Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Do you volunteer around dogs? If so, where?

No.
46%
Yes - Foster
13%
Yes - Volunteer at Shelter
19%
Yes - Other
22%

Total votes : 63

Re: Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

Postby ferretjuice » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:19 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? -
Australian Shepherds, they just look so beautiful. i love the ones with different coloured eyes!
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? -
yes, 1 purebred german shepherd girl called brooklyn :3
Pictures of your dog(s) -
ferretjuice

Postby KisaWolfz » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 pm

How did I not see this thread sooner?!

German Shepherds. Ive grown up with them and I think they are the best breed to have; in my opinion of course, but they really are super intelligent.

I own 1 dog. He is German Shepherd mix.

My dogs name is Trip, and he is currently 6 months old... 7 months old, and is 45 pounds... 53 pounds.

UPDATE IMAGE

Last edited by KisaWolfz on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KisaWolfz

Postby carmel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:00 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Cavalier King Charles Spaniels! I'm babysitting two, a Ruby coloured and a Blenheim coloured one. They're two lovelies, I'm so glad I'm babysitting them. They give me the best time ever.
Other than the Cavaliers, I love all dog breeds. Literally, all of them. Just the Cavaliers as my top c:
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - I own none but I sure do look at lots of videos of dogs and puppies, but does babysitting two dogs count? ;O
Pictures of your dog(s) - This is Sammy! He's a year old and a cross c:

This is both Sammy and Lucy!

I have a question!
Does anyone here have a Cavalier? If you do, please PM me! I'm thinking of getting a Cavalier but then I also have so many questions :o
carmel

Postby SilentObserver » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Shaffordshire terriers c: (pitbulls)
    They are lovely dogs! They are very very misunderstood though... But if you actually sit down and show them some love and affection you're bound to be friends forever c:
    warning: they like to hog the bed at night and cuddle a lot cx
    Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - Two c: my two lovely pitbulls Ivy and Zildjian
    Ivy: http://pre08.deviantart.net/ca02/th/pre ... 91r4v0.jpg
    Ivy's a very small pitbull, about two quarters the size of a normal pitbull (maybe even one quarter)

Zildjian: http://pre01.deviantart.net/106b/th/pre ... 91r568.jpg
    Zildjian is pretty intimidating at first sight, but he's a big baby uwu... He loves cuddling and leaning on you. He also likes to shove me off the bed if I'm not petting him

Zildjian and Ivy are also a couple, if you will. They've had pups together and they love to cuddle with one another c:
    See?
    http://orig12.deviantart.net/218d/f/201 ... 91r5ji.jpg
SilentObserver

Postby Giant Talking Banana » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:39 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Bernese Mountain Dogs (they're so fluffy and big enough to hug. They are also SO pretty! <33)
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - One golden retriever, maizey.

Most of these are from a few years ago. Even though she looks looks a puppy, she is actually seven years old :P

╔════════════╗

Hello! I'm Giant Talking Banana.
I'm not active anymore, but I like
to keep some stuff on my account
around just for memories' sake.
xxxxxxxx<- Sadgati
--------signature made by me--------

╚════════════╝
Giant Talking Banana

Postby rose; » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 pm

we just got our new puppy, we got him at 5 weeks since he was completely detached from his mother so the breeders contacted us if we wanted him already, saying it was alright.
potty training was going really, really well at first. We hardly had any accidents at all the first two weeks, but now he's just been terrible. He has probably upwards of ten accidents a day. I take him outside the moment he wakes up, the moment he gets out of his kennel, on the hour, etc. I watch to make sure he goes to the bathroom, but when I bring him inside without fail, its only about ten minutes (sometimes and often less) he's having an accident on the floor and I really can't figure out why. Its not like I cut it short outside.
Anyone else had troublesome puppies? All our other dogs have potty trained very, very easily, and while I know he's young this can't go on for much longer
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Postby egg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Bull Terrier! i love their head shapes. (second favourite is probably Doberman.)
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - yeeesss, i own a Working Cocker Spaniel! her name's Riley.
Pictures of your dog(s) - aah i don't have any on my computer :( disgraceful, i know >'D her fur colours are Blue Roan, though!

rose; wrote:
we just got our new puppy, we got him at 5 weeks since he was completely detached from his mother so the breeders contacted us if we wanted him already, saying it was alright.
potty training was going really, really well at first. We hardly had any accidents at all the first two weeks, but now he's just been terrible. He has probably upwards of ten accidents a day. I take him outside the moment he wakes up, the moment he gets out of his kennel, on the hour, etc. I watch to make sure he goes to the bathroom, but when I bring him inside without fail, its only about ten minutes (sometimes and often less) he's having an accident on the floor and I really can't figure out why. Its not like I cut it short outside.
Anyone else had troublesome puppies? All our other dogs have potty trained very, very easily, and while I know he's young this can't go on for much longer

eek i hope he's been having less accidents recently. if not, i suggest you buy some puppy training pads for indoors and put one in each room. i did this when my dog was a puppy :0
Last edited by scmarshtacky on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rather than double posting, please edit your previous post. ^^
egg

Postby Tsundere » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 am

Tie between Alsation, Samoyed and Siberian Huskies.

I own two actually, not on purpose. Both rescue dogs. We got our Wired Fox Terrier back in 2009 when we were on our way to the shopping centre in another town. Around the motorway we seen him wondering about on the side near the grass. At first, we drove past him but my mother's conscience just wouldn't leave her alone so she turned back and picked him up. We scanned him for microchips, looked for his owner but to no avail. We ended up keeping him.

Our other dog, some breed I forget the name of because my memory is awful was adopted by us when my half-sister took pity on her neighbour's farm dog who was going to be put down. He was only meant to come to us temporarily but we ended up keeping him because no one would take him. It's been over a year now and I can confidently say I have never met a more yappy annoying mutt in my entire life. His big puppy eyes make up for it though.

I only really have pictures of the dogs with our tomcat because they're best friends but here and here

I like dogs but I'm definitely more of a cat lady :3
x
x

────────is  the────────
──────────of───────────
ImageImage
Tsundere

Postby remnants » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Oh man, I'm entirely obsessed with dogs. This thread sounds great.

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - Bull terriers, aaa. They're so wonderful, with their weird shaped heads and their tiny eyes. I don't know what it is about them exactly, but they really stand out to me. Maybe it's because they're so unique. I also really love Dobermans, Rottweilers and practically all bull-type terriers.
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - No. :c We live in a tiny apartment where dogs aren't allowed. My mother told me we could get a dog when we move, though. Of course, my heart is set on owning a bull terrier.
I owned a Chihuahua once, his name was Peanut. We had to get rid of him when we moved to a different house, however. It was heartbreaking, but I'm so ready to have another dog in my life.
remnants

Postby Silverfox12578 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:38 am

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? - I LOVE Huskies. I'm not sure why but they've always been my favorite dog breed.

Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? - I have two dogs. :) They are both cross breeds but we still love them! XD One is a female Labrador cross called Dumpling and the other is a male German Sheppard cross called Ozzy. Dumpling is two years old, Ozzy is only 4 to 5 months.

Ozzy left, Dumpling right.

Dumpling was a gift from me to my mother for her 50th birthday. :) Dumpling is the naughty and destructive one and Ozzy is afraid of pretty much EVERYTHING but has a very sweet personality. (Yes I know.. Their names don't match their personalities at all!) XD
~#♢My Homestead Guardians♢#~

Image Image

~#♢ Echo & Eclipse♢#~

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If anyone needs any help or is just looking for someone to talk to, don't hesitate to send me a PM! :)

♢<☆~☆~☆~☆<♢♡♢>☆~☆~☆~☆>♢
Silverfox12578

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion