Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Do you volunteer around dogs? If so, where?

No.
46%
Yes - Foster
13%
Yes - Volunteer at Shelter
19%
Yes - Other
22%

Total votes : 63

Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

Postby Areater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:04 am

Note: You don't have to own a dog to participate in this thread. You can just be a dog-lover.
    If there is a thread like this already, I am terribly sorry. I was told there wasn't, though.

~~~

Well, hello! I am surprised there isn't a thread like this yet. Here you can talk about dogs. You can talk about your dog, or the dog you babysit, or how you want a dog but can't/aren't allowed. Really, anything dog-related is okay! Feel free to ask advice, but remember, we aren't all vets. You can't trust the information we give you, so it's not a good idea to ask what you should do for a sick/injured dog.

Rules
- Please behave maturely and don't attack other people's opinions.
- Please do not spam.
- Have fun!

(Optional) Form
You do not have to fill this out, but you can if you want to. Make sure to blur our faces/names/etc. on pictures, we don't want to share any personal information because we forgot our address/full name was on our dog's collar!

Code: Select all
[b]What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? -[/b]
[b]Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? -[/b]
[b]Pictures of your dog(s) -[/b]
Last edited by Areater on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't use the picture in my avatar, he is my OC. His name is Tadpole, and his design was made by wesleydog (CS) and that particular piece of art was made by glimmer99 (CS). Thank you!

Because kittens.
Areater

Example Form

Postby Areater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 am

Please don't use the picture in my avatar, he is my OC. His name is Tadpole, and his design was made by wesleydog (CS) and that particular piece of art was made by glimmer99 (CS). Thank you!

Because kittens.
Areater

Re: Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

Postby Distortionist » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:19 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Borzoi! They're so thin and elegant and tall and pretty *^*
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - I have one dog right now :3
Pictures of your dog(s) - I don't have any on hand right now, but he's a Pomeranian :)
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Areater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 am

I think Borzois look kind of silly, but pretty and elegant nonetheless c:
    And pomeranians are so cute, especially as puppies! What is his name?

Because kittens.
Areater

Postby Distortionist » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:03 am

Hehehe
His name is Carlos. We got him its that name, and I guess it just stuck. Your dogs are adorable!
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - I like big dogs. ^^ I'm a Labrador lover through and through because that's the dog I grew up, and they are the sweetest, most wonderful breed. Really, I'm a big dog person. I've always had a soft spot for sporting and working breeds. The dog I've always wanted to get is the Xoloitzcuntli, or Mexican Hairless Dog. I think they're beautiful, and their history is fascinating, and from what I've read about them, they seem like a good match for me.
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - I owned a beautiful Labrador retriever who passed away last year. She was the greatest dog ever, and can never be replaced. She had a long and healthy life for a dog of her breed, and not a day goes by where I don't miss her, and am eternally grateful to her for being the most amazing friend ever. Currently, I have two other dogs in my family. One is a Bichon mix we rescued who we've had for ten years (who was heartbroken for months over the loss of our lab, but is doing much better now), and a poodle or poodle mix my dad found at work. He found the dog two weeks after our Lab passed away, so my grandpa is convinced she somehow got us together. He's currently in that teenage stage where he's an absolute terror, and has such an attitude. When he isn't acting up though, he is pretty cute. He's mostly my dad's dog and goes with him to work, so I don't have to deal with him all day. XP
Pictures of your dog(s) - Ehh, too lazy to go hunt some up. XP Just imagine the cutest picture you've ever seen, and times it by ten. That's my puppies! :D
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Areater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:14 am

Carlos sounds like a cute name!
    When we got Lexi her name was Lexus, and so we just decided to shorten it and keep it close to her other name.
    Poor girl, she was abandoned just after the puppy stage was finished </3 (She is now afraid of being left at a kennel and will never set foot outside without a leash on, unless she's going out in the backyard.)
    Charlie was named by my aunt/uncle/cousins, so I don't know why they chose that name. When my grandparents lived with them Charlie bonded with my grandfather, and he gets really stressed out when he's alone, so when my grandparents moved to our house they ended up taking Charlie because my aunt/uncle/cousins are gone nearly all day every day. When they came for Christmas break, it was so sweet, because after 2 1/2 years he remembered them and was thrilled to see them. Usually he would bark and snap at strangers, but he was jumping up and trying to kiss my aunt and uncle's faces. He seemed to forget my cousins, though, as he would growl at them whenever they came near and he bit one of them (not hard, thankfully. She moved her arm out of the way so his teeth only grazed her.)

Welcome Silverhart! Labs are very pretty dogs, I've met some real sweethearts. I'm sorry about your deceased dog, I know how hard that can be (I lost my chihuahua-pug mix, Ashley, about 2 years ago.)

Because kittens.
Areater

Postby DarkHorizon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:17 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - It's difficult to just choose one breed, but I've always loved Spitz type breeds, like Shibas and Akitas and such. Although I like Shepherds a lot as well.
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - Yep, 2. One is a St. Bernard/Lab mix and the other is a 6-month old puppy. She's from a shelter and no one really knows what breeds she is, but we're thinking some sort of Shepherd mix. She's currently at the destructive-puppy stage where she keeps destroying all of her toys, ugh. x_x XD
Pictures of your dog(s) - I'll upload some later, maybe..

@Silverhart, I'm sorry as well for the loss of your dog. </3 The dog I grew up with was a Lab/Golden Retriever mix that I had for as long as I can remember. I just lost her over the summer though. It's certainly not an easy thing to lose a pet, especially one you've spent so many years together with.

ImageImage
DarkHorizon

Postby Aquarine » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)?
I don't have one favorite, but many: maltese, shih tzu, spitz, pomeranian, shiba inu, some of the smaller terrier breeds, papillion, samoyed, and more if I can think of any. Mostly I like breeds that have some fluff on them and is usually small or medium in size. I don't really have reason except they are really cute to me X3. Oh and of course, I also like mixed breeds as well :) They are all cute in their way~

Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many?
I used to own one,a small white maltese, but our family had to move where we couldn't keep her anymore, so we gave her to our grandparents who took care of her until she died of old age. Unfortunately, we were too far away to even go and see her...until recently. In the bright side, it seems she had a wonderful life there with big backyard/house and many other doggie friends. :)

Pictures of your dog(s)
None that I own. I should have took more photos of her when I was with her, but I was too young to realize this...sigh. :( She was really cute with black beady eyes, white fluffy fur and drooping ears ^w^ I only saw her as a puppy though, never grown up. When I did see a photo of her my grandparents showed me(When I last visited) she looked so different with much longer fur all over her body and a little red tie on her forehead to stop hair getting in her eyes :) She became a beautiful lady from cute baby gal I knew X3
>~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~<

Hi :)
I hope you have a nice day <3

>~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~<
This little Chillawing is called Dulcibella.
She's my custom pet I won from the raffle <3
Lovable and sweet, she loves to eat honey~
Aquarine

Postby Areater » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:16 am

@DarkHorizon: We aren't sure exactly what our dog, Lexi, is either, but we're guessing Shepherd Mix.
    @Aquarine: I really like Samoyeds too, they are such pretty dogs. But my favorite is still mixed breed dogs!

To both of you, welcome to the thread c:

Because kittens.
Areater

Next

Return to General Discussion