The World We All Share [Private with Lady LeStraud]

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: The World We All Share [Private with Lady LeStraud]

Postby Ticklicous » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Chase could only wonder what her profession could be, but the way she put it wasn't too nice sounding. He would not pry though. Best to just be polite and leave it as is. He studied them all and took in the individual features of each, ensuring he would be able to pick them out from a crowd. Other than that he wasn't too aggressive with his actions. Storm Breaker still watched warily, the crest atop his head rising in an alert manner. He was indeed quite watchful. Chase was asked about any goods for sale and shrugged. He put a small smile on his face and made his response to the inquiry.

"Depends on if I meet ya in the next town over at market." He told her. Storm Breaker seemed amused by that. Chase just looked to the drake who seemed ready to go. "If you need a ride I can definitely give you one." Chase offered. Storm Breaker snorted in disapproval. Chase looked to the drake who then seemed to give a low rumble of annoyance, but otherwise didn't argue further. If Chase thought this was safe then he wasn't opposed. Chase had always been a good judge of character.
Ticklicous

Re: Ian;; post 5

Postby parlaymars » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:26 pm

xxxxxxx"It just so happens that I'm on my way to the next town to sell some of my own wares, and I doubt your drake could carry all of this." she gestured to the horse outfitted with several heavy packs and smiled, one of her rare true smiles that lit up her whole face before the tall woman refitted the steppe horse with saddlebags and mounted, looking over the heavy load and telepathically connecting to her runes. Seems like a nice guy. Might be easy to steal from. she thought, knowing Lorelei would answer in a few moments. The telepathy had been unnerving, in the beginning, but Murmuro had been her first bondmate and he was much more gentle than Ethoria or Lorelei had been. Their three voices clamored for attention inside her head, the woman now used to the rarely-silent chattering.
Yes, Ian. But don't underestimate the drake - he's not to be trifled with. Lorelei warned, landing on her shoulder in preparation for the journey, at least two hours by horseback. Ethoria settled on the other shoulder and Murmuro flapped his massive wings to lift off, soon becoming little more than a pinprick in the clear blue sky.

xxxxxxxIan shaded her eyes and checked the position of the sun, this little foray had cost her six or seven hours in her scheme.
xxxxxxx"Shall we be off?" she questioned, reaffirming that they would be traveling together, at least until they reached the next town.
parlaymars

Postby Ticklicous » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:03 am

Chase nodded as she seemed to affirm the fact that she was indeed heading to the next town. Then she indicated the horse. Ah yes, Storm Breaker wouldn't be carrying that load if anything. Chase shrugged. "Then I guess we will be off." He said. He stepped up onto the wing of his drake and then hopped into the saddle. He looked down to the woman and nodded. "Well. I will just meet you there I guess." Chase said. Storm Breaker rumbled at the woman and her runes before he took off in a single downstroke. He gained altitude fast and soared off toward the next town. The drake snorted. "Chase. I'm seriously not sure of that group." He said. Chase sighed. "I know. What she said about her profession was kind of odd. Just give her a chance though. Okay?" Storm Breaker tentatively nodded. "Fine, but if I find the egg gone I will find them and squish those silly drakes into jelly." He growled. Chase just chuckled. "How did I figure you were going to say that kind of thing?" Chase remarked. He enjoyed conversation with the drake he had raised from a baby. The sarcastic reptile always had his two cents to add into a conversation in some way or another. Chase still loved him though no matter what the case was.

As soon as they landed just outside the town Chase headed into the gates. It was growing darker. So that meant he would go to a hotel until he woke up in the morning. He went to rent a room and a place for Storm Breaker out back. His belongings stayed with the drake while Chase brought the egg with him. He wasn't going to let this get away. He eventually fell asleep in his room until morning. Finally he woke up and got prepared. Heading to the counter he payed and then went outside to get things set. Then it was to the market square. Seems Chase would be waiting too see if the woman was there.

He set up a tent and laid out all his valuables. Sitting on an apple box he looked to Storm Breaker. The drake sat protectively over the tent. He was the only drake in the town it seemed. Chase soon had business coming through and was getting a good amount of gold and silver coins. He was also skilled in boosting the prices of his items past the typical price. So he had skill in keeping funds coming in. He also kept an eye out for Ian and her runes. He figured he could buy her some food or something. May as well try and make a friend for once other than Storm Breaker. Although soon he would be caring for a new little drake. He was definitely going to love having a little spice to his life. Storm Breaker would benefit from the experience as well.
Ticklicous

Re: Ian;; post 6

Postby parlaymars » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 pm

xxxxxxxDespite the hard ride ahead of her, Ian waited until the man and his drake were out of sight before speaking. She usually refrained from talking to her runes when others were present, simply because it unnerved the population who had not yet bonded. She looked fondly at Lorelei, whom was perched on her shoulder before clucking sharply to the horse and applying a slight pressure with her knees and calves. The horse picked up speed until it rested in a heavy trot, the gait lulling Ian into a semi-sleep. It wasn't long before they arrived at the gates of the city, darkness falling all around them. The lights beckoned her to a bed and rest, a pouch of coins paying her stay for a few nights.
xxxxxxxIn the morning she rolled out of bed and began her morning ritual. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, and pulled her hair away from her face in a thick braid down her back. She drew a bath for Lorelei and banked the fire so Ethoria could nest in the coals. Murmuro she called up onto the sturdy bed so she could brush out his pelt, shedding green fur everywhere. Lorelei delighted in the water of his bath, splashing water over the bathroom floor and soaking the rug. Ethoria dashed to and from the bathroom to the fire, leaving a trail of three-toed soot marks. Ian didn't mind - she loved her unusual little family.
xxxxxxxAt half past seven she dried everyone off, got the soot out of Ethoria's scales, and pulled the plug from the bath. She made her way down to the tavern, stopping to buy herself a shot of something clear and Celtic in origin. It burned like fire down her throat, but cleared her head, so she made her way to the stables to get her belongings. The horse was refitted with the saddlebags and she made her way to the already bustling market.
xxxxxxxShe stopped to set up her stall, setting out her wares - a myriad of items that seemed to have no relation to one another - and tied her horse to a nearby hitching post. It wasn't long before customers started flowing coin into her hand, and she relieved a few more trusting individuals of their private reserves. At lunchtime she was nearly out, and decided to call it a day. She left the few remaining items out, knowing fully well that they'd be gone when she returned from lunch. Ian counted out the money she'd made - nearly three hundred coin, a modest days' work for the thief - and let loose a piercing whistle. It wasn't long before Murmuro returned, his rumbling purr enough to make her smile. Ethoria came second, a mouse clutched in her mouth. Ian sighed and let her finish her meal, though was careful to make it clear that she wouldn't be buying anything else that day. Lorelei took a bit longer, but when he returned to the stall he guarded a trio of shiny golden bracelets in his talons. The brunette grinned and congratulated the rune, whom lifted his cheek spines and basked under all the praise.
xxxxxxxOnce everyone was settled, Ian set off for other stalls. She bought a loaf of dark bread from one vendor, thick slices of meat from another (Murmuro snapped up another when she wasn't looking) and paid for that, too. In the hazy afternoon light she saw a promising booth with several finely-made daggers. Her curiosity piqued, she made her way over, trying to look nonchalant about the whole thing. Still, she couldn't stop herself from running a finger along the edge of the blade, testing its' sharpness. Even the finest pressure drew blood, and she knew she had to have it.
xxxxxxx"How much?" she held up the dagger to the light, noting the fine etchings in the handle and blade. Her eyes flickered to the vendor, and she almost smirked at the absurdity of it all. The owner was none other than Chase, she man she'd met outside of the city.
xxxxxxxIn the end, she did laugh.

{{ Gracious that was a long one. Seems like I've got muse today c: }}
parlaymars

Postby Ticklicous » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 pm

[[ooc;; Oh geez. XD I have just been sleepy today.]]

Chase was having a good run for the day with the customers that poured in. He made a mass amount if coins within moments due to his skills as a barterer and a merchant. So he had some good experience under his belt to take in the earnings. He sold his whole collection of carved crystals made to look like runes of all sorts. Then he had a nice display of daggers and other such things. Sitting there he stated to think about what he could do. He had been all over the place. Perhaps he would eventually go home to his parents and visit them. As well as the drake that had literally been born the same day he was. The two had grown up together, but Chase had him stay home to protect his parents. Since then though they have gotten three male ligers, brothers, who were far more cut out. Chase figured he could possibly go and finally have the drake come with him. Storm Breaker would be able to travel with his "older brother" again.

That really did sound like a nice plan and Chase was definitely debating his options, which in the end all came down to going and getting his birth twin. He smiled at the idea of having him around. Though he also had to pay attention to the sales. He snapped his focus back as someone arrived. Though he wasn't paying such close attention and didn't realize who it even was. He glanced back as Storm Breaker rumbled, the drake clearly at unease as he pulled the egg closer to him. Chase sighed at the behavior, unable to comprehend the issue. That is until a voice broke into his thoughts. A very familiar feminine voice at that. Looking up he saw it was indeed Ian from the meadow. Well, she had come after all it seemed. That was nice to know.

How much for the dagger? He was going to speak until she finally ended up laughing over something and he looked back to Storm Breaker with a shrug. The drake just snorted. Some help he is. Chase thought to himself with a roll of his eyes. He turned back and once sure she was done laughing he would speak. Clearly he was in his "merchant" mode. The dagger was a hefty price and sold for a lot. So he wouldn't be letting go for too little. That or a barter would need to be made. He let Ian calm down a little and then figured that it was time to get down to business. Probably he would end the day if he sold the dagger to her or not.

"That there is a very expensive weapon. Typically goes for two-hundred and fifty, but I can let it go for no less than two hundred." He stated firmly. He was a peddler who made his living off his sales. So that meant no squeeze room for niceties. He watched Ian and would let her decide. Not before speaking up again though. "By the way. Want to head to an eatery tonight? Just a little friendly outing though. My treat." He offered. "Feel free to say no of course, but I myself would never miss out on free food!" He joked. He sat there and let her kill over whatever was going through her head.
Ticklicous

Re: Ian;; post 7

Postby parlaymars » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:06 am

xxxxxxxIan looked coyly up at Chase through her lashes, a small smile gracing the curve of her mouth. She let him speak, and when he falls silent she tests the weight of the blade, the handling, spinning it over and under in her hands and even tossing it into the air. She brings her other dagger out from behind her back, a perfect sibling to the one in Chase's wares. A few practice moves and she is satisfied. Now to haggle.
xxxxxxx"I'll give you 180 for it." she grins, holding the weapon blade-side towards Chase; though not in a threatening way. Her eyes crinkle and her face bursts into a real smirk, wide and true; like the sun itself is spilling through her eyes in rich buttery tones of happiness - or mirth, it's hard to tell with Ian.
xxxxxxx"And... i'll come to dinner with you." she leans forward, then, nice and slow so he knows its' coming, over the stall to come close enough that she can feel his breath fluttering over her face. She's pretty sure from this angle he can see down her shirt, but she doesn't rightly care. At this moment her adrenaline is pounding from being so close to someone that smells like fire and brimstone and the warm salty tang of the sea; smells too of dragon scales and leather cleaner, someone like her and whom reminds her almost painfully of Aspen -

but Aspen is dead and she is not and this is not for him, either way.
parlaymars

Postby Ticklicous » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:23 pm

[[Ooc;; Hey! I had been wondering where ya went off to!]]

Chase looked to Ian as she pointed the blade at him, but in a nonthreatening manner. Her offer was 180, and he shook his head. "Sorry, but 200 is my final pr-" Though he was cut off as she leaned in close after agreeing to dinner. He was slightly flustered and blushed. "Fine.. 180 works..." He mumbled softly, unable to hhide how red his face was. Geez, all she does is provide a decent enough view of her goodies and she bends him to her very whim? Chase would need to learn to toughen up a bit.

He eventually stood up and just started to pack things away. Seems he was set for the day and wouldn't be selling much more. So it was good enough. He had made a nice amount and now was going to go get dinner. He soon had things packed up before he then turned to her expectantly. Behind him he could hear Storm Breaker snort. "You give her slack just because she seemingly gives you a sneak preview at her breasts?" The drake rumbled in amusement.
Ticklicous

Re: Ian;; post 8

Postby parlaymars » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:11 pm

xxxxxxxNoting his blush and the comment of his drake, Ian let loose a peal of laughter and raised one eyebrow archly.
xxxxxxx"There's more where that came from, if you're man enough." she winked before tossing Chase a few coins, two gold and a silver; 180. She slid the dagger into a sheathe at her hip, beckoning for Lorelei, and when he landed safely on her shoulder she looked at Chase with intense chocolate-and-honey eyes.
xxxxxxx"Shall we be off, my good sir?" Ian breathed, holding out a hand for him to take. She may be a thief and he a peddler, but she was raised noble and manners still applied somewhat.
parlaymars

Postby Ticklicous » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Chase was absolutely flustered by Ian now after the mention of "more" by her. Behind him he heard Storm Breaker rumble in amusement. Chase just sighed and took the coins to put them away in his pocket for the time. Otherwise he nodded as Ian asked if he was ready to go. "So, where you thinking?" He said awkwardly as he looked to the ground instead of Ian. She really knew how to mess with a guy big time.

Chase stood awkwardly and unsure of what to do. He was really not much of a leaderly type. More a follower overall and that is good as if he were pitched as a leader he would probably screw if all up big time. He looked to Ian and blinked. "I am fine with wherever." He said. Storm Breaker broke in. "You just want to see her breasts again..." He teased. Chase shot him a dirty look as he rumbled in amusement. "Not my fault you haven't seen many girls before." He said. Chase groaned at the drake's relentless teasing. He would so get him back for this some day.
Ticklicous

Re: Ian;; post 9

Postby parlaymars » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:54 pm

xxxxxxx"Mmmm. I know this fabulous place by the river." She saw that he refused to make eye contact, and a small smirk winked into existence.
xxxxxxx"Then again, if you're not feeling up for it, sweet thing...?" Ian shot an amused glance at Chase's drake, she liked humor and the drake seemed to be one to tease.
xxxxxxxLinking her arm through his, Ian started off in the direction of the shining expanse just outside of town. Secluded, pretty (if you liked that sort of thing) and an escape from the oppressive heat that clouded the market square.
parlaymars

PreviousNext

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's