I need help

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

I need help

Postby Lilac » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:08 pm

My Dog just died today and we had to take her in for shots that would put her to sleep forever. I can not deal with it she has always been there for me any advice? My user name is named after her, Lucy. :cry:

I'm Lilac! I've been on the site for a while but just came back from a long break. I love all 90's grunge and alternative rock as well as 80's hair rock. I also love the San Antonio Spurs and the Golden State Warriors
so feel free to PM me about any of these topics! I love trades and wont let them rot! If you are a newbie (under 2 months on the site) PM me for a gift! Have a wonderful day!
Lilac

Re: I need help

Postby Hyensa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:34 pm

It's really hard losing a pet, I understand how you feel. It will take some time to get over her death but just remember that she's in a better place and will always love you and appreciate that you were there for her. Try talking to someone that you really trust about it. Like your mom, dad, sister, brother, whoever. Just smile and keep enjoying life and being happy, because she'd want you to be happy!

You can send me a PM if you need someone to talk to, I'll do my best to help you feel a little bit better.
Hyensa

Postby Lilac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:06 am

Hyensa wrote:
    It's really hard losing a pet, I understand how you feel. It will take some time to get over her death but just remember that she's in a better place and will always love you and appreciate that you were there for her. Try talking to someone that you really trust about it. Like your mom, dad, sister, brother, whoever. Just smile and keep enjoying life and being happy, because she'd want you to be happy!

You can send me a PM if you need someone to talk to, I'll do my best to help you feel a little bit better.

Thanks it is just no one really understands they all say she was nothing more then a dog. Thanks so much for the feedback.

I'm Lilac! I've been on the site for a while but just came back from a long break. I love all 90's grunge and alternative rock as well as 80's hair rock. I also love the San Antonio Spurs and the Golden State Warriors
so feel free to PM me about any of these topics! I love trades and wont let them rot! If you are a newbie (under 2 months on the site) PM me for a gift! Have a wonderful day!
Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Any other words of wisdom?

Lilac

Postby Silverhart » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:29 pm

*hugs*

It's okay. I still think about my old dog who passed away last year - she was quite literally my best friend. ^^ She taught me so many things and I'm a better person for having known her, and I'm sure you feel the same about your dog.

It will get better. I know the pain seems unbearable now, but in time you'll be able to look back and remember her with fondness. The main thing now is to focus on healing yourself. Your doggie is fine, wherever she is. It's yourself that needs to be looked after now. Treat yourself to what you enjoy. Watch a movie, read a book, make your favorite food, go for a walk, hang out with friends. Whatever you need to do. If talking about her helps, then do that. If you'd rather be by yourself for a few days, do that. If you need to be distracted by doing something else, then do that. If you need to cry, do it. Everyone grieves differently, and needs different things. Just take it one day at a time. ^^

Best of luck!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Lilac » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Silverhart wrote:*hugs*

It's okay. I still think about my old dog who passed away last year - she was quite literally my best friend. ^^ She taught me so many things and I'm a better person for having known her, and I'm sure you feel the same about your dog.

It will get better. I know the pain seems unbearable now, but in time you'll be able to look back and remember her with fondness. The main thing now is to focus on healing yourself. Your doggie is fine, wherever she is. It's yourself that needs to be looked after now. Treat yourself to what you enjoy. Watch a movie, read a book, make your favorite food, go for a walk, hang out with friends. Whatever you need to do. If talking about her helps, then do that. If you'd rather be by yourself for a few days, do that. If you need to be distracted by doing something else, then do that. If you need to cry, do it. Everyone grieves differently, and needs different things. Just take it one day at a time. ^^

Best of luck!

Thanks, I have been crying all day and my in real life friends are helping me a lot. Once again, i deeply appreciate all help.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks too all the help any more advice?

Lilac

Postby HornedDragon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

loosing pets is hard.

A long time ago, when i was much younger, My parents took me all around the continent with them, we moved almost constantly so it was very hard for me to make good close lasting friendships. Slowly i became very lonely, and very sad. One day my parents got it in their mind to get me a kitten. I think I was around 6 or so years old when we got him. He was the product of a pure bred Russian blue show cat's escapade into the night. He was the runt, and the discount kitten xD

Andrew, as I can to call him was curious, inquisitive, and half blind. So the fun never stopped with him. We grew up together he and I. He was smart as a whip, learned how to open doors y watching the humans do it, plaid fetch, and would come if I called him no matter were he was in the neighborhood. He also hugged people if you picked him up, like actually wrap his front legs around your neck and pull you in close to him. He never bit, he never scratched, unless in self defense. He was all around an overly large gentle gigantic cat.

Even for all of his amazingness, Andy had some interesting points, he was half blind from birth, though i suppose you could call it 75%, he was totally blind in one eye, and partially blind in the other. this lead to some interesting moments like the day the caught a stick, and proudly paraded into our house and deposited his gift at my moms feet. (beats a dead mouse right?) Or the year we lived in the house with an all glass back. (so many door running into episodes).

For all of his funny quirky feline glory, the one thing people could not say was that Andrew was not insanely loyal to me. I was told once "I have never seen a cat act like that one there does with you." He would roam the neighbor hood but come home if I called for him, the moment i was there he was all purrs and love, he'd follow em on walks and lay with me if i was sick. Some days he'd try to pull the feline "Oh you want me? fine no attention for you." gag, but the moment i'd ignore him or stop trying to get his attention he was all like "hey, hey hey now, i'm right here!". If I was sick I could not get him off of me, he always had to be right there with me, no matter what.

My Parents, pointedly my father and I did not get along the greatest. I ran away once, and you know what, that dang cat followed me while i walked. My constant companion and friend, the thing he was always intended to be. He was my protector and person i could talk to when things got bad.

But one day, I could not longer protect him. My father gave me an ultimatum when I turned 18, I was going to collage and could not take Andy with me no matter what. So he did the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to me. he told me simply "Fine him a home, Or I put him in the ground." Now, at this time Andy was no young spry chicken, he was around 12 years old, give or take, and no one wants to adopt a cat at that age. I was lost. My dad was always a man of his word, the moment i left that house that cat would have a death sentence. As my time was drawing short a beacon of hope shown through, an older lady who had quite a few cats and barns told me she would take him. I breathed a sigh of relief, My long time friend and companion would live and in a few years, I could return and bring him home.

I wish I could say that it happened, and that he is waiting at home for me now. But I would be lieing. You see Andy waited for me to return, every day he apparently stood at the end of the ladys driveway watching the road. He was always out there before sunrise and would leave his vigilant post around 2 PM daily. Which was the time frame I used to attend highschool. One day, he got hit, and by the time she noticed it was far too late for my old buddy. My sister told em the news a few weeks later.

It broke my heart. I can never shake the feeling I failed him. it took me years to get over the passing of Andrew, one of my super nerdy friends told me "Your bond with that cat was so strong, It was not unlike A wizard and his familiar, and you have lost yours" And It was true, I had lost My familiar, my animal second half. Even though he could not physically speak my language, I always knew what I was saying or what he meant. Loosing that cat was a worse time for me than any of my break ups, because he was mine, I depended on him through some of the hardest times in my life. and now, he was gone, and I was not there for him when he passed.

That thought killed me, But Andrew never truly left my side.
When I finally got my crap together and moved into an apartment, I saw him again. It was sort f a passing glance, but I know it was him, I was unpacking boxes and happened to turn around to see him all bundled up ion my bed patiently watching me with that kind face. It was such a short glance, but I knew it was him, I did a double take, but he was no longer there. I checked every were but there was no hidden cat in my apartment. I know it was Andy, just peeking in to say, "Hey there Ma, I'm doing great, glad to see you are getting a new place. Don't worry I'm here too."
I was able to forgive myself for not being there for him, because were ever he is, hes still ok, be it opening doors or catching sticks I know Andy Is in a better place and doing fine. And If i try hard enough, sometimes when I'm alone I can picture that he is there with me, just hanging out. And I am content.

I feel love can transcend all things, when you love something so much, and It loves you just as much, nothing not even physical forms can keep you apart. Your dog is no longer scared, hurting or in fear. she is happy and safe. If you get lonely picture her there with you, normally she will come. Even though it may seem crazy, I keep Andrews collar in my top drawer, I get it out hold it and talk when I really need it. I know he comes when I call, he always does.

Just because you can no longer hold her with your hands does not mean that you can no longer hold her with your heart.
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby kitten441 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 am

TheDevilHorned wrote:
loosing pets is hard.

A long time ago, when i was much younger, My parents took me all around the continent with them, we moved almost constantly so it was very hard for me to make good close lasting friendships. Slowly i became very lonely, and very sad. One day my parents got it in their mind to get me a kitten. I think I was around 6 or so years old when we got him. He was the product of a pure bred Russian blue show cat's escapade into the night. He was the runt, and the discount kitten xD

Andrew, as I can to call him was curious, inquisitive, and half blind. So the fun never stopped with him. We grew up together he and I. He was smart as a whip, learned how to open doors y watching the humans do it, plaid fetch, and would come if I called him no matter were he was in the neighborhood. He also hugged people if you picked him up, like actually wrap his front legs around your neck and pull you in close to him. He never bit, he never scratched, unless in self defense. He was all around an overly large gentle gigantic cat.

Even for all of his amazingness, Andy had some interesting points, he was half blind from birth, though i suppose you could call it 75%, he was totally blind in one eye, and partially blind in the other. this lead to some interesting moments like the day the caught a stick, and proudly paraded into our house and deposited his gift at my moms feet. (beats a dead mouse right?) Or the year we lived in the house with an all glass back. (so many door running into episodes).

For all of his funny quirky feline glory, the one thing people could not say was that Andrew was not insanely loyal to me. I was told once "I have never seen a cat act like that one there does with you." He would roam the neighbor hood but come home if I called for him, the moment i was there he was all purrs and love, he'd follow em on walks and lay with me if i was sick. Some days he'd try to pull the feline "Oh you want me? fine no attention for you." gag, but the moment i'd ignore him or stop trying to get his attention he was all like "hey, hey hey now, i'm right here!". If I was sick I could not get him off of me, he always had to be right there with me, no matter what.

My Parents, pointedly my father and I did not get along the greatest. I ran away once, and you know what, that dang cat followed me while i walked. My constant companion and friend, the thing he was always intended to be. He was my protector and person i could talk to when things got bad.

But one day, I could not longer protect him. My father gave me an ultimatum when I turned 18, I was going to collage and could not take Andy with me no matter what. So he did the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to me. he told me simply "Fine him a home, Or I put him in the ground." Now, at this time Andy was no young spry chicken, he was around 12 years old, give or take, and no one wants to adopt a cat at that age. I was lost. My dad was always a man of his word, the moment i left that house that cat would have a death sentence. As my time was drawing short a beacon of hope shown through, an older lady who had quite a few cats and barns told me she would take him. I breathed a sigh of relief, My long time friend and companion would live and in a few years, I could return and bring him home.

I wish I could say that it happened, and that he is waiting at home for me now. But I would be lieing. You see Andy waited for me to return, every day he apparently stood at the end of the ladys driveway watching the road. He was always out there before sunrise and would leave his vigilant post around 2 PM daily. Which was the time frame I used to attend highschool. One day, he got hit, and by the time she noticed it was far too late for my old buddy. My sister told em the news a few weeks later.

It broke my heart. I can never shake the feeling I failed him. it took me years to get over the passing of Andrew, one of my super nerdy friends told me "Your bond with that cat was so strong, It was not unlike A wizard and his familiar, and you have lost yours" And It was true, I had lost My familiar, my animal second half. Even though he could not physically speak my language, I always knew what I was saying or what he meant. Loosing that cat was a worse time for me than any of my break ups, because he was mine, I depended on him through some of the hardest times in my life. and now, he was gone, and I was not there for him when he passed.

When I finally got my crap together and moved into an apartment, I saw him again. It was sort f a passing glance, but I know it was him, I was unpacking boxes and happened to turn around to see him all bundled up ion my bed patiently watching me with that kind face. It was such a short glance, but I knew it was him, I did a double take, but he was no longer there. I checked every were but there was no hidden cat in my apartment. I know it was Andy, just peeking in to say, "Hey there Ma, I'm doing great, glad to see you are getting a new place. Don't worry I'm here too."
I was able to forgive myself for not being there for him, because were ever he is, hes still ok, be it opening doors or catching sticks I know Andy Is in a better place and doing fine. And If i try hard enough, sometimes when I'm alone I can picture that he is there with me, just hanging out. And I am content.

I feel love can transcend all things, when you love something so much, and It loves you just as much, nothing not even physical forms can keep you apart. Your dog is no longer scared, hurting or in fear. she is happy and safe. If you get lonely picture her there with you, normally she will come. Even though it may seem crazy, I keep Andrews collar in my top drawer, I get it out hold it and talk when I really need it. I know he comes when I call, he always does.

Just because you can no longer hold her with your hands does not mean that you can no longer hold her with your heart.

That is so sad. *Sniffs* I also lost a pet. And it is hard to lose a pet. I lost Muffin, my 4 year old cat. One day, the dryer was left open. And she somehow got into it, and died. For the next 2-3 days I cried. Oh. And to make matters worse, it was DECEMBER 22. JUST A FEW DAYS BEFORE CHIRSTMAS. I mean Christmas is a time of happiness, how can you be happy? Around 24 and 25, I pretended that she was a ghost. and I was no longer sad.
Sorry for both of your losts. :cry: :(
Image Image

kitten441

Postby Lilac » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:26 am

TheDevilHorned wrote:
loosing pets is hard.

Thanks for the feedback, my other 4 dogs (I just got a 5th though) all miss Lucy and i do too. I loved her and now she is gone but now I am starting to feel better. Once again thanks and one day, when i die I will be with her.
And I still am keeping her pink daisy collar on my counter.. ;)

Lilac

Next

Return to General Discussion