. Rumor has it he's embarked on this journey to search for his parents, but this has never been confirmed.

Extra?: Wren's skilled with bladed weapons (knives and swords in particular) of all varieties, though he is generally flexible and adaptable when need be. He is also skilled at tracking, alongside his animal companions. His hobby is falconry, so his animal companions are naturally birds, specifically a Peregrine Falcon named Madara and a Northern Goshawk named Hyūga. He also travels with a bloodhound called Hecate.
Sathona

Postby GriffinGoddess » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:23 pm

I have no real problem with your character as long as you are confident you can keep with with him and all his furry friends. Now we just need to find two other players, if we could find only one more I could make a character and play too as long as no one fears/feels like I would favor my character over the others (Which i would not!).

short version: accepted!

GriffinGoddess

Postby Sathona » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:28 pm

(Sweet. Happy Valentine's Day. ^_^)
Sathona

Postby GriffinGoddess » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:25 pm

((you too!))

GriffinGoddess

Postby GriffinGoddess » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 am

BUMP
GriffinGoddess

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:14 am

Name(first and last): Tai Xi[Goes by Tae]
    Height: 5' 11"
    Species: Half-Fey[unclear which]
    Appearance: A tall stature and very clearly defined musculature combined with brilliant, burnt gold eyes make Tae quite an imposing woman. She has black hair, very straight straight and long[it reaches to the small of her back when let down, but it's never let down] and a bit unnaturally smooth, like silk. Her skin is a tanned olive, and covered with numerous scars and callouses; the most noticeable one being a scar that runs perpendicular to her jaw, extending up her cheek and down her neck a couple of inches both ways. She wears armour made up of hardened leather sandwiching chain armour, with metal accents, and a gambeson underneath, all in shades of black, brown, or a rich mahogany red. Her blade is disguised in a diagonal knapsack slung across her shoulder, along with provisions and supplies. She has a hunting bow and a handful of arrows as well, mostly to seem inconspicuous with armour on as many bounty hunters or mercenaries dress roughly the same way. [I'll have a picture up soon, I have to edit it slightly to accommodate for some appearance changes]
    Class: Mitigation/Avoidance Tank | Soldier
    Experience?: Well-versed, not a veteran
      Stats:
    Strength- 4
    Intelligence- 2
    Agility- 1
    Charisma- 3
    [Lawful Good/Neutral]

Weapon of choice: Parrying Longsword[~3ft]
      side weapon/s: Knuckledusters/gauntlets, recurve bow/crossbows, Axes
    Background: Tae was born in a modest fishing village, a sleepy little port that sort of meandered its way through time without doing much of anything. She had always been a bit different, her eyes, height, strange aura; everyone knew what she was, or what she might be, but it was never mentioned[almost like if you ignored it, it would go away]. She found herself alone, except for her single father and one friend that she later came to call her lover. As mundane of a lifestyle it was, Tae didn't mind it; she had always been an exceptionally mild person.

Of course, the conquerors from the north came, and took everything. The news had been circulating for a while; the barbaric tribes that resided in the ice up north were trying to expand and these little village ports were their first targets. They burned down everything, slaughtered the men, took the woman and children. Tae doesn't know if her father survived or not. They were herded onto hulking ships, forced to crowd into a small hold with barely any room to breathe. Her only solace was that her girlfriend was next to her, unharmed and alive; but they were soon separated.

She was sent to a training camp for prisoners of war, meant for rehabilitation in this new tribe-like world of ice and snow. Of course, prisoners of war were mostly used for army fodder, and the people around her died too quickly. She has no idea how she survived for so long; perhaps it was some higher force, not letting her die yet. But just when fate seemed to crack a smile, it wrenched her down again with terrifying speed.

Apparently, allowing the escape of some prisoners of conquest and punching[and knocking out cold] a superior officer was enough to peg her for treason. Death by hanging, it was supposed to be. But Tae had too many uncertainties in her life, too many regrets and hopes and wishes to die now, by an unfair jurisdiction. She formed a blade by ripping apart her shoes and sharpening the metal cap on one of them, using the dirty cobble floor of the prison cell as her whetstone. Right as they hoisted her up, she cut the rope[altough it didn't leave her unscathed; to this day, she still has a faint scar around her throat] and escaped through the crowd that had come to watch her die. She has been on the run ever since.
    Drive: Seek asylum/escape. Best case scenario is she finds it back in her village, with her father and lover.

Extra?: Being half-fey, she has a certain immunity to human poisons as well as almost all forms of enthralling/cloaking magic. She has a certain air of unnatural charisma, no doubt because of her lineage. She has a small brown and white door mouse[that she simply calls "mouse"] from her time in prison that resides in a pocket in her knapsack, or simply runs rampant when there aren't too many people around. It brings her scraps of[mostly useless] shiny things, and the occasional bit of money or so. She's ambidextrous, but left hand dominant and right foot dominant. Well-versed in survival skills, but has never really needed to practice them. A good fisherwoman and swimmer, but both are rusty skills from lack of use.
Last edited by ιηƒιηιтє. on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby GriffinGoddess » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Accepted!
I will be making a discussion thread for this soon, so please check again with the first post!

GriffinGoddess

Next

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's