Husky Discussion Thread v1

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Husky Discussion Thread v1

Postby nectarine » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:07 pm

i cried the first time i pet a husky
and the other day there was a husky in the pet store i was like "mom please!" and then this girl heard me so thought hmm imam be mean and ask my mom first so i started crying and my mom went over and asked if we could play with the husky and i saw the girl taking the husky out so i cried even more and she handed the husky to me and i was like "I LOVE YOU HUSKY" the husky was so sweet! her name was bear and she loved chewing on my shoe :3
;ω;
nectarine

Postby kiokota » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm

A husky topic! I have one, her name's Cimmaron and she's 4 years old:

One of her eyes is also half brown which I think looks really nice.

She was originally my mom's dog, but my mom couldn't handle her. Huskies are pretty intelligent, headstrong dogs, so they're very good at challenging their owners and my mom decided it was too much for her. She threatened to send Cimmaron to the pound so I basically pleaded with my dad to let me take her. He told me "she could stay for a week to give my mom a break" buuuuut she lives here now. cx

Huskies were my favorite breed of dog when I was little, which I think played a bit of a role in why my dad ended up allowing me to keep her. I can understand now why my mom let her go, Cimmaron's taught me a lot of responsibility since I've had her. They're challenging dogs to own and my mom should have researched what owning a husky would be like before bringing one into her home. People often want them because they're beautiful dogs, but it's very important to understand what you're actually getting yourself into. All too often, people adopt huskies and then later get rid of them because they realize it's too much to handle. That can be stressful for the dog and just isn't really fair.

Now I try and advocate for that kinda thing and urge people wanting huskies to thoroughly research the breed and understand the challenges that they will be facing after bringing one of these fluffy woofs into their homes.
kiokota

Postby nectarine » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:18 pm

i think im to addicted.. im sorry.. hehe
;ω;
nectarine

Postby Sterek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:19 pm

kiokota wrote:A husky topic! I have one, her name's Cimmaron and she's 4 years old:

One of her eyes is also half brown which I think looks really nice.

She was originally my mom's dog, but my mom couldn't handle her. Huskies are pretty intelligent, headstrong dogs, so they're very good at challenging their owners and my mom decided it was too much for her. She threatened to send Cimmaron to the pound so I basically pleaded with my dad to let me take her. He told me "she could stay for a week to give my mom a break" buuuuut she lives here now. cx

Huskies were my favorite breed of dog when I was little, which I think played a bit of a role in why my dad ended up allowing me to keep her. I can understand now why my mom let her go, Cimmaron's taught me a lot of responsibility since I've had her. They're challenging dogs to own and my mom should have researched what owning a husky would be like before bringing one into her home. People often want them because they're beautiful dogs, but it's very important to understand what you're actually getting yourself into. All too often, people adopt huskies and then later get rid of them because they realize it's too much to handle. That can be stressful for the dog and just isn't really fair.

Now I try and advocate for that kinda thing and urge people wanting huskies to thoroughly research the breed and understand the challenges that they will be facing after bringing one of these fluffy woofs into their homes.

It's a taken a while (since I've been able to walk, actually) but my mum is finally not afraid of dogs any more. First she was only use to little dogs and even then, she still wanted then at a distance. Then I had to dogsit for a month while the dog's owners were looking for a place (she was a little toy poodle, so cute but so rowdy cx) and my mum had kinda grown attached to her.

Then my mum made a friend in our landing and she has a huge black lab. At first, my mum wouldn't even go over there (since, whenever he sees a new person, he barks and tries to jump on you and lick you >~<) but after a couple days of encouragement, she went over to watch her friend's baby and hang out and she didn't even mind him.

Now she actually understands dogs and loves them, after 15 years of having a daughter who adores all animals, and thinks we should look into getting a big dog. She wants a pretty one, like a Great Dane or a husky, and I think jumping right into the husky breed would be just right for us. She understands they'd be a lot of work, but we both think we're ready.
Sterek

Previous

Return to General Discussion