Homework Help Center

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Homework Help Center

Postby carmel » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Homework Help Center

Contents

Introduction and Rules/ How to fill a form
Useful Research Databases
Study Guide and Tips
Helpers

Welcome to the Homework Help Center!
This is the place you can turn to if you need help with your homework, seek advice about your work, or ask a general question.

To keep this thread running smoothly, I've created a set of rules that will keep everyone from harm. This will give you a better understanding of the things that are allowed to be shared and whatnot.
Please do not answer a question if you aren't 100% sure.

Be aware of plagiarism. Please don't post your entire essay here. Not only will it harm you, but cheaters can straight up copy off it and take your credit.

Don't cheat!

Offer quality content. Do your best to help your peers and they'll thank you for the result.

Don't spam! If you have multiple questions, try to put it all in one post. Or else, try to limit yourself to up to three posts per page. No spamming.

ALL ELDEMORE RULES APPLY. Questions must be appropriate and of course, on topic (related to learning).

Try to show the step-by-step process in an equation and offer notes (how you got the answer, etc.)

Now that you're fond of the rules and you're ready to ask away, use this form to ask a question.

Code: Select all
[center][size=150][b][u]I have a question:[/u][/b][/size]

[b]Subject:[/b] [insert]
[b]Your Question:[/b] [insert]
[b]Additional Information:[/b] [insert/optional][/center]

Ask away!
Last edited by carmel on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmel

Useful Resources

Useful research databases

Introduction and Rules/ How to fill a form
Useful Research Databases
Study Guide and Tips

If you have any useful resources that you'd like to suggest, please fill out this form! (It's easy to look for them in case they get lost in the thread)

Code: Select all
[size=150][b]Useful resources![/b]
[b][Insert link, etc][/b]
[b]Subject it's useful for:[/b]
[b]Additional info[/b] try to explain how it's useful [/size]

All subjects
Wolphram Alpha
-Wolphram Alpha is extremely extensive in the subjects that it covers
It operates in a very specific input/output way, so you might need to already know a bit about your topic before you can use it, but Wolfram is extremely accurate and has a very large database. The only problem is that it's not an entirely free application, so anything other than answers (step by step work, answer explanations, reasoning, etc.) is not shown unless you do pay for the program."

Khan Academy
- Covers a very extensive range of topics, although its focus is on the core subjects (science, math, history, english)
Khan Academy is an incredible site and very user friendly. It provides extremely detailed explanations and in depth questions.

Mathematics
Mathway

Languages
Reverso Translation Excellent translator for: French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Portuguese, Hebrew, Japanese, English.

Jisho
A very good website for Japanese translation
It offers multiple meanings as well as context, among other small details.

Geography

History

English

Chemistry

Biology

Physics

Health

Arts

Social Studies

Business

ACT, SAT
CollegeBoard
For high school sophomores and up, CollegeBoard is wonderful when it comes to the ACT and SAT.
You can take tests individually, or the entire mock test, and practice your essay writing separately as well.

Contributors:
ιηƒιηιтє.
Last edited by carmel on Sat May 06, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carmel

Re: Homework Help Center

Study Guide and Tips!

coming soon!

Feel free to post how you stay focused and study.
Last edited by carmel on Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmel

Postby carmel » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm

reserve
Last edited by carmel on Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmel

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Thu May 04, 2017 6:34 am

A very interesting and helpful thread! I'm glad this is a thing at least somewhere, haha.

Useful resources!
    Wolphram Alpha
    Subject it's useful for: Wolphram Alpha is extremely extensive in the subjects that it covers; I mainly use it for math and more clinical things, but it does offer help on fine arts and things like that as well.
    Additional info It operates in a very specific input/output way, so you might need to already know a bit about your topic before you can use it, but Wolfram is extremely accurate and has a very large database. The only problem is that it's not an entirely free application, so anything other than answers (step by step work, answer explanations, reasoning, etc.) is not shown unless you do pay for the program.

Khan Academy
    Subject it's useful for: It covers a very extensive range of topics as well, although its focus is on the core subjects (science, math, history, english).
    Additional info Khan Academy is an incredible site and very user friendly. It provides extremely detailed explanations and in depth questions. The only problem is that it could be a very daunting website to jump in as it's hard to know where to begin.

CollegeBoard
    Subject it's useful for: For high school sophomores and up, CollegeBoard is wonderful when it comes to the ACT and SAT.
    Additional info You can take tests individually, or the entire mock test, and practice your essay writing separately as well.

Jisho
    Subject it's useful for: A very good website for Japanese translation
    Additional info It offers multiple meanings as well as context, among other small details.

Quizlet and Memorize are also very good for studying and compiling information. :)
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby carmel » Sat May 06, 2017 7:12 pm

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:
    A very interesting and helpful thread! I'm glad this is a thing at least somewhere, haha.

Useful resources!
    Wolphram Alpha
    Subject it's useful for: Wolphram Alpha is extremely extensive in the subjects that it covers; I mainly use it for math and more clinical things, but it does offer help on fine arts and things like that as well.
    Additional info It operates in a very specific input/output way, so you might need to already know a bit about your topic before you can use it, but Wolfram is extremely accurate and has a very large database. The only problem is that it's not an entirely free application, so anything other than answers (step by step work, answer explanations, reasoning, etc.) is not shown unless you do pay for the program.

Khan Academy
    Subject it's useful for: It covers a very extensive range of topics as well, although its focus is on the core subjects (science, math, history, english).
    Additional info Khan Academy is an incredible site and very user friendly. It provides extremely detailed explanations and in depth questions. The only problem is that it could be a very daunting website to jump in as it's hard to know where to begin.

CollegeBoard
    Subject it's useful for: For high school sophomores and up, CollegeBoard is wonderful when it comes to the ACT and SAT.
    Additional info You can take tests individually, or the entire mock test, and practice your essay writing separately as well.

Jisho
    Subject it's useful for: A very good website for Japanese translation
    Additional info It offers multiple meanings as well as context, among other small details.

Quizlet and Memorize are also very good for studying and compiling information. :)

Ahh, thank you so much for contributing to the list!
carmel

Return to General Discussion