Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Do you volunteer around dogs? If so, where?

No.
46%
Yes - Foster
13%
Yes - Volunteer at Shelter
19%
Yes - Other
22%

Total votes : 63

Re: Dog Owner Thread (All Dog-Lovers Welcome!)

Postby Noel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:29 pm

A couple days ago I took my dog to the vet for a check-up. He had to get his ears checked because he always gets icky ears during the summer. So they treated his ears.

I asked if they could trim his nails some because he has super long nails and the groomer we took him too last year said she couldn't trim them because the quik was really long as well. But the vet had no problems clipping his nails. They even trimmed his furry feet (he has/had Grinch looking feet). So now he has cute little feeties.

Also, I asked if there was anything they could do for his hips. He's nearly 14 and his hips bother him. They gave me some pain pills for him. And there is a joint supplement type drug that will help with his hips as well. But they needed to do a few tests before hand. So they collected some blood and urine samples and said they would let me know is a couple days how they turned out. Well, everything came out good, which makes me relieved. His kidneys and all that are still doing good in his old age. And now I can get him on some meds that will help him with his hips.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby Snowfrost Aj » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:48 pm

What is your favorite dog breed (and why)? -
Shih tzu because their just so small and cute
Do you own a dog(s)? If so, how many? -
I have 3 dogs, 1 unknown mix, 1 shoodle, a.k.a sheep dog and poodle, and a shih tzu
Pictures of your dog(s) -
I couldn't find any actual pictures of them so i found some look alikese :P
Maggie Dog(The Shih tzu): http://a-z-animals.com/media/animals/im ... ih_tzu.jpg
Nena (Unknown mix): http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Rg9Rw5cqxJI/T ... d+Mix1.JPG
Pepper (Shoodle): http://soltechenergies.net/wp-includes/ ... x-8016.jpg
I'm HUGE Undertale
trash.
I also like Minecraft and Mincraft Youtubers like Skydoesminecraft, Aphmau, Redvactor,and more! Feel free to pm me anytime!
Snowfrost Aj

Postby Noel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 am

Today has been a hard day. My beautiful big boy, Max was put to sleep. He's lived a long life of 15 years full of love.

I save him from an unknown future as a small three month old pup. The people who owned him were the kind of people to tire quickly of pets and dump them on some back country road. Max was left locked in the kitchen of their apartment, seldom fed, and seldom let outside. They then punished him for going potty inside. When I heard they wanted to get rid of him I went right over to meet him. One look I knew I had to take him. He was so small, skinny, dirty and stinky. But it was love at first sight for me. I just recently bought a house and wanted a dog, so I took him home. He's been by my side ever sense that day, except for a couple years I lived out of state. He was with me though everything. Dating, marriage, divorce, a few moves. He was a happy, healthy pup for much of his life.

The last couple years tho his health slowly declined. First his hearing went about three years ago. Then his hip slowly gave up on him. His eye sight was slowly starting to go as well. The last few months has been hard on him. Barely able to get up on his own, couldn't stand for long, and you could just tell he was in pain despite the pain pills I gave him. He's had several accidents which couldn't be blamed for, as well.

I knew this day would come but I dreaded it. I couldn't keep looking at him and putting him off knowing the pain he was in. So today I sat by his side crying my eyes out, petting him telling him he was such a good boy, as he took his last breath. It was so hard and continues to be knowing he won't be there to take to bed with me, or be there when I wake up. He will no longer be waiting for me to come home either. But it is a relief knowing he is no longer in pain. And is running around as happy as can be where ever he may be. And maybe one day we will be reunited once again.

You will be missed and forever loved my beloved boy.

ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby MissyChariot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:28 am

@Noel
I'm so sorry, having a dog die is one of the worst feelings in the world. I'm sure he loved being with you, and you'll see each other again.
Have lists +more on Chicken Smoothie, will trade for Eld
MissyChariot

Previous

Return to General Discussion