The Best Quotes thread

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: The Best Quotes thread

Postby Glinda » Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Welcome to Night Vale has the best quotes. So weird and profound at the same time.

"May you find love. May you find it, wherever it's been hidden. May you find whoever has been hiding it and exact revenge upon them." - Welcome to Night Vale.

tbh that's the best quote about love I've ever heard

"90 percent of your body is water. Six percent is delusion. Four percent is lies." - Welcome to Night Vale

"Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not. We never are, but that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?" - Welcome to Night Vale

"When life seems dangerous and unmanageable, just remember that it is, and that you can't survive forever." - Welcome to Night Vale

and my favourite of all, because it's so entirely true:

"But here is the truth of nostalgia: we don't feel it for who we were, but who we weren't. We feel it for all the possibilities that were open to us, but we didn't take." - Welcome to Night Vales' deep moments.
Glinda

Postby OwnedByCats » Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 pm

“People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

~Mother Teresa”
ImageImageImage
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?” ~ Stephen Wright
OwnedByCats

Postby Mouse » Mon May 04, 2015 11:59 pm

"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current; no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place, and this too will be swept away."
-Marcus Aurelius
Mouse

Postby Chione » Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

"Anyone who looks at the world like a game of chess deserves to lose" -Harold Finch (Person of interest)

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." -Marcus Aurelius (Gladiator)

"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine."- Christopher (The Imitation Game)

"We're all flawed heroes. Responsibility is power. Take responsibility for the consequences of your actions and the world is yours. Everything is a choice." -Tom Hiddleston (I have a million other Tom quotes too XD)
Need lots of Eldemore pets from 2013!
Also need Baubles!
Send Trades Please!
Chione

Postby Scar » Tue May 05, 2015 10:29 pm

"We all want love, we all want honor, but nobody wants to pay the asking price" -- "Undone" by FFH

"Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness." -- Katherine Henson

"Only a life lived for others is a life worth living." -- Albert Einstein

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." -- Lena Horne

"Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life."

"You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice. A universal paradox."

"Sometimes we expect more of others because we would be willing to do that much for them."

"When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you."

"Cry as hard as you want to, but just make sure that when you stop crying, you never cry for the same reason again."

"Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

"Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying: 'I will try again tomorrow'."

"I am seeking, I am striving; I am in it with all my heart."
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?