1x1 With Lady LeStraud

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: 1x1 With Lady LeStraud

Postby SkieNight » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:13 am

James found himself rubbing his cheek where the girl had hit him. She apologized though and truthfully seemed to be sorry, whether she felt bad or not was another story entirely. James chuckled slightly as he let his hand drop to the liger in front of him. His fingers moved through her think fur soothing her. "Easy Cilia." he said again. The cat was busy comparing herself to the rune dragon, but slowly she backed up though her eyes never left the other creature or their human. James studied the figure in front of him and watched as she rose back onto her feet and held out a hand. He took it with a strong grasp and finally responded, for it took a while for the young man to actually bring himself to have a conversation (he'd never been good with people). "It's fine, I figured you had no intention of hitting me. I... was simply hoping that no one got hurt, petty fights are not a way to deal with conflicts."

{Sorry this isn't the best post, I'm a bit tired right now...}

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby parlaymars » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 pm

xxxxxxxIan smirked, her mouth curling in a feral grin at his words. It faded just as quickly, her cloaked head a half-foot shorter than his darting from side to side.
xxxxxxx"We must talk, you and I; but not here. Come, quickly." she dropped his hand and made a quick motion with her fingers, to which her three runes grew serious and silent as they followed her dark shape through the throngs of people.
xxxxxxxShe made no move to see if he was following her not, instead pausing at a darkened doorway. The wood was rotting, the handle rusted; but it was perfect for her needs. She deftly slid to one knee, casting a glance to either direction. Spotting no-one that looked dangerous, she slid a hand into one of the many pockets of her robe and withdrew a small box. From the box she took a long, thin metal tool, and another, slightly thicker one. The smaller pick was deftly maneuvered into the keyhole, the larger used as a central point to rest on. A few clicking sounds and the door swung open, the woman returning her tools to the box and safely hidden within her cloak again.
xxxxxxxWith a flicker of black fabric, she was through the door, waiting in the dark for the liger keeper to follow.
parlaymars

Postby SkieNight » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Something about the look on her face made James feel uneasy, and his stomach twisted slightly. What she said next was what surprised him. Follow her? James always liked to try and see the best in people but he tried not to be naive, she was a thief, she wanted to speak alone. Don't trust her, it's four to two, even if they are just runes. Despite Cilia's warnings, when the women began to move through the crowd, James trailed behind her. It was handy that he was tall for the young man could see over many people's heads, so even when a crowd came between him and the other girl, he could still see where she was moving.

He froze slightly when she turned down an alley way and stopped at a door. He had expected her to walk in, no break in, but he made no move to stop her. Don't go in, you're going to get yourself killed. You can't fight! James only nodded, his dark eyes were still watching the women work. "Where's Gweli?" He asked the large chocolate feline. Her golden eyes glanced back and forth before her voice echoed inside of James' head. She's still off among the people in the market I don't think she saw us... oh wait. No she noticed us. James nodded, as long as they had the otterling they'd be fine. Gweli could always get help, or help until hands if needed. "We'll be fine, just stay near the door if you're so worried." He said following the women through the rotting door. He kept near the entrance. "Wh-What did you wish to... speak to me about?" He asked, trying not to stutter too much.

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby parlaymars » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:47 pm

xxxxxxxIan did not answer the man right away, instead taking time to pull off her cloak and slip her fingers from the gloves. She sighed, pulling her hair free from the neat braid and into a wild array of chocolate curls. Flexing her fingers, a few joints popped, and she rolled her head from side to side. She was ready to speak. Opening her mouth to begin, she perched on the wobbly-legged stool and began her tale.
xxxxxxx"My name is Ian LeStraud I visited the monastery on Mt. Bastion seeking aid against a great evil. I was told they could only send one of their best. Are you James Therelle?" she kept her words short and too the point, keeping her gaze steady on huge form of whom she assumed was James - his liger was a tribal like the one she'd been given the description of. There was a great evil plaguing Eldemore, and she had been tasked with finding people to help her stop it. Since Mt. Bastion had been the closest, it made sense to travel there first. The ancients were smiling on the dark-haired wraith today.
parlaymars

Postby SkieNight » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 pm

Part of James had expected the girl, whom he soon learned to be named Ian LeStraud, to jump him the moment the shabby door closed behind him, but she did no such thing. As she was removing her cloak and gloves James got a better look at her. Curly brown hair (a shade that reminded him of chocolate) framed a well defined face, she was an attractive woman, that was for sure. EIther way, he listened to her as she began to speak. At the mention of his name James' eyes grew wide and he glanced back at Cilia. The tribal liger was watching the young woman with a hard gaze, but she seemed much more relaxed now. "That explains the messenger rune, a few days back." James mumbled. About three days prior to his arrival in Alabaster, he received a letter telling him there was urgent business to take care of. James had never responded to it, and he planned on looking into the 'evil' that was mentioned in the letter when he arrived in the city.

"Well," he said with a small smile. "I... I am in fact James Therelle. Pleased to m-make you acquaintance." The tall man offered his hand. "Now you're going to have to tell me more about this evil. I have neither heard of it nor come across anyone whose seen it." He looked at her with curious brown eyes, something new in the land of Eldemore? This was sure to be interesting.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby parlaymars » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 pm

xxxxxxxIan paused, mouth still open, as the keeper muttered something about a messenger rune. She blinked a few times, confused for a split second, and then turned her unusual yellow-green-hazel gaze on the stranger.
xxxxxxx"Wait. You got a messenger rune talking about 'urgent business' and you thought it would be alright to continue doing whatever it is you're doing?" she raised her eyebrows, a disappointed look on her face.
She shook her head, holding up one slender hand.
xxxxxxx"You know what? I don't want to know. Pleased to make your acquaintance, James." she stuck out her hand, formal style, to which the sudden movement made Murmuro stiffen and the hair raise along his spine. Ian sent the Celtic Wolf a telepathic scolding, a small smirk gracing her face as she met James' eyes with her own intense ones.
parlaymars

Postby SkieNight » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:40 am

James found himself frowning slightly. In truth it took the boy forever just to decide on what to do, he was known for being very indecisive for fear of not choosing the 'right' option. When he had received the messenger rune it took him almost a day and a half just to decide on what to do first. Still, the women's words continued and he forced himself to focus on them before taking her hand, shaking it for a few seconds, and then letting his own hand pull back and drop to his side.

Clearing his throat slightly, his hand found Cilia's scruff and he pet the liger slowly as he spoke, "Now... a-about this 'danger' that is coming to the land. I've traveled a lot and I haven't heard one case about it. I was hoping to head to The Library to see if anything similar comes up in a book or two." The boy's dark eyes met with Ian's. He tired to hold her strong gaze but eventually found himself looking away, from her to her runes to Cilia. He swallowed and continued, "If.... If we can find something that tells us what this thing is, we might be able to do something."

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby parlaymars » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 am

xxxxxxxThe tall brunette weighed his words carefully, noting when he broke eye contact. Murmuro perked up visibly when the other male looked away, fluffing his jade fur in a display of arrogance, and Ian chided him with a glance before speaking.
xxxxxxx"You are right. We should go to the library and ask Ms. Maeberye for a favor. She owes me." Ian smirked cryptically at her words before flipping her cowl back up over head head, eclipsing her face in dark shadows. She turned to pick up her gloves and put them back on, looking decisively over the small shack that they resided in.
xxxxxxx"Pity that the people who live here don't have a dog for their little girl. Hold on one second." she reached into the folds of her cloak to pull out the mirror, heavily carved and exquisitely crafted now that she could see it up close. Taking out a piece of parchment and a charcoal stub, she scribbled a hasty 'for the puppy' on the note and placed both on the dusty tabletop before leaving in a swish of black fabric.
parlaymars

Postby SkieNight » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 pm

James couldn't help but frown a little at her words for the boy couldn't help but disagree with her methods. However, he couldn't and wouldn't argue with her. Though he sympathized for Ms. Maeberye (she was a rather nice woman after all, at least she had always been kind to James) but there was part of him that knew Ian wouldn't do it any other way, besides it wasn't blackmail it was simply calling on a favor. Though somewhere in the back of James' mind he disagreed.

Still what confused him even more was what the women did right before leaving. How did she know? Before he stepped out of the little shack he glanced around. By merely looking he couldn't tell who lived here, besides the fact that they were clearly poor, but as he studied the room better he could see hints. A family of three. The house was rather messy, so a women who didn't have too much time to clean. There were toys on the ground a hand full of which were dogs, Ian was right. A little girl who longed for a dog. He glanced up to see Cilia waiting on the other side of the door. Picking up his pace he stepped out and followed the woman down the alley way. Something was nipping at his mind and finally the tall man gave in and asked, "So is anyone else in on discovering what this thing is? Or is it only us?" He wanted to know how many people they'd be working with and just who would be with them.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby parlaymars » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:22 pm

xxxxxxx"I'm sure there are other teams working on it right now. The whole of the cottage, otherwise I'll be a bonny whore." She smirked at her words before continuing, using her hands to illustrate.
xxxxxxx"Picture this. Teams of keepers and bearers, handlers and seekers, summoners, wardens, and everything in between; all looking for something to stop this.. Whatever it is." Her grin faded and she turned away, pulling her cowl back over her head.
xxxxxxx"Let's go." without waiting for him to respond, Lorelei alighted on her shoulder and she was dancing through the crowds again, another faceless, nameless woman dressed in the drab colors of the peasantry.
parlaymars

PreviousNext

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's