Cat Owners!

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Cat Owners!

Postby MissJalesi » Thu May 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Didn't see a thread for cat owners so yo! Come here to discuss anything and everything cats!

Code: Select all
[b]How many cats do you have?[/b]
[b]Favorite Cat Breed?[/b]
[b]Names/Ages/Breeds?[/b] (any cat without papers is a 'moggy')
[b]Piccies?[/b]

How many cats do you have? 2
Favorite Cat Breed? Don't really have one
Names/Ages/Sex/Breeds? Boo (11 years, Male, Moggy) and Niles (10 months, Male, Moggy)
Piccies?
Niles:

Boo (with Niles chomping on his neck):
Call me Jal, Jalesi or Sara!
Image Image
Image Image
Python Otterlings are my dreamies
MissJalesi

Re: Cat Owners!

Postby Sphye » Thu May 08, 2014 9:11 pm

How many cats do you have? Lots of barn cats, but 1.5 indoors kitties (one of them is a momma who is usually a barn cat but decided to have her kittens in the house, so we let her stay for now).

Favorite Cat Breed? I love Japanese Bobtails, although I've never owned one. Munchkins are also adorable, though.

Names/Ages/Breeds? Calcifer (3 year old male moggy), Gigi (2-ish year old moggy, the aforementioned momma cat), and Gigi's kittens, Turnip, Radish, Nepeta, and Sir Rillian (female, male, male, and female, respectively.)

Piccies? Give me just a moment, I'll take some with my phone and edit this post with them.
Edit:
ImageImage
The kittens and Calcifer. I couldn't find Gigi while I was taking the pictures.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby musette » Fri May 09, 2014 12:24 pm

How many cats do you have? 5.5, one is an outdoor cat that comes inside when the weather is bad.
Favorite Cat Breed?
Names/Ages/Breeds? Mo: 4 year old male maine coon. Stella: 2 year old female moggy. Daisy: 15 year old persian female. Oats: 3 year old female moggy. Founder: unknown age male moggy. Grimmet [grim-ett]: 1 1/2 year old female moggy.
Piccies?Image oats [bottom] and mo [top].
Image oats [left] and stella [right]
Image grimmet
Image mo [left] and stella [right]
Image grimmet
Image daisy

unfortunately I couldn't get/find any pictures of Founder v.v
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
YOU SHOULD KNOW
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
hello there, i'm musette but feel free to call
me muse! i'm one of the moderators here o
n eld, here to help and assist you in any po
ssible way! if you ever have any questions,
concerns, or are in need of a friendly chat,
feel free to pm me! .for help, click the links!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
THAT YOURE TOXIC
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
musette

Postby ElijahWilkes » Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 pm

I actually filled out an adoption application for a cat recently. They sent someone to check out my apartment and said that I'm good in that aspect. They still need to call my references though. I'm really hoping that I will be able to go pick her up this weekend. She's a Siamese kitty. x3 I'm confident that I'll be able to get her, so as soon as I do, I'll come back and fill everything out and show pictures. x3
ElijahWilkes

Postby Edo Phoenix » Fri May 09, 2014 2:04 pm

How many cats do you have? I had many. But now, I don't have any, my mum don't allow me to have one anymore.

Favorite Cat Breed?
Somali, Turkish van, Turkish Angora, and short haired moggy cats, wait this is not a breed :3

Names/Ages/Breeds?
My cats all have no certificate, they're all are moggy cats. The last time I'm with them, they were:
------------------------------
Manis - 3 years old - location now: unknown
Panda - 2 years old - location now: unknown
Berny - few weeks old - location now: unknown
Zeke - few weeks old - location now: unknown
Shadow - few weeks old - location now: unknown
Marionette - a month and a few weeks old - deceased
Katheryne - 1 years old - location now: unknown

I don't remember much about them, and I was not too close to Kath.
Kon - a few weeks old, maybe 3 to 4 weeks old - deceased

Piccies?
I don't think Eld is a good place to post them :|
Last edited by Edo Phoenix on Wed May 14, 2014 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Edo Phoenix

Postby MissJalesi » Fri May 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Domestic Short Hair isn't a breed. It's another way of saying 'moggy'. Now, American or British shorthair? Those are breeds.
Image Image
Image Image
MissJalesi

Postby Cadeigha » Fri May 09, 2014 5:41 pm

How many cats do you have? Zero, too allergic! But my great aunt had a cat named Miss Kitty that I basically adopted as a child. We both loved each other a ton and of course I would like die of allergies with no regrets. And then there was another one named Scooter. He was afraid of all humans except for a couple (like me) and his head was chewed on by a dog (I was told they were being playful with one another but the juvenile pup was obviously playing too hard with the kitten's head) so he ended up being mentally ill when he grew up.
Favorite Cat Breed? I'm in love with any sort of bobtail cat, really. Japanese bobtails, kurilians, and then skookums and definitely highlanders!
Names/Ages/Breeds? Miss Kitty, she's really old right now I don't know a number, and she was just a pure black cat with green eyes with the most gorgeous, soft coat ever. Short-furred. Next up is Scooter, I believe he is deceased by now and he was a white male with black spots. Sorry I don't know breed names for these kitties. There was another really fat male that was all grey and super duper fluffy but I don't remember his name and he died early on when I was a kid.
Piccies? I wish D:

Hello there!
I love western hognose snakes— and pokemon, games, nature, writing, photography...
I like to be helpful and I love making friends so don't be afraid to PM me if you're looking for someone to talk to!
I'm friendly, I promise!
❤❤❤
Cadeigha

Postby SkieNight » Sat May 10, 2014 1:00 am

How many cats do you have? 1 cat and with her personality it's one too many xD but really I love her
Favorite Cat Breed? I don't really have one... I like Egyptian Mews & shorthairs of all kinds
Names/Ages/Breeds? Mittens (named for her little paws - 7 years old now - Technically a Moggy but she's a type of shorthair mix
Piccies?

*I know I have more picture, I'll try and find them*

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Lily.Sweet » Sat May 10, 2014 3:15 am

How many cats do you have?

Favorite Cat Breed?
Ahhh of domestic, gotta be Ragdolls.

Names/Ages/Breeds?
Snowbell, or Bit-Bit more commonly. Uh, I think she's like, 4, now! And she's a Ragdoll ball of fluff.

Piccies?
★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"gσт α ƒιgυяє ℓιкє α ριηυρ,
gσт α ƒιgυяє ℓιкє α ∂σℓℓ.
∂ση'т ¢αяє ιƒ уσυ тнιηк ι'м ∂υмв,
ι ∂ση'т ¢αяє αт αℓℓ!"

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★
Lily.Sweet

Postby MissJalesi » Sat May 10, 2014 9:36 am

All of your cats are adorable!

@Numi: I live in Maine so, hey, you got my state's kitty :P I don't generally like persians (flat faces bug me on both cats and dogs) but the fact yours is a tortie makes up for it. She looks like a grumpy old lady. <3 Seems you have a thing for marmalades?

@Lily.Sweet: Does she do the signature going limp when you pick her up? :P Pointed is my favorite pattern in cats so you get a brownie!

@Cadiegha: Being allergic sucks! I'm allergic too but, thankfully, I can get used to the cat and my allergies will stop. Niles was hell on me when we first got him. Doesn't help he likes to sleep right up against your face D:<

@Sphye: What are you gonna do with the momma and kittens once the kittens are old enough?

@ElijahWilkes: Good luck on the adoption process! Crossing my fingers for you!

@Eridan: How come your mom won't allow you anymore?

@SkieNight: Gotta love cats with spunk. xD Niles is super sassy but that might be him being a teenage boy.

I think I got everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Story time: Niles is harness trained, partially as a compromise with my mom who thinks that all cats should be inside/outside (cue eyeroll), while Boo is not but is an inside/outside cat himself. Anyway, yesterday, I was relaxing on the back porch/stairs with both of them and Boo decided he wanted inside. Get up to let him inside but still holding onto Niles' leash. Niles decides he wants to go as soon as I get to the door and starts straining at the leash. He quickly decides that, since he can't go forward, he'll just go to the side and he flings himself off the stairs. He's now hanging by a foot of leash and his harness leaving me with no choice but to drop him 4 feet to paving stones. Niles is an idiot but he's okay. Me? I might've had a mini-heart attack. Just a little one.
Image Image
Image Image
MissJalesi

Next

Return to General Discussion