The Gods Are Us (Open)

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

The Gods Are Us (Open)

Postby AshenBlade » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:27 pm

You were a god once. High you sat on a pedestal where it seemed no one could touch you. You watched as humanity grew. They began to worship you. They loved you they have you gifts, and life couldn't have been better. That was until you only a more minor god were thrown from that pedestal. High still sat the Major gods but they were in fear. Humanity felt no use for you anymore. You became similar to them. A human now, but an exceptional human. Your life now is travelling the world with a group of other gods.

Information
You are an ex god. You ruled over something other than Space, Time, The Sun, The Moon, Weather. These are the gods who still have their title. You along with other ex gods are now stuck in a human form. You are immortal and so cannot stay in one place too long so you and the other ex gods travel the land.
This is set before modern times

Rules
1. Eldemore Rules
2. You cannot play a god of any of the things listed above.
3. You are allowed one minor non-human feature. Say you're a god/dess of trees you can have some green highlights in your hair.
4. You can play up to 2 characters.
5. You don't have to write a lot just make it more than a few words, that at least most of the words are correctly spelled and no text speak.

Character Sheet
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Crush:
Lover:
Other:

Feel free to add if you feel the need.

Characters:
Athtar- God of Shadows(AshenBlade)
Exalsis- Goddess of Thievery (Zeve)
Khojasha- Goddess of the Search (Sphye)
Áo Què [敖雀] - Goddess of Balance
fylakas - God of Knowledge
Last edited by AshenBlade on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“I had something of an important realisation that day. History does not favour those with fate on their sides. It cares not for prophecied sons and daughters. The truly influential ones are the conmen, the decievers, the scheming viziers.”
AshenBlade

Re: The Gods Are Us

Postby AshenBlade » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:22 pm

Name:Athtar
God(dess) of: Shadows
Appearance: they have black hair that is in a ponytail that reaches the middle of their back. Their eyes are a dark grey and their skin pale. They wear an old brown sleeveless shirt that reveals black swirl tattoos they got after they became human. Their pants are black and cling to their skinny form. Around their waist is a belt that holds a knife.
Personality: They're not really shy but not outgoing either. They have a bit of a temper and do their best to control it. They aren't particularly fond of humans after what they did.
Crush: none
Lover:none
Other: they won't say no to a smoke.
“I had something of an important realisation that day. History does not favour those with fate on their sides. It cares not for prophecied sons and daughters. The truly influential ones are the conmen, the decievers, the scheming viziers.”
AshenBlade

Postby Sphye » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:42 pm

This sounds very interesting! Will the gods/goddesses who have kept their titles have any relevance to the roleplay, and will anyone be playing any of them in addition to their ex/minor god/goddess character?

I'll work on a form!~
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Zeve » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:18 am

Name: Exalsis
God(dess) of: Goddess of Thievery
Appearance: Wearing no shoes and wearing light clothes to run around in. Her shirt is a dark purple and her pants are a dark smokey grey. Short black unkempt hair and sharp light brown eyes with amber speckles twinkling in them. Has floral tattoos adorning her arms and upper back. She always has at least two daggers on her as she favors close hand combat. She knows the basics with other weapons but prefers concealable weapons above all as subtly is important to her. Exalsis tends to appear as a 20 year old though sometimes to relive old days she'll become a child to play with the children and have some fun.
Personality: Normally outgoing and friendly Exalsis is known for being the life of the party however if you aren't careful she may just fade into the background and be off to take one or two things that caught her eye. She won't steal from friends though she'll swipe a thing or two tauntingly.
Crush: None
Lover: None
Other: She is an expert at parkour and is known for being agile and silent. She is exceptional in hand to hand combat and fighting with daggers. She had normally been worshiped by street ragamuffin's who referred to her as "Sis" because she would teach them how to survive albeit in a "dishonorable way." She wasn't very popular with most other people god or otherwise. She's not bitter about her loss of power though she misses being able to run and play with them as she used to when she would train them.
---Zeve
My Beautiful Custom Dire, Pride and Joy:
ImageArgo Navis

LUMIERE gifted to me by werew0lf made by Duzlla so precious <3
Zeve

Postby AshenBlade » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:18 am

Depending on how active people are the gods and goddess' who kept their titles may show up. Who will play them will be decided later on. If people tend to be inactive most of the time and few of the people are rping often I probably won't have the gods and goddesses show up. Depending on how many people sign up the people who play will them will either be the most active, or everyone will get to play one.
AshenBlade

Postby Sphye » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:30 am

Name
Khojasha

Former Title
"Goddess of the Search", sometimes translated as "Goddess of Discovery", "Goddess of Quests", or "Goddess of Finding".
खोज

Appearance
Remaining art from the time before her obscurity depicts Khojasha with smooth, dark skin and hair as black and shining as ink. Some depictions portray hair worn in one bun, while others show two, placed high upon her head with several flyaway strands falling back across her neck or over her forehead. Her eyes are painted deep green, like an olive, or the color of deep river water, and their shape is slanted and not unkind. Traditionally, she was dressed in amber and orange tones, usually a flowing sari made of simple but shimmering fabric. Most unusually, all but the rarest images of her reveal long, black ears, akin to those of a goat.

Little has changed since then, at least in appearance. Khojasha is willing to don whatever outfit will do the job in getting her where she needs to go, but she still favors the warm amber tones of her traditional clothing. Her hair is cropped short now, worn in a feathery style that doesn't extend but to her jawline at the longest. Her face is shaped like an upside-down teardrop, with a pointed, defined chin and soft cheeks. Her nose is defined, as well, quite prominent and lovely. Her goat-like ears remain, despite her godhood being gone.

Personality
Khojasha values honesty and openness very highly. She finds great discomfort in intentionally misleading others or keeping important truths, and she regrets the growing frequency of need for such concealment as she has had to adjust to her not-quite-human life.
She can be hard-headed and blunt, or simply condescending in cases. If she knows herself to be right, which she often does or often believes to do, she has little interest in arguing other than to ensure that her knowledge is shared. She believes that emphasizing her point will only benefit the other party, and her patience for listening to another side can be lacking.
Despite this perhaps unsociable side, Khojasha tries to be otherwise kind. She is plenty willing to be generous, and loved nothing more than to don a disguise to bless her followers or wanderers without a deity during her godhood. She equally enjoys spreading material wealth and the wealth of knowledge, and to see the blessings passed on from person to person after they have been given brings her great joy.

Crush
Yet unknown.

Lover
Yet unknown.

Other
Khojasha favors wanderers and those who seek purpose. To offer a bit of the rewards of one's journey, be it a reminder of the memories gained or a small amount of gained fortune, was to invite similar success and safety for future quests or for the quests of one's descendants. Khojasha loved to receive pressed flowers, shoes that had worn through completely, and books or journals kept during travels from her worshipers. Her favored animals are goats, donkeys, horses, and camels.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Zeve » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:59 am

Zeve wrote:Name: Exalsis
God(dess) of: Goddess of Thievery
Appearance: Wearing no shoes and wearing light clothes to run around in. Her shirt is a dark purple and her pants are a dark smokey grey. Short black unkempt hair and sharp light brown eyes with amber speckles twinkling in them. Has floral tattoos adorning her arms and upper back. She always has at least two daggers on her as she favors close hand combat. She knows the basics with other weapons but prefers concealable weapons above all as subtly is important to her. Exalsis tends to appear as a 20 year old though sometimes to relive old days she'll become a child to play with the children and have some fun.
Personality: Normally outgoing and friendly Exalsis is known for being the life of the party however if you aren't careful she may just fade into the background and be off to take one or two things that caught her eye. She won't steal from friends though she'll swipe a thing or two tauntingly.
Crush: None
Lover: None
Other: She is an expert at parkour and is known for being agile and silent. She is exceptional in hand to hand combat and fighting with daggers. She had normally been worshiped by street ragamuffin's who referred to her as "Sis" because she would teach them how to survive albeit in a "dishonorable way." She wasn't very popular with most other people god or otherwise. She's not bitter about her loss of power though she misses being able to run and play with them as she used to when she would train them.

I thought I added a note that says I will do some adding later to Exalsis but it seems I neglected to do so but I just plan to add a few more things like her "animal" she's represented by etc. sorry about not adding that part :oops:

I'm very excited about this RP as this is quite a unique one :)
---Zeve
ImageArgo Navis

Zeve

Re: The Gods Are Us (Open)

Postby AshenBlade » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:48 pm

That's alright and I'm glad you're excited.
Also I set up a Discussion thread.
http://www.eldemore.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9107&p=515225#p515225
AshenBlade

Re: The Gods Are Us (Open)

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:52 am

Name:
    Áo Què [敖雀]
    Formerly:
    "Goddess of Balance"; when translated across cultures, she could become the "Goddess of Karma", and perhaps even the "Goddess of Divine Retribution". Often misinterpreted as the "Goddess of Peace" by those less informed.
    Symbols:
    Vermilion; Grey; Circles
    Appearance:
    It was not that Ao Que had no human form; why, it was a given that dragons could shift, or change at least partway, if the dragon kings were any indication[honestly, those bigots could do whatever they wanted]. There was simply no reason to represent Ao Que as anything other than a brilliant vermilion dragon, flying in an eternal perfect circle, the five-clawed paw of divine retribution and balance between the pure and the malignant. People enjoyed the grandeur of a dragon, not of a woman, no matter if she wore the same sacred red or not.

Still, certain... Circumstances have certainly reduced her. Her image, once used for all sorts of jewelry and royal seals, overtaken by gaudy yellow and gruesome green. She can no longer hold her reptilian form.

Now, she's traded marbled antlers and hair-like feathers for long, feathery black hair, vermilion scales reduced to an ornate silk qipao. Still, she still retains some of her ethereal looks; bronzed skin free of blemishes and eyes a brilliant shade of gold cut through by a line of black, piercing and scrutinising. Her face is narrow, her stature thin and willowy. What might have been intimidating in terms of height is negated by an eternally languid posture, judgement and criticism completely devoid from her expression.
    Personality:
    Ao Que's personality is... eccentric, to say the least. A leisurely and measured character, she sees everything with an unbiased eye. Indeed, she has no concrete concept of good and evil; a successful act of thievery is just as commendable as returning a stolen item. This makes her quite accepting and kind to those she encounters. Quite polite as well, Ao Que replaces the grace she lost when she fell from the sky with grace on the ground. Articulate and keen, Ao Que puts emphasis on formalities, especially in social situations. She tries to be courteous and accommodating whenever she can, but a lack of respect can often draw her ire.

Still, to cross her would result in punishment delivered swiftly and brutally; extremes are her greatest pet peeve, if they aren't adjusted accordingly. Efficient and exacting, her vengeance and anger knows no bounds if one steps out of line. She can be quick to resort to violence in these types of situations[a habit from her more powerful days], and often refuses to listen to reason when rankled. In her former life, she was brisk when it came to cutting down those that had reached the peaks of human existence or rescue those that had fallen into the cesspool, and that mentality is one thing that hasn't changed.
    Crush:
    tbd.
    Lover:
    tbd.
    Other:
    Ao Que is impartial; she sees humans as all the same, and is quick to cut down outliers that stray too far from the middle ground for too long. Really, that's her role; to maintain a balance of power, to make sure no one person siphons it all. Still, she enjoys someone who can vary their deeds from black to white; she thinks it adds a bit of flavour. She really doesn't like bright yellow[not to be mistaken for gold], but is very fond of peafowls as well as snakes.
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Zeve » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:50 pm

Zeve wrote:
Zeve wrote:Name: Exalsis

God(dess) of: Goddess of Thievery also called deception, mischief, and trickery and in some cultures illusion.

Animal forms: Her fur is always a solid silvery grey and she can be depicted (and could take) the form of: Fox, Raccoon, Weasel, ferret, and coyote

Appearance (Human Form):
In her human form she used to be found as a small child to young pre-teen that many of the street urchins would refer to as "Sis" She'd have short black hair in a pixie cut with it's curls rolling and sticking about every which way. Her eyes would be a sharp light brown with amber specks twinkling in them. She'd be found barefoot as many of the urchins and would wear whatever rags she could find, or steal and always wear a toothy smile.

Now she can be found as a 20 year old with no shoes and wearing a silver shirt and black pants with two daggers hidden somewhere in her wardrobe. Still sporting her short pixie hair that's kept unkempt though arguably clean and stylish. She wears a sly smile and her sharp eyes still have amber twinkles dancing in them. Every once in a while she will take the form of a child again to play and romp around with the local urchins sometimes teaching them a thing or two.

Personality:
Normally outgoing and friendly Exalsis is known for being the life of the party however if you aren't careful she may just fade into the background and be off to take one or two things that caught her eye. She won't steal from friends though she'll swipe a thing or two tauntingly. She is known for playing her tricks and causing trouble among people.

Crush: TBD

Lover: TBD

History:

Exalsis is the goddess of thievery because of this any depictions by those who do not worship her are of her stealing or laughing at the expense of the victims that she had taken from. Oftentimes she has a cunning smile and looks dangerous and dark however to those who learned from her saw her in a different light. Many urchins' would depict her as kind and loving oftentimes of her taking a role of being the big sibling. Her gray fur that would look dark and dangerous would become silvery in their paintings. In her human form her deceptive smile would become friendly and kind as she would play and teach those who followed her creating hope in those who felt they had none.

She taught many famous thieves how to do their work and was never the popular goddess to worship to those who felt she was an evil goddess. Those who did worship Exalsis were oftentimes of a lower class status who hoped that she would bless them and give them luck and ability in stealing to survive.

Many immortals did not like Exalsis because of her hands on/direct approach with humans and how she would oftentimes live among them rather than keep a safe distance. She'd live with children and others for months or travel with other people with ease and many disapproved of her way of life as well as for her teaching them to live a dishonorable and deceptive way of life. None of this stopped Exalsis who felt she was giving those own on their luck a fair chance at life and a way to keep themselves living and alive.

Other:

She is an expert at parkour and is known for being agile and silent. She is exceptional in hand to hand combat and fighting with daggers. She can do illussionary magic, at least she used to.
She's not bitter about her loss of power though she misses being able to run and play with humans as she used to when she would train them.

I've edited to reflect a longer list/give more information on her. :)
---Zeve
ImageArgo Navis

Zeve

Next

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's