Bunnies

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Bunnies

Postby MissJalesi » Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 pm

interestingword wrote:Do bunnies get along ok with other pets?

Largely depends on the individual animals. Some dogs have way too much prey drive to the point they'll even kill cats they've been raised with. Some cats also tend to have a lot of prey drive or simply don't like other animals. Again, purely depends on the individual animals. I definitely don't advise ever leaving a rabbit unsupervised with a dog or cat as they speak different languages.

I personally wouldn't trust my cat around rabbits or any prey animal in general. He's very intolerant of most other animals and prefers to pretend they don't exist. That and he's a known bird killer. So....
Call me Jal, Jalesi or Sara!
Image Image
Image Image
Python Otterlings are my dreamies
MissJalesi

Postby Vazchu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:13 pm

I had a rabbit when I was younger. Her name was Aurora and she was actually the very first pet I had. Thus I loved her a lot. I don't even remember when one of my relatives gave us her because they had no room to keep her, but it was at least sometime around 2000.
A few years later we got a dog and hamster as well... And let's just say - one might think that it was our dog that was mean to her, but it was the other way around, lol. But whenever I cuddled with both of them they got along quite nicely - maybe because the two of them wanted to be with me and knew that I wouldn't accept it if the didn't get along when I was around... However, with our hamster we never really tried to have them outside their cages at the same time. But they had their cages beside each other, so they usually looked at each other as if they were speaking with one and another. Not to mention that Aurora enjoyed watching our hamster when he ran in his wheel or tried to climb on things he shouldn't climb on. xD

But all fun things comes to an end.. And because of me, because I had some unexplained sickness during the entire spring 2005 (the doctors had no idea what was wrong with me, so they blamed it on my allergies)... With the doctors and my parents blaming my sickness on my allergies, Aurora had to move... And after she had moved they said that my allergies had become much better, but I don't remember ever feeling better with my allergies, nor did that unexplained sickness disappear... So I to this very day, even though it's nine years ago this happened, I can't help but to think that I lost her in vain.
And then she died just a year later after she had to move away from us, perhaps less - this because of her new owner who didn't take care of her properly... And I can't help but to blame myself for that. Surely she was getting old, truthfully I don't even know how old she was, but somewhere around 7 or 8 years old... But it was because of me she had to move, thus it was because of me she died... And I'll never forgive myself for that.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby devil » Mon May 05, 2014 7:46 pm

My baby bunnies finally opened their eyes.
Ugh.
They are killing me.
Too much cuteness for me to handle.
<3
devil

Previous

Return to General Discussion