The chefs chat (for cooking talk/tips.)

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

The chefs chat (for cooking talk/tips.)

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:18 am

Welcome! I didnt see a thread for talking about cooking so I decided Id post one. So basically anything related to cooking you can post here, like old stories or favorite recipes.

Rules:
No being rude and saying those recipes suck or something like that.
no harrasing other members
no swearing
only talk of cooking/baking here (barbeques are included.)
Have fun! (Though I think this rule is a given.)

Okay so my first tip is never make banana bread without vanilla, it really makes a difference in the taste, also dont put too much salt.
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Re: The chefs chat (for cooking talk/tips.)

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 am

Ph

FrighteningAsuna

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 am

Ph

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Ravenpaw » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:24 am

Hello there! Just kinda wanted to mark this! But I am somewhat ok at cooking! I can make simple meals, like potatoes, rice, chili, etc.! But I'm not very good yet XD but I love baking! I've been baking since I was a little child! I'm actually not so bad at it anymore! I find it quite fun!

Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising

Hello there! You may have known me as ArcticGold on CS!
I love Doctor Who, Supernatural, Free! ISC, Legend of Korra, Hetalia, and Attack on Titan! Feel free to pm me about any of these! I like to draw, play piano, and swim!
NOTICE: PM me if I don't respond to a trade within 2 days
Ravenpaw

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:45 am

Doctor Who wrote:Hello there! Just kinda wanted to mark this! But I am somewhat ok at cooking! I can make simple meals, like potatoes, rice, chili, etc.! But I'm not very good yet XD but I love baking! I've been baking since I was a little child! I'm actually not so bad at it anymore! I find it quite fun!

I love baking too, and if you need any tips when it comes to cooking Id love to help..

(By the way, I have been trying to figure out how ti make a souffle... any idea?)

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Silverhart » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:38 am

Oh! I love cooking and baking! ^^ I recently got a new ceramic frying pan. I've only ever cooked with Teflon and cast iron frying pans, so when I cooked some cheese on it recently and I saw that it didn't stick at all?! :shock: It was so beautiful... And then I cleaned it in like, 30 seconds. *cries* I loved my old frying pan, but this - this is the best. I love my new frying pan.

Hmm, souffles? I've never made one myself, but I've heard they're pretty difficult. Are you following a recipe?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 am

Silverhart wrote:Oh! I love cooking and baking! ^^ I recently got a new ceramic frying pan. I've only ever cooked with Teflon and cast iron frying pans, so when I cooked some cheese on it recently and I saw that it didn't stick at all?! :shock: It was so beautiful... And then I cleaned it in like, 30 seconds. *cries* I loved my old frying pan, but this - this is the best. I love my new frying pan.

Hmm, souffles? I've never made one myself, but I've heard they're pretty difficult. Are you following a recipe?

We had an orgreenic but gave it away because that person was the only one we knew who could use it correctly. For us everything stuck and it drove us nuts. I prefer stainless steel.

And I havent tried making one yet... Im trying to mentally prepare myself for when I do. Though soon enough I should be making casatelli.

FrighteningAsuna

Return to General Discussion