Rose's Place - feel free to post!

Post your artistic works, adoptable archives, or general fan art here.

Rose's Place - feel free to post!

Postby rose; » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:29 pm

my bearers will occupy this post when I find time to make them a form cx
for now, just enjoy my runes and elkrin
Last edited by rose; on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Tennebrae- First Rune cx

Postby rose; » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm

The Burning Rose
    Tennebrae
    Male
    Tennebrae is a lovely creature, though shy. He prefers to stay indoors, perched on his owners shoulder as he reveiws work. He often finds ways to give inspiration and advice, even when unable to speak, and has an immense capacity for affection and love that seems to make up for everything though. He is extremely loyal to anyone who loves him and he loves, though not in the whole 'I'll fight to protect you' way. He's rather leary when it comes to fighting and would prefer to slink off and hide. He would figure out a clever way to help though, that doesn't involve him getting in the middle of it. If it's absolutely nescisarry, he could deliver quite the bite if he wanted to.
    Being said that he isn't violent, he isn't quite lazy either. Tennebra seems to always be getting into things. He is constantly bouncing around- knocking things over, getting into things, and getting hurt, which is pretty easy for him. He immediatly runs to his companon when he gets hurt, whimpering and whining.It may seem hard to get used to at first, the fact that he is hurt so easily and is rather messy, leaving black droplets of blood behind him quite often. It's easy to look past that though and accomadate him though, once you realize what a sweet monster he is.
    Tennebrae loves to sprawl out in a patch of sunlight and sleep, usually near three in the afternoon, after he has tuckered himself out playing and romping around. He's playful when he has the energy, usually in the morning, and after his nap he is more laid back, preferring to perch on his companions shoulder. He enjoys being held and snuggled with, and he's treated like a king. Receiving constant attention and only the best of accomadations, no one could ask for more, and he realizes that. He's rather smug, though not in an arrogant way, more of a teasing way. He is generous, willing to give up his companions things to others without a thought- then again, they aren't really his.
    Tennebrae loves to go for walks in the woods or just outside, perched upon his companions shoulder. He doesn't enjoy going alone, ends up rather frightened, but he does like to come along. He really doesn't like being lonely for very long, and will get rather upset if he's left alone for lone periods of time. That being said, he's not too quick to make new friends- sort of shy. He does't like to aproach people or other runes first, preferring to stick close to people he knew. He is very sweet though, so making freinds when he gets up the courage is never too difficult. He dislikes rude things, and dirty things. He likes his space to be clean and tidy.
    Tennebrae also likes to be helpful, or tries to be anyway. He likes to help out and give ideas and insiration for stories, and loves to be read to.

Hm, interesting question. Being a writer, I loved the little story with it. It seems so... unique, even though I know all of them are unique. I know the feeling of being museless pretty well, considering all the stuff I do, and I always end up feeling a bit lost and lonely whenever that happens, since the pen and paper are no longer a friend. I've been stalking the Rune Dragon thread for a while, looking for one I liked, and this is only the second one I've been drawn too enough to try out for, and would become my first if I managed to win it. I like the colors black and blue together in general, a neon blue and black are my favorite colors actually. Not to mention it looks as if its crying, and in need of comfort. x3
    He'd take over my siggie for a while, before settling down with a detailed description and personality and history in my character thread, before most likely being entered in role-plays and the subject of many stories, along with having to pose for drawings and other art.
    Considering I'm pretty shy and don't get super involved in things until I feel comfortable, probably not. I wouldn't accept any request for him to breed with any random other rune dragon.
    Tennebra likes to nip and bite at peoples ankles, wrists, and hair. It's a show of affection, especially if you're sitting and writing he'll go for the wrist. It's never hard, and doesn't tend to leave a mark. Hide the writing utensils! Tennebrae also has a tendency to chew up any favorite writing utensil whether it be a pen, pencil, or... even a keyboard! A pencil here or there to keep him busy should do the trick though.

I sat staring at the computer screen, feeling torn and a little dead inside. I had just finished the ending of my most recent novel, and it had left me drained, tired, and my eyes red rimmed. Tennebrae sat on my shoulder, tail limp and sad. We both agreed it had been a beautiful, if sad, ending, though it didn't feel complete to me. I had just written the death of the main character, leaving me feeling hollow; I had just killed one of my children. All my characters became children in a way, all writers knew how it was. You gaev them life, you made them what they were, and when they died, it was your fault. But it still didn't seem complete, to either of us. I had learned to trust him when he said so too.
    "Its not done, is it?" I asked softly, almost absently. Tennebra shook his head, sliding from my shoulder to the desk, standing near the computer screen. He had left black footprints over the desk when he walked across it to stare at the screen, and I wiped them away with my sleeve. He looked confused, or like he was thinking very hard. I sighed and leaned back, stretching my back with my hands over my head. I had been sitting here for hours, tapping away. It felt nice to stretch, and I got up slowly, shuffling over to the kitchen in my sweatpants as I pushed my tangled hair back. Probably looking like I had spent the night out partying, I poured a cup of cold coffee, glancing at the clock. I was about to head to my room, upon hearing a rather loud thump from the living room. Alarmed I quickly, stepped towards the room, but Tennebrae was already boundings towards me excitedly, chattering. He pulled on my ant leg, just about bouncing up and down in excitement. "What is it?" I asked, reaching down to pick him up. He usually loved being held, but he quickly squirmed from my grasp, nipping my wrist lightly. I sighed and stood again, grabbing a towel to wipe my hands off on, and to wipe him off with, since he must have cut himself when he fell. He ran straight to the door, jumping up against it and scratching at it. "Tenn," I said tiredly, using my nickname for him, "It's not time for our walk yet." He huffed and ran back to me, tugging against my pants before bounding back to the door. Clearly he wanted me to follow, though I wasn't so keen with the idea. I would have rather went to shower and get properly dressed, but I knew there was no use trying to shake the rune dragon at my back door. Walking over to him I picked him up with the towel, rubbing off his fur lightly. He squirmed out of the towel quickly, before scrambling up onto my shoulder, leaning forward and chattering until I opened the door. I reluctantly stepped out to his urgings, before he started tugging my hair. "Now stop that," I said in exasperation, taking my hair back from him gently. I was in no mood to mess around, especially since I was barefoot, and it wasn't exactly warm out. It was a crisp, clear sort of spring day, a bit chilly, but sunny.
    Tennebrae tugged my hair to the side, making me look. I scanned the yard, and saw nothing. "What?" I asked, getting impatient. Whe he growled in my ear, I sighed and forced myself to calm down. "Okay okay, what do you want me to see," I asked, willing myself to be able to see it. When he hissed, his little claws digging into my shoulder, I was only more confused. He didn't look mad... He tugged my hair again, pointing in the direction of the shed. I saw a black cat slinking out from under it, and took a few steps closer. Tennebrae nodded, telling me that's what he wanted me to see. I watched as it slunk forward, toward a bird pecking at the ground, and when it was close enough, pounced, killing it with a swift bite to the neck. I gasped slightly, but Tennebrae dug his claws into my shoulder in warning. I watched as the cat picked up the bird and carried it back to the side of the shed, slipping under the side; the hole I still hadn't filled. Tennebrae glided off my shoulder to the ground, bounding towards the shed and scratching at it until I opened it for him, and he bounded ahead of me. I stopped to turn on the light and followed, coming around the corner to see the cat laying with five little kittens, scramblng and mewling to get at the bird. It took me a few minutes to realize what Tennebrae had wanted me to realize- with every death, there was life. I scooped him up with a happy shout, swinging him around. "You're brilliant!" I exclaimed, rushing back to the house. Of course! That was the perfect way to end it... I would have to edit a lot of the story, and possibly rewrite the ending few chapters completely, but I would be happy with it, and so would Tennebrae. I plopped him down on the desk, and he was about bouncing up and down in excitement. "Brilliant," I told him again, grinning. My inspiration.
    I plopped myself down in the chair and pulled the document back up to start typing right away. I tapped away until I heard rather loud crunch from behind me, whirling around in the chair with wide eyes. Tennebrae was looking up at me sheepishly from the floor, a pencil laying at his feet in pieces. I sighed with a smile, reaching down to pick it up and pat him. Even though most my pencils ended up this way, I loved him none-the-less. "Suppose I should feed you, huh?" I asked, getting up to do so..

[center]Image
made by Sarill ^^ Thank you!

made by silverhart <3
rose;

Re: Rose's Place

Postby rose; » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Certain Dark Things
    I'm in the archives as The Burning Rose though.

Nyx, goddess of the night in Greek mythology
    Female
    Nyx is anything but a good little rune, as much as the bearer might wish. She must be watched almost constantly, and never left alone for long periods of time. (As if she'd allow that anyway. She dislikes being left alone for more than an hour or so. She gets quite an anxious.)
    Despite that some people would say she's outright mean or lazy, she's not. She does like to pull tricks and play pranks, but she's never outright mean about them. Granted, she is a bit lazy, but if you ask her to do something she probably will. Well, that depends too. While she will do something out of the goodness of her heart for someone, a lot of the time she wants to know what's in it for her. There's much more of a chance she'll do something to the best of her abilities if you bribe her with food, hair bands and shiny things, like jewels- or fake ones.
    Definitely not ill willed, she's not quite good either. She's much more of a pacifist, preferring to stay out of peoples business and have people stay out of hers. She runs on a system of equality really- you treat her real nice and she'll do things for you. You leave her alone, and she probably won't do much for you. And, if you're mean... expect a pretty nasty surprise. She is downright mean and nasty if she really dislikes you, but considering how she tends to like to just forget, its hard to make her hold a grudge. Nyx is actually quite the cuddler too, to her bearer and a select other few. She'll curl up with a fellow rune once in a while too, if there's no one else.
    Nyx is also rather impatient. When she wants things done, she wants them done now, and she wants them done her way. It leads to her doing most her own things. She is rather particular about the way things are places and done, and if they are not right, she redoes them.
    What annoys her is the fact that she is quite clumsy. She trips over things and breaks quite a lot of things, which ruins the way things are supposed to be and are supposed to be placed. If she breaks something that was on a table arranged with other things, then she has to rearrange everything again to make it look nice and without a space. Its so bad that she sometimes will start rearranging decorations in other people's houses!
    Last but not least, most- if not all- would say she is quite stubborn, and indeed she is. She refuses to budge once she has her mind set on something, and will get it done no matter what it takes, be it for better, or worse.

Dark things always draw me in. Sound odd? Oh well. I was rather hesitant in applying, considering it was an already owned rune, and most of the time, I prefer not to try out for things that are already owned, already have a personality, etc. However, when I realized a lot of that was wide open, I couldn't resist, especially not after I came up with an idea for a story to include. Since there wasn't already a story of how the rune had been found, I could come up with how my bearer came to find it, and since there was really no set description of what the rune could do, I could have fun with that too! And boy, did I.
    That said, its a very pretty design, in my opinion, and one that struck me as being a good companion for Tennebrae, my other rune. I love the red incorporated, as its my favorite color, and her eyes are absolutely stunning <3
    Besides, I would love to have a more grumpy character, and she would be perfect for the role. Everyone needs a not so goody-goody character here and there!

She'll definitely join Tennebrae in my character thread, and get role-played in the rune role-play I'm in ^^
    There's a possibility, only with runes that have been role-played with her though. That's my quirk- no breeding with a rune they've never interacted with before.
    When she is around, everything needs to be in its specific place. She will constantly be going around to set things right, even though a lot of the time she is the one who caused something to break or be out of place. Everything has to be just perfect, too, not just close. Nyx hates bugs, too, with a vengeance, and squashes any that come close to her. Last but not least she collects hair-ties. No one really knows how it started, but she does, and has quite the collection. She never keeps two of the same, but she will steal them off people's wrist or from their hair if needed.
    Traveling down into the caves had been a scary prospect to start with, but with Temnebrae on his shoulder, Darius was confident and they had headed down. He was doing research for the classes he was taking, always taking the chance to learn more.
    That had been two days ago. He had packed for four or five days, and after one day of exploring, he had started heading back. Now he was starting to think he was hopelessly lost, and starting to panic. He had a map and had been following it, and couldn't imagine how he had gotten lost, but it was worrying him greatly. At least friends were at the entrance, and would start worrying and call for help if he didn't exit the caves by tonight. He could tell Tennebrae was getting antsy too, although he hasn't liked the very enclosed spaces from the beginning, and was now just irritated and rather scared.
    "We'll find our way out," Darius assured the rune, reaching up to where he sat on the boy's shoulder.

The caves were dark and rather hot and humid, but Darius preferred it to trekking through desert, where he had ended up burnt and red for days afterwards. The boy sat down on a knee high rock to take a rest, wiping sweat from his brow and digging out his water bottle. It wasn't cold anymore, but it would do. Tennebrae clambered down his arm and down the side of his legs, hitting the floor with the skittering sound of claws against rock. The rune stretched with a yawn, being half asleep on his bearers shoulder. Darius smiled and tossed him a half of an apple, which the bitter ink rune snapped up quickly.

Leaning back, he gave a sigh, unsure of what to even start to do now. To keep wandering, or stay where he was? After a few moments of thought, he stood slowly, stretching. Tennebrae crawled back up onto his shoulder, and they once more set off down the tunnels. As they went farther, the temperature began to drop, which Damian found quite odd, considering the rest of the caves were humid and hot. It was a drastic change as he walked farther, almost so much that he was almost shivering. He couldn't have walked far before it started to warm up again, which made him turn around, brow furrowed in confusion. That drastic of a change didn't just happen in that small of an area, so he started back, slowly walking to try and gauge where it was the coldest, before stopping.

Rubbing a hand over his arm, Darius scanned the walls of the cave, stopping his slow turning when Tennebrae dug his claws into his shoulder, giving a hiss. He glided down to the floor, making his way over to a large rock that partially concealing a hole in the naturally formed wall. Tennebrae had gotten himself up onto the top of the rock, peering down into the hole. He was looking quite excited, which made Darius step forward, peering over too. There seemed to be a light emanating from the dark space, now that the entrance to the hole was more visible. Darius managed to get a good look inside, but even though it was light, the creature inside seemed to blend almost perfectly with the rock walls. However, with much squinting, he was surprised to see it was a rune, shrouded in dark tendrils of... well, he wasn't sure.

Apparently the rune had no desire to be disturbed however, as it hissed and puffed itself up- or tried to anyway. Darius chuckled softly, which only seemed to infuriate the rune dragon even more. It hissed again, and Tennebrae looked down at it disapprovingly, giving a chirp. Darius let Tennebrae crawl onto his shoulder again, as he reached into his pack to pull out some food. He began to coax the rune out of the hole. It came slowly, but with the temptation of a variety of fruits- and a piece of jerky, it eventually did come hopping out, devouring each morsel with glee. Once out into the open, it looked around with what looked like contempt, not wanting to be out of its hole. Darius noted that it seemed to glow, and the air around it was quite chilly.

After a few minutes of examining the rune, Darius stood, allowing it to go back to its hole. however, it would not-it just stood staring up at him with large eyes. Tennebrae squawked at the other rune, having not really liked it in the time that it had been around, and had stayed securely on Darius' shoulder. The rune hopped a few steps closer, clearly looking to be picked up, so Darius did bend down to do that. However, when he got close, the rune hopped toward tunnels. Darius frowned, and for every step he too, the rune kept hopping. Obviously, it wanted to be followed, so instead of trying to pick him up, Darius just followed him. The rune led them through the tunnels, always making the air cold as they walked, and it always glowed. It wasn't long before Darius could see the light at the end of the tunnel they were in, and gratefully knelt down to tell the rune goodbye. But when he was about to stand, in a flurry of wings and feathers, the rune had perched itself on his head, looking pleased with itself.

Realizing the rune was not going anywhere, he exited the caves with it atop his head. Tennebrae was fussing on his shoulder, but Darius was pretty sure it was going to be a permanent addition to the family. The rest of everyone was camped out a short distance away, and greeted Darius back with waves and smiles. He went to his tent first however, digging out his guide to the many runes in the world, looking for one that matched the rune atop his head. When he sprawled out on his bed with the book in hand, the rune jumped off, sitting on the other side of the book, while Tennebrae sulked in the corner of the room, in his own bed. When he found a picture that matched, Darius began to read. It said negative runes often had varying powers, turning the things around them into their opposite. He looked up to observe the rune, recalling how it had glowed in the dark light, and how it now was shrouded in darkness in the light and how it had made the warm air cool, and now the cooler air warm.

"How intriguing..." he murmured aloud, watching in amusement as the rune made itself at home on his bed, shifting the colors of his bedspread, and inverting them where its claws touched. He began to think of names, recalling mythology and all other things he had learned. "Bastet?" he asked, recalling an Egyptian goddess, but when he rune seemed to glare at him he thought some more. "Nyx?" he asked, a Greek goddess of the night. She gave a trill at that, and he smiled, with a nod, as he knew she would become a permanent placement in the family now that she had received a name. Tennebrae wasn't looking so unhappy either.
    Soon enough, the rune was sound asleep, snoring softly.
[/center]
rose;

Postby rose; » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Sidereus, meaning heavenly, starry, or divine in Latin
    Yes
    "I don't need them," the girl grumbled as she pushed her way through the dense branches of the trees. It was growing darker the farther in she went, but she didn't even notice, too intent on just getting as far away as she could. So maybe she wasn't the best student, maybe she wasn't the best at the activities that went on after classes, but that didn't mean she wasn't just as good as everyone else... Right? It's what she told herself anyway.

"You couldn't spend a night out there, Kaleena," the girl huffed in mockery to herself as she kept pushing along, the surroundings dark and quiet now. It was what had pushed her out here with no supplies for the night, all alone. "I'll show them!" She huffed. After all, she had what they lacked. Motivation, and a need to prove herself to everyone else.

Soon enough, the brown haired girl stopped, but not really by her own bidding. Her foot caught on a root, causing Kaleena to go sprawling forward. She sighed as she picked herself up, before sitting down against a tree not far away, curling her knees against her chest. She now realized she couldn't have gone back, even if she wanted to.The girl didn't even know what way town was, not to mention it was completely dark.

It was a bit darker, a bit scarier than she'd thought it would be, and there were many hours to go. It wasn't long until the girl was growing cold and almost a little frightened, every little sound making her look frantically for the source of it. The darkness pressed in, only serving to remind her just how lonely it was out here. Maybe they were right... The girl gave a soft sigh as she leaned her head back, letting her eyes slowly shut, just halfway however.

There was no way she could tell how long she sat there, but eventually Kaleena did notice something... Different after a while. She wasn't sure how long it had actually been there, but she opened her eyes slowly to discover what it was.

There was a light! Kaleena hadn't the faintest idea how long it had been there, or what caused her to finally notice it, but the faint light did bring comfort, and for that small thing she was thankful.

The girl pushed herself to her feet with some difficulty, limbs stiff with inactivity. She ventured forward to the place where light filtered in from the trees, peering through them in cautious curiosity. What she saw was nothing short of amazing; truly beautiful. An elkrin stood before her, majestic and gleaming. Kaleena knew elkrin existed, but this species... they were all but a myth to the girl. For a few moments, she was struck completely speechless and motionless in awe over the simple beauty before her.

Finally though, she had enough control over her limbs to dig in her pockets for anything she had to offer up. What she found was disappointing at best- cracker crumbs and a nail- but she did find half a piece of pastry all wrapped up. Granted, a little smushed, but still most likely delicious. She held it out with slightly shaking hands, excitement filling her at the thought that the elkrin might step forward and take it from her own hand.

The elkrin that had clearly known she was there stepped forward delicately; slowly, cautiously extended its neck to take the offered food. The girl jumped as it bit her in the process, giving the creature a reproachful look, although she wouldn't say anything. She was just lucky it had allowed itself to be seen. Up close she could see the fine details of its coat, the fine cracks making such pretty patterns. Kaleena frowned, when instead of acting or seeming even slightly greatful, the doe turned quickly, tossing her head and prancing out of reach, and Kaleena could have sworn that she was being laughed at. "Fine," she grumbled. "I don't need you either." All she received was a snort.

Kaleena sat back against her tree once more, and that's where she stayed the rest of the evening, watching the doe through the trees.

The doe stayed there the rest of the night, and when Kaleena returned home the next morning, after much tramping through the woods, she was too distracted to really take notice of the praise she received of being able to spend a night out there, which was usually what she would have longed for. She wasn't so much in need of the attention, but rather the notion that she was the same as them, that they accepted her... The girl went straight to the libraries to research, which was most out of character. Most times she would have found the boys straight away to get in on the rough games they played. She spent the day in there, trying to find word of what might have caused the different patterns upon the elkrin's coat.

That night, and every one after that she repeated the actions of the first night, although she did bring supplies and better food to offer to the doe. Every night, she received the same from the doe. It seemed she was terribly amused with the efforts of the human girl, but it only frustrated her and gave her more reason to go out there every night. She became subject of even more teasing as the week went on, considering all the time she spent out in the woods and in the library, unwilling to tell why. She paid them no mind however, and only continued.

The third night, the elkrin allowed Kaleena to touch her. It was probably the best thing she'd ever felt.

After many, many nights the elkrin, so strong and resistant to charming bowed down for the human girl, allowing the girl to gently slip onto her back. Kaleena could hardly believe it! after all this work, she was finally- finally, chosen to be the rider of such a majestic, beautiful elkrin. It only made it better that she knew she had worked for it, she had earned it. She'd never seen or heard of one so wholly beautiful, and she realized that not many had seen an elkrin with such patterns. As the elrkin bore her out of the forest with pride- both of them full of it- she was met with awe, and she realized- if not a little too late- that she didn't need to be like everyone else, or even accepted by them to be special. Neither did the elkrin now at her side, and together, different and a little unsure of themselves, they'd do just wonderfully. They'd help each other along.

rose;

Postby rose; » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 pm

this is Hopi, the Vale Singer Elkrin, daughter of Sidereus c: and her mockingbird companion

Image and Image
rose;

Return to Galleries, Art Archives, and Fan Art