Winter Olympics

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Winter Olympics

Postby Archer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Australia? Wow, that's kind of impressive (and cool) XD

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Uspar » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:55 am

Yeah I was amazed haha. The final positions went to Japan and Canada :3
Britain won the matches against Germany and the US in the men and womens curling :3
Currently Britains ladies are vs'ing Canada and they are currently at a total of one end while Canada are on 3
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

Postby Archer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:44 pm

Canada's doing so well already this year, it's quite wonderful! And with curling, Canada's women's beat Great Britain, and the men's team is currently beating Russia. I wish the games weren't being played at 3 AM and 8 AM my time, as I quite enjoy watching curling live. :)

I'm still rather surprised that Shaun White didn't even make medal standings this year. He still had an awesome run despite the touches, though.

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby turtle » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:49 pm

The Canadian men's hockey team is playing I think tomorrow.
I'm excited. After what Sidney Crosby did last time, even though I don't really like him, I think everybody is excited to see how he plays this year.
If we don't win gold I think all of Canada is just going to be really disappointed.
turtle

Postby Rainy. » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 am

The thing that is really interesting to me about Sochi's hosting of the Winter Olympics are the hotels and places in which the athletes and reporters are staying at! Its ridiculous that some doors are so easily breakable (A snowboarder actually smashed his bathroom door and made a hole in it after getting stuck in the bathroom...), door knobs falling off in hand, toilets put right next to each other in the same bathroom! Not to mention the quality of water in some rooms, and also stray cats and dogs roaming around everywhere!

I don't really cheer for any specific team, I just sort of cheer for everyone in front of the telly, so I guess that's a good thing - there's always something to be excited about! After all, I root for all teams!
Rainy.

Postby Castiel » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:34 pm

I heard someone's toilet was installed backwards. XD

There was this point where US was beating Canada in Hockey and I was all like:

Castiel

Postby Calliope » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:36 pm

So excited about last Sunday's women's slope style. Snowboarding in the uk is such a small community me and my friends were going crazy when Jenny Jones got her bronze medal. Snowboarding is so disregarded by the uk mainstream that most people have no idea that in Jenny weve had a fantastic world class athlete with a fantastic career. Thank goodness she's got recognition at last. I cried so much, and the British commentators were crying too... Perfect Olympic moment :)
Lovely lovely Elkrin!
Calliope

Postby Castiel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 pm

Did anyone see the men's short?

Yuzuru Hanyu is amazing. :D

-kewl
Castiel

Previous

Return to General Discussion