Night Whispers

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Night Whispers

Postby Lailic » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Black fire, thick suffocating smoke filled the camp. Chaos erupted like a volcano. Mothers called to their children in desperation. The wailing of lovers weeping over their loved ones who lay lifeless on the bloody ground. I stood in the midst of it unable to do anything. I turn and see my mother and a young, dirt covered, black haired girl on the ground. "Go! Run as fast as you can and don't stop. Seek the light!" Tears streamed down my mothers face. She gasped for air. Dying slowly in the girls arms. "You can still live. Find the light..." The girl watched the light fade from her pale green eyes. She said nothing. Frightened into muteness. She took off and left her there. "Come back! Fight do something!" I screamed. It was no use the girl couldn't hear me. The shadows creepy trilling filled the air.

I woke up with a jerk. My face damp and body trembling. That dream... That memory always haunted me. I shouldn't have left her there. A lump formed in my throat. Don't cry. You cant cry. Not any more. You're alone now Jamie. I pushed myself up climbing carefully out of the nook I had taken refuge in the night before. My neck and limbs popped and ached from being in such a tight and uncomfortable place last night.

WIP

NOT MEANT TO BE READ
I ran aimlessly. There was no where to go. The heartless creatures hid behind every tree, under every rock, and even my own shadow. I shivered violently, the cold wind stinging my skin. Thunder boomed in the distance, I watched lightening strike across the horizon. It's always been like this. Running from the shadows. They hunted us for sport. Last night they raided my camp. Killing or carrying away everyone.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Return to Creative Writing