Cat Owners!

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Cat Owners!

Postby Lady Sif » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Viddi wrote:
Really worried about Stella. She's been bleeding and there's a possibility she could have Pyometra. As soon as I get paid on the 22nd I'll be taking all my money out of the bank in order to get her seen by a vet, I just hope she's all right until then. ;_; So worried about my pretty kitty.

That's awful! Is she spayed?
Lady Sif

Postby musette » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Unfortunately not, though that will be changing in just a few short days. I've been scrambling with temp jobs [even though technically I'm underage and not supposed to work through temps] but exceptions were made since I know people in the agency, and all the money I've been getting from my temp job the past two weeks will be going towards getting her spayed and checked for Pyometra before-hand. As of right now she seems to be doing fine, eating and drinking normally and I've been sure to keep an extremely close eye on her. I'm mostly worried about the results, though I'm hoping that perhaps she miscarried. We hadn't realized she was in head a few weeks ago, and our indoor/outdoor cat Founder was inside with the other cats at this time because it was storming badly and he was scared of the thunder. Unfortunately we think they may have gotten a little frisky, but a miscarriage is a much better prospect than the other possibilities. :\
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOU SHOULD KNOW
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
hello there, i'm musette but feel free to call
me muse! i'm one of the moderators here o
n eld, here to help and assist you in any po
ssible way! if you ever have any questions,
concerns, or are in need of a friendly chat,
feel free to pm me! .for help, click the links!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
THAT YOURE TOXIC
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
musette

Postby Noel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:13 am

Viddi wrote:
Unfortunately not, though that will be changing in just a few short days. I've been scrambling with temp jobs [even though technically I'm underage and not supposed to work through temps] but exceptions were made since I know people in the agency, and all the money I've been getting from my temp job the past two weeks will be going towards getting her spayed and checked for Pyometra before-hand. As of right now she seems to be doing fine, eating and drinking normally and I've been sure to keep an extremely close eye on her. I'm mostly worried about the results, though I'm hoping that perhaps she miscarried. We hadn't realized she was in head a few weeks ago, and our indoor/outdoor cat Founder was inside with the other cats at this time because it was storming badly and he was scared of the thunder. Unfortunately we think they may have gotten a little frisky, but a miscarriage is a much better prospect than the other possibilities. :\

I had a cat that had Pyometra. And from my experience it sounds like your kitty has something else or if anything maybe at a very early stage of the infection. I'm no vet or anything so please don't quote me.

I'm just going by my own personal experience and my cat was at an advance stage of the infection. Her belly was swollen, I just thought she was putting on weight, until I realized she wasn't eating and didn't drink all that much. She was also very lethargic. And I had no idea what was wrong with her until she started to discharge a large amount of pus from the infection (nasty as it may sound it's the truth) We got her in right away and she did make a full recovery. But it's scary to think that if she didn't discharge the infection it may have ruptured inside and ended up killing her.

I hope for the best for your cat.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby musette » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Neptonian wrote:
I had a cat that had Pyometra. And from my experience it sounds like your kitty has something else or if anything maybe at a very early stage of the infection. I'm no vet or anything so please don't quote me.

I'm just going by my own personal experience and my cat was at an advance stage of the infection. Her belly was swollen, I just thought she was putting on weight, until I realized she wasn't eating and didn't drink all that much. She was also very lethargic. And I had no idea what was wrong with her until she started to discharge a large amount of pus from the infection (nasty as it may sound it's the truth) We got her in right away and she did make a full recovery. But it's scary to think that if she didn't discharge the infection it may have ruptured inside and ended up killing her.

I hope for the best for your cat.

Well, we went to the vet today as I finally got payed. Stella does have Pyometra, but it's an extremely early onset of it and it was hard for the doctor to find, which is good since that means it's not too far into things. On Monday we've got to take her back to the vet again for a scheduled surgery, which will clear everything up. I'm extremely happy we were able to catch this early, though I admit I did cry a bit because I felt like I'd let my cat down and that I hadn't been taking as good of care of her in order to prevent it. Still, the surgery isn't too expensive and the doctors are extremely nice so I'm very happy with where we're at now. <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOU SHOULD KNOW
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
THAT YOURE TOXIC
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
musette

Postby Noel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Viddi wrote:
Well, we went to the vet today as I finally got payed. Stella does have Pyometra, but it's an extremely early onset of it and it was hard for the doctor to find, which is good since that means it's not too far into things. On Monday we've got to take her back to the vet again for a scheduled surgery, which will clear everything up. I'm extremely happy we were able to catch this early, though I admit I did cry a bit because I felt like I'd let my cat down and that I hadn't been taking as good of care of her in order to prevent it. Still, the surgery isn't too expensive and the doctors are extremely nice so I'm very happy with where we're at now. <3

I'm glad your kitty will be okay. And don't kick yourself down to much. There really isn't anything you could have done to prevent it, except get her spayed earlier. Some animals go their whole life and not have any problems. While others do get it, it is just something that happens.

Luckily you caught it early on so she didn't have to suffer so give yourself credit there. And in a few days your kitty will be back to normal doing what ever your kitty does best. Also, at least now you don't have to worry about any surprise kittens she may have had.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby musette » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Neptonian wrote:
Viddi wrote:

I'm glad your kitty will be okay. And don't kick yourself down to much. There really isn't anything you could have done to prevent it, except get her spayed earlier. Some animals go their whole life and not have any problems. While others do get it, it is just something that happens.

Luckily you caught it early on so she didn't have to suffer so give yourself credit there. And in a few days your kitty will be back to normal doing what ever your kitty does best. Also, at least now you don't have to worry about any surprise kittens she may have had.

Thank you so much for the kind words, they've really cheered me up. ;u; I got word from the doctors today, and Stella can be picked up tomorrow morning. Since I'll be at school, my mom's going to get her and set her up in our 200lb Shepherd's crate for a few nights while she heals and such. I'm so happy everything went well, and I can't wait to see my kitty ;O;. I don't know what I'd do without my Stella around, I've had her since she was two weeks old and bottle-fed her until she was old enough to be weaned. <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOU SHOULD KNOW
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
THAT YOURE TOXIC
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
musette

Postby Magnus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Ooooo yeah gotta join this!

How many cats do you have?

Favorite Cat Breed?

Bengal and Ragdoll

Names/Ages/Breeds?

Unknown name (for now!), haha! (We adopted her yesterday, after my old kitty, Daisy, passed away a few weeks ago from an unknown disease that kept dripping liquid in her lungs.)

Her name is Misha (Short for mishka)

1 year old

Piccies?

My old kitty daisy (Still can't get over her death, so I wish to add her photo here anyway)

Edit: Here's Misha :3

So so cute right? She used to be in cat shows but retired early because her back legs are too short for the standard. She has beautiful back markings though.
Last edited by Magnus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Magnus

Postby thomisus » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 pm

How many cats do you have? One
Favorite Cat Breed? None really, though manx cats and russian blues come close
Names/Ages/Breeds? Lucky a 4 year old manx
Piccies?
Yes he is blind in his left eye, he went blind when he was a tiny kitten and they don't know why.
He is agile as any cat and it hardly hinders his ability to jump on my face in the morning.
And yes his tail is only a little nubbin, he was born that way as well and no one had to cut it off.
I get asked that question more than I thought I ever would XD
thomisus

Postby ghostmouse » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:36 pm

How many cats do you have? Just one at the moment, though I kind of consider the cats that live at my parents house to be mine in a way.
Favorite Cat Breed? Bombay, Domestic Short Hair (aka, short haired "cat mutt")
Names/Ages/Breeds? Jax, about 2, DSH ("moggy" if you're British, I guess)
Piccies? Of course!

I prefer same litter swaps when possible! :3

ImageImage
ghostmouse

Postby Magnus » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm

So I have a funny story to share about my bengal girl.

So we finally finalized her name to Misha. (Short for mishka).

Buuut onto the story.

So I had misha in a Petco shopping cart (The baby section of the cart) with her harness on. She has always been very good when it comes to Petco shopping. She loves going there. Especially the birds.

As I was passing the big clear bird room I looked away for just a few seconds to look at something when I heard a big loud "THUD" from behind me. (And when I mean thud, I mean full power pounce action.) there she was, Misha spread eagle on the glass window leading to the bird room. She slowly slid down just like a cartoon. But that's not all. Right inside the window there was a husband and wife looking at the birds, and the husband had this terrified look on his face. He looked absolutely petrified. I looked down. He had peed his pants because of Misha!!
Magnus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion