Horse Riders Thread

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Horse Riders Thread

Postby Polly44 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm

When did you start riding: I can't even remember. Though i don't really ride much anymore. During the Animal Care course i did at college for three years i did my work experience at a horse stables and i hated it. Well not exactly hated it, but the people were a bit iffy and i didn't like my boss much. xD And i just couldn't get comfortable there. But i helped out with horses that needed schooling sometimes and with hacks rarely and sometimes had free lessons if one of the staff was training. I asked for a job before i left, but didn't get one. Not that i was too fussed about that.

Plus i work in a kennels now and i love it! :D

What style do you ride: English, though i would love to try Western.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Appaloosa! (Always has and always will be. Though i am rather partial to Hanoverians and Knabstruppers too.)

My nan used to own a pony called Sundancer (Sunny) when i was younger and i was supposed to share her with my female cousins, but they only ever turned up to help once, so she was kinda mine in a way.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Hyensa » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:38 pm

When did you start riding:
Just last year, actually!

What style do you ride:
Western forever. I don't like riding English. At all. xD

What breed of horse/pony is your favorite:
The Akhal Teke. c:
Hyensa

Postby sergio. » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:06 pm

When did you start riding: I started riding horses about a year ago. I haven't ridden since then, but I'd like to get a chance to when it's warm out.

What style do you ride: I ride western, but I hope to ride English as well.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Appendix Quarter Horses are really cool.

I know I need more stuff in my signature

dA | instagram | pf| CS| friendo | tumblr
5/8/15 Goodbye my lovely little kitty, rest in piece and may you walk in StarClan. <3
you can call me Sergio, I really like horses and cats
Image Image Image Image
omg rafinha everywhere

hi welcome to chilli's
sergio.

Postby Glinda » Mon May 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Eyy, a horse thread.

When did you start riding: When I was 7, as for lessons. (I'm in highschool now, for a general time frame) I've loved horses my entire life, though, so I'd been around them before that. It turned out I was terrified of being on them.

What style do you ride: I'm currently doing dressage training sort of. Its more like just general English riding, but we're counted as intermediate so it's not beginner basic stuff, but we don't really specialize. A few weeks ago we tried barrel racing. On dressage horses. It went as one would expect that to.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Dutch warmbloods, defiantly. I learnt to ride on one and still ride them. They're so fun to ride. But I'm fine with anything (but thoroughbreds. The trot is too bouncy in my opinion, although I know lots of people who love it.)
Glinda

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Whelp, my horse had a mild colic episode today. I got a call from the person that boards him about 6pm and now I'm on stakeout duty at the barn until midnight. He seems to be doing a lot better though, which is good. We caught it early so it shouldn't turn into anything major. He's got the growling intestines again and his gums aren't pale anymore. The clammy sweat is also gone and he's more perky. I'm so glad that he seems to be alright, but I wish it hadn't happened at all. The joys of horses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby kitten441 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:54 am

Ah, my horse is a greeny. He's bucked me off several times. But, he is a pony, just a few inches under that 14.2 hands. I hope your horse is feeling better soon!
Image Image

kitten441

Postby that.equestrian.alex » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:26 pm

When did you start riding: 11 years ago :]

What style do you ride: English:hunter/jumper, and im also doing polo @ my stable.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite:Thoroughbreds or Friesians <3

i own 4 horses.

King: Bay TB 5'5" hunter stallion
Vika: German-Imported black TB 5'4" Grand-Prix Jumper stallion
Chance:Blueroan TB x QH 4'6" hunt/jump mare
HarleyQuinn(harley): Dapple Grey TB 2 YO filly (who im training to be a hunter,jumper, and equitation mare)
Hey, I'm Alex. I'm an agender pansexual.
∞~fallen infinity~∞
Sig under construction!
that.equestrian.alex

Postby Scyanatha » Fri May 20, 2016 6:39 pm

I hope nobody minds me bumping this up xD

When did you start riding: I must have been around 5 or 6 years old when I started; I can't even recall the first time I rode a horse.

What style do you ride: English, with a very faint touch of Western sometimes.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Highland Pony, hands down. They're so beautiful and have so much character - and besides, I prefer sturdier horses over the slender, spindly-legged kind. No offense though - they're still absolutely beautiful, but I just think it's scary to ride them because they feel so fragile.

Unfortunately, I haven't ridden a horse for over two years now, since my own horse died. I still miss her; she was just as stubborn as me, but at the same time we were a perfect team and she could almost read my thoughts if she wanted to. I do want to start riding again someday, even though I doubt I'll ever find one like her again.
My first own pony is still alive though, and quite energetic for her age (she's around 29 years old by now, heh).
Last edited by Scyanatha on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Seraphix » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:07 pm

When did you start riding: Around five years ago, I believe.

What style do you ride: I learned how to ride English. Now I take jumping lessons and also do competitive endurance rides. This weekend is actually going to be my second 30 mile competitive ride.

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: I've always loved Arabs. But I also love really any breed haha.
Seraphix

Postby Midnight » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:37 am

When did you start riding: When I was really young

What style do you ride: English though i've tried Western

What breed of horse/pony is your favourite: Most breeds, though i'm not keen on Irish Draft crosses. Not because they're bad horses, they're just not my cup of tea usually. Though I have met a couple of nice ones. :)
Thank you so much for this beauty <3

For a dreamer, Night is the only time of day.
Midnight

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion