Souls of Flame|Dragon rp|

Post role plays centered around the fantasy world of animals from books, movies, and games.

Souls of Flame|Dragon rp|

Postby Caroud » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:10 pm

The floating islands of Aura, a beautiful and vibrant place filled with one of the greatest creatures ever known, dragons. This land was perfect, it was a sanctuary where dragons could live together in harmony as the land was sprawling with prey, and whatever territories there were had very small rules.

-------------

However, just like everything else, peace cannot last forever, and this was made evident when the oldest dragon in Aura, a female who had lived since the islands were first established decided that perhaps the dragons should start a bit of a government on the islands and bring some more order to Aura. She picked her council from a group of dragons who were 200 years or older. You see, dragons can in fact live forever and cannot be killed by using time against them. However something made a few dragons addled by her actions. Many dragons were superstitious but this old dragoness was not, yet she spoke of the dead coming in her dreams and proclaiming who should be in this new government, and all of them were well known for being powerful believers in prophesies and the like... However many dragons simply shrugged it off as coincidence, none of the dragons chosen were fools in any way so they were content with these decisions until a week later.

The old dragoness rose up into the highest point she could be seen during her announcement and she spoke with grandeur as dragons looked upon her in horror.
"My dear dragons, I have once again been told something in my dreams! I have been told that those who were not chosen as they receive their 200th year of life, shall be banished to the world of fog."

The fog world was the world that existed underneath the islands of Aura, it was dark, and almost impossible to live in due to the thick clouds of fog that with enough time would drive a dragon insane. Understandably the dragons who were not chosen quickly retaliated, some with force, and some with peaceful protest. Two of these dragons were some well known dragons from the Light Segment, a segment of Aura filled with beautiful dragons who would normally put on performances for others. These two were mates who were fairly well known for their shows in the sky, they had a single daughter as well and they were some of the most pure dragons in Aura. Sadly though, they were both nearly 200, and neither were chosen, so they joined the peaceful protests.

One day, the two were met by two dragons, both chosen, from the water and fire segments. They told their daughter to run and hide and met the other two dragons. The one from the fire segment almost immediately shot a large burst of flame at the female, knocking her out completely. The male became angry as fast as the fire was shot and he started to attack the two, the water segment dragon however was able to subdue him, and kill him, leaving his mate to die. Their daughter was terrified, and flew away from Aura, searching for a place she could be safe.

She found her safe place, as did others however they were sympathizers with her, they told her a war had started in Aura. She was terrified, the void in her heart growing until one day where she wouldn't move from the perch she sat on the night before. One day later 6 dragons arrived, panting, telling her of what had happened. They were spirited and wanted to stop the war somehow. The escaped dragoness saw something in these young hatchlings, something about their souls... Their souls, that seemed to be made, of flame.
Last edited by Caroud on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud

Re: Souls of Flame|Dragon rp|wip

Postby mkairalla1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Oooohhh!!!! I want to join!!!
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗
Interestingword is my parabatai!

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
the world was made within
the oppressive limitations of time,
death, and impermanence"
-Cecil, Welcome to Nightvale

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Re: Souls of Flame|Dragon rp|

Postby Caroud » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:47 pm

A Dictionary of Auren Words and Terms

The World of Fog- A world that exists underneath Aura, concealed by a thick fog. Is also used in place of the word 'Hell'

The Council- A group of dragons that make up the government of Aura, they are lead by the oldest dragon, Starr

Dragoness- A female dragon

Hatchling- A dragon under the age of 10 years when a dragon is first called an adult

Souls of Flame- A group of dragons which attempt to bring dragons in the war to their side and eventually go straight to the source of the war, Starr, and destroy her

The Ceremony of Rain- After a dragon reaches the age of 10 they are not allowed to fly until a time of rain comes where they start to fly the entire day

Miracle- When a dragon passes away and their soul goes to rest in the form of a heavenly body, normally in the form of a star.

The Four Segments of Aura

The Fire Segment- Most dragons are warm in color. Some normal powers and abilities they have is extreme power, and white hot flames. They are known for being fierce and are currently winning in the war.

The Water Segment- Dragons normally in blues, greens, and purples. Normal powers and abilities are having gills, giving them the ability to breath underwater and on land. They are known for being fiercely loyal.

The Light Segment- Dragons normally colored in white and pale forms of other colors. Normal powers and abilities are having glowing parts on their bodies, and changing the color of their scales for camouflage.

The Shadow Segment- Dragons colored black and dark forms of other colors. Normal powers and abilities are Seeing in the dark and while not a power they can nearly disappear into the shadows.

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud

Postby Caroud » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Once it is done I will post that it is, but for the moment can you delete your post? I like having my whole setup being nice and orderly

The Rules

No godmodding in fights, this means coming out of a direct confrontation without any wounds at all.

Dragons are adults when they reach the age of 10 and stop physically growing at around the age of 30, normally being the size of a whale

Dragons do not necessarily need to have scales, they can have fur and the like as well

Somebody may have 1 of the original 6 dragons that started the Souls of Flame, so far there are 5 left

I would like to have a male for every female HOWEVER if you do not enjoy roleplaying certain genders I am fine with not having even genders

Some time has passed since the Souls were first established so some dragons have joined and the original 6 are a few years older than 10

If you do not like the powers/abilities I have posted you may create your own but it must not be over powered and if it is very powerful there must be an equally bad setback to it

As long as it holds the same basic information, you may make your own bio code if you wish

To prove you have read these words put: My soul is made of pure fire in a red color

Bio Code

Code: Select all
[center][img]put image link here[/img]

[b]|Name|[/b]

[b]|Age|[/b]

[b]|Gender|[/b]

[b]|Power/Ability|[/b]

[b]|Personality|[/b]
(lirp is indeed allowed)
[b]|Mate/Crush|[/b]

[b]|Other|[/b][/center]

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud

Postby Caroud » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:18 pm

|Name|
Cascade
|Age|
|Gender|
Female
|Power/Ability|
She has gills, allowing her to be a very good swimmer
|Personality|
Lirp, because I am feeling lazy now
|Mate/Crush|
None/Open
|Other|
My soul is made of pure flame
She was one of the original 6 dragons in the Souls of Flame

|Name|
Thorn
|Age|
|Gender|
Male
|Power/Ability|
The ability to see in the dark
|Personality|
Still lazy lirp >:U
|Mate/Crush|
None/Open
|Other|
My soul is made of pure flame

I am now accepting bios!
Last edited by Commander Shepard on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Art theft -- sources are http://alviaalcedo.deviantart.com/art/Dark-water-dragon-design-350486877 & http://www.canadiandragon.com/gallery/drawings-blackdragon.html. Please, do not post artwork unless it is your own, a commission/piece you have proof o

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:32 pm

|Name|
Circe
|Age|
|Gender|
Female
|Power/Ability|
She can breathe underwater like the others of her kind can, but isn't a very powerful swimmer and prefers land. She has minor manipulation of ice- can use it as a weapon when water is around.
|Personality|
Brash and a bit arrogant (I'm sorry I'm bad at this)
|Mate/Crush|
N/A
|Other|
My soul is made of pure fire
cjr09

Postby Caroud » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Accepted.

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud

Postby Eafs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Can I reserve a few spots? ^^
Eafs

Postby Caroud » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 pm

(Sorry for replying slowly, school and stuff eh...)
But yeah, go ahead I'm fine with reservations.

What's wrong
with being
fake?
You're you.
That's all
that matters.
I'll remain
by your
side.
I promise.
Caroud