The Wizard and the Human

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

The Wizard and the Human

Postby Crasher » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

It all started on a snowy December day. The snowflakes were dancing, the wind was glistening, and the clouds were hovering over the sun. Rosie walked out to her porch, in a puffy coat and boots, and sat down. The snowflakes flew down onto her nose and she brushed them off.
"I hate the snow," She mumbled to herself, standing up. She walked to the snow in the backyard and laid down. "It's so irritating." Rosie rolled around, getting herself covered in snow. "It's a risk of getting frostbite, too." She sighed, sitting up. "Plus it's boring." She added. Rosie has always hated the snow since she was a child. Rosie is now in her

early twenties. Why did she always hate snow? That's a secret, and will be kept only by her for now on. December's the worst, too, apparently, for her. Rosie's parents come over, along with her husband's. Well, for Christmas. It's in about a week. Rosie doesn't trust the snow, either. She's been in many accidents from it.
She suddenly heard a loud beep from a car horn, and she jumped up, running to her front yard. Was it her husband? No. Was it her parents? No. Was it her brother? No. Rosie didn't recognize him as he hopped out of his car, slamming his door. Rosie winced, just hearing the sound of that. She hates loud noises. "Apologizes, ma'am." The man said,

looking at Rosie and smiled. "You're wondering who I am, aren't you miss?" He asked, and Rosie nodded slowly. The man looked a tad bit over forty. "Why don't I just show you?" He asked and Rosie started to back away slowly.
"I don't think I'd like that," Rosie said, "I don't know you." The mad started to shake his head.
"Do you believe in wizards?" The man asked. Rosie shook her head.
"Why so many questions?" Rosie asked, now. The man simply smiled, unlocking her gate and stepping in her yard.

"Fine. My name is Ryder." The man, or Ryder, said. "I'm a wizard, or preferably, the wizard."
Rosie began laughing, "Wizards don't exist, unless you're in a fantasy!" She was still laughing when Ryder began to speak again.
"We are, miss."
"Yeah, sure.." Rosie rolled her eyes, walking up the steps on her porch. "Never come back again, thank you, goodbye." She walked inside her warm home. "One weird man.." Rosie muttered.
Crasher

Return to Creative Writing