Horse Riders Thread

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Horse Riders Thread

Postby Tybalt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:27 pm

I do understand that, but I guess it's hard. So, you own your own horse? I don't anymore, but I'm currently working and I don't have the time or the money to do so. Once I get a bit more free in my life, it's on my list of things to do again. :)

Trail-riding is the same as Hacking, right? I'm currently a happy hacker, I don't go to competitions any more really, but the scenery around where I live is just amazing so I pretty much hack out and school now.

Ooooh, I'm jealous. I've been on my friends friesian a couple of times, and the power they have is amazing. I shall always be a heavier horse lover though, I don't know why, they just really appeal to me, though I have my light horse favourites as well, :)
â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–… â–…

Ours Is The Fury

I am running on mobile internet, so I won't be as active. Hopefully the wifi will be sorted soon!
Awesome Siggy, thanks to Mavric. <3

Tybalt

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Yeah. Victor is official mine, but my parents pay for the board while I'm at college. If I had a trailer, I could take him wherever I wanted, but I'd have to learn to drive with one first and then try to find the funds to buy it.

Hacking can mean trail riding. ^^ You're so lucky. We are around the outskirts of a town, and people would have an absolute fit if we actually rode into the town. Even if we ride along the back roads, there's a chance that some person's dog would run out and try to attack the horse. I mostly just ride in our boring arena.

There's pros and cons of both I think. I'm more of a warmblood lover myself, but drafts are really sweet. Four of the seven horses at our barn are Haflingers. They can be really stubborn and strong, but they're good horses. ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Tybalt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Aw, that's lovely. I bet he's your baby. I pretty much ride Rambo now, and my friends horses when I can.

I thought it was similar. Do you ride with a western saddle or English? I assumed English because of your dressage riding. I've tried American, loved it, but the saddles are really expensive over here. Yes, it's so lovely to have the dales right on the front door. I can't get enough of them! When you learn to drive a trailer though, it'll be easier. :

Again, not many American Warmbloods overhear. You mostly see cobs of all sorts, Irish sports horses and other hardy and allround horses. Haflingers are lovely, but yes, a little stubborn. Wow, 4 of them? That's ...... a lot! :D

Ours Is The Fury

I am running on mobile internet, so I won't be as active. Hopefully the wifi will be sorted soon!

Tybalt

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:04 pm

He's my best friend. ^^

English, since it's the most practical for dressage. Though we do have a "Western Dressage." Basically normal dressage in a western saddle. I bought my synthetic Wintec saddle for a little over $300, so as far as saddles go, it wasn't very expensive. My instructor's leather dressage saddle is $2000 though. XD

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Tybalt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Saddles are quite simply a pain in the behind.... Max had the oddest back and it took ages to find a sadle that fitted him right. :/ And it really did cost, just a normal saddle, cost 1500, but it was leather.

Ours Is The Fury

Tybalt

Postby Hyensa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:26 pm

2 months into equine management and it's pretty great. It really works your body! I could barely move for the first few weeks of school. I'm one of only 9/21 students who can lift a saddle onto a back haha.
Hyensa

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Are we talking a full leather Western saddle here? Or an English saddle? Because if it's the latter, I'm concerned for the people that can't lift it. xD

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby cowgirlte » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:03 pm

When did you start riding: I've been riding for about 10 years, but I've been around horses and farm animals for most of my life.

What style do you ride: I ride western. Mostly I just trail ride, but most of my friends are barrel racers and I go with them to most of their competitions. I've tried it a little, but I'm not very competitive. In fact, the last time I did the barrels, my horse spooked, threw me, and I had to have surgery to repair my arm. I'd like to get into team penning and sorting, but there's not too much of an opportunity for that around here.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Quarter Horse. I admire their versatility and I own one. Most people around where I live have Quarter Horses.

Hyensa wrote:
    2 months into equine management and it's pretty great. It really works your body! I could barely move for the first few weeks of school. I'm one of only 9/21 students who can lift a saddle onto a back haha.

Haha, that's crazy. For a long time I had a team penning saddle that weighed about 40 or so pounds. I didn't have too much of a problem with it though.
Cowgirls don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
Lessons in life are going to show you in time
Soon enough your gonna know why
It's gonna hurt every now and then
If you fall get back on again
Cowgirls don't cry

Cowgirl don't cry
Ride, baby, ride
Lessons in life show us all in time
Too soon God lets you know why
If you fall get right back on
Good Lord calls everybody home
Cowgirl don't cry
cowgirlte

Postby kitten441 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:39 am

When did you start riding:
I have no idea...

What style do you ride:
Western! YEE HAAAWW!!

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite:
I Like mustangs and Arabians
Image Image

kitten441

Postby Hyensa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:37 pm

spooktackylar wrote:Are we talking a full leather Western saddle here? Or an English saddle? Because if it's the latter, I'm concerned for the people that can't lift it. xD

We have full leather western saddles.
Hyensa

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion