The House Across The Way - Open

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

The House Across The Way - Open

Postby polar » Sun May 08, 2016 7:34 pm

fill
fill
fill
fill
fill
fill
fill
fill
fill
so
much
filling

What happens when a group of young friends move away from home and into a new city?
A city filled with magic and wonder, a city like no other.
The city of Innisfree.

"I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee;
And live alone in the bee-loud glade."

taken from The Lake Isle of Innisfree W. B. Yeats, 1865 - 1939

A company of four was moved into an old dilapidated house in the small city of Innisfree.
They have left home and come out on there own to live their lives and see where the tide takes them.
What they don't know however, is this. Their neighbors may or may not be witches.
And there may or may not be a unicorn living in their back yard, as well as other varieties of 'Questionable" creatures.

So, how will they get along with the strange beings next door?
Will they be able to fit in in a town filled with magic?
Lets find out.

polar

rules

Postby polar » Sun May 08, 2016 7:36 pm

fill
f
i
l
l
f
i
l
l
f
i
l
l

1. This is a lit rpg. 300 word minimum. more is always welcome. Writers block i understand
3. Follow all CS rule please!
4. When posting please keep font size below 85, not so small i cant read it though! Also no luminescent colors please!
5. This RPG is set in a kiki's delivery service/howls moving castle type world. Hence, no fancy smanshy technology. There will be things like trains and (non mobile) telephones though.
6. Please be able to post at least twice a week, preferably more. I do understand if something has come up, but try to notify me first.
7. Please be polite and respectful to all fellow RPers, i maintain the right to decline any forms and RPers i feel do not fit my standards.
8. One character per person
You don't have to PM to reserve, but i can turn down you form if a see fit, all reservations and forms should be completed within 48 hours or else the spot opens back up. You will receive a PM before this happens however

polar

Re: The House Across The Way - Open

Postby polar » Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 pm

the house across the way...

name;
age;
S.O; pansexual
gender; female
character type; the eccentric leader
player; the earl

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

the neighbors...

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

name;
age;
S.O;
gender;
player;

Please provide an 250x150 gif or photo is possible, if not than just the name of your fc will do
polar

setting and extra info

Postby polar » Sun May 08, 2016 7:37 pm

fill
fill
fill
f
i
l
l
f
i
l
l

This RPG is set in a world very similar to both howls moving castle and kiki's delivery service, if you've never seen those movies, then go watch them right now. Or you could read this.

- The Town -
Innisfree is a city of a medium size, set next to the sea, big enough to be bewildering to those who don't know it, but small enough that people will recognize you. It is also the capital, and the city in which the king resides. The city is old looking, the house and buildings are large and Victorian, and all pristinely finished and well kept. The city is bursting with color everywhere, the houses, the docks, and especially the market. The market is where all goods are sold, it's outside almost like a farmers market, but people across the land travel to sell there wears there. There are bolts of cloth, fine jewelry, exotic pets, anything you can think of. But you should watch your pockets while your there, the pickpockets are rather out of control.

The city is divided into two sections, there's the lower city and the upper city. The lower city is where you'll find things like small residences, bakeries, tailors, and all of the like. The upper city is a more residential area, as well as a wealthier one. The kings castle is in the upper city, as well as numerous court officials homes. The Bureau Of Wizardry And General Magic is also in the upper city, along with The Magical College Of Innisfree.`
The characters will be residing in the lower city, the market is held in between the two, close to the docks.

- The World -

This is, to say it briefly, a magical world. There aren't really any supernatural creatures, (though things like unicorns and griffins do exist) and magic is more of something you go off to study rather than something your born with. It's considered relatively normal, though frowned upon by the older generation. Think of it almost like art school, save you can usually make a good amount of money anywhere you go.
Speaking of, the money of Innisfree is all gold, silver, and copper coins. I don't think the value's of each need explanation, though copper and silver coins are more common than gold. The country where this is set is not really of importance, and things can be made up as we go, so be creative with it. The king of the land does live in Innisfree, though he isn't there very often.

- The Houses -
The houses are where the story takes place.
The neighbors house is a large building, the rooms are all up stairs, and there is a bathroom equipped with a shower on the second floor as well, other than that the second floor is bare. The first floor however is the more social living room, there is a wide kitchen with running water and a gas stove. The kitchen extends into a small dining room with a table. There is also a living room, a bathroom down stairs, a screened in porch, and a large overgrown backyard.

The house across the way is just as eccentric as the people living there. It's a three story building with an attic, a second floor with bedrooms and bathrooms, and then the first floor with a kitchen directly inside the door and living area in the same space example. There is also a study and an herb room, as well as a large back yard and a small greenhouse/conservatory.

polar

Postby polar » Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 pm

We are open for forms
Please post all forms and ooc on

The Discussion Thread
polar

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's