NaNoWriMo

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: NaNoWriMo

Postby FrighteningAsuna » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Sarill wrote:I'm sorry to hear that Leviathan, but that's pretty good. I'm at 5,000, so right where I need to be, considering I haven't had the time to write today yet. I'm just plodding along, trying not to hurt my wrists too much XD

I'm only at 4k
If a king doesn't move, how can his subordinates be expected to follow.

FrighteningAsuna

Postby Sarill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:18 pm

So, the goal is 15k by the end of today. How is everyone doing? Still alive and kicking? You can do it, don't give up! Where is everyone at? I'm at 12k myself, and should be able to get to 15k by tonight. -crosses fingers-

I don't know if anyone is interested, but as a little incentive, if you finish, I'll make you some rune dragon art <3 Creatues and bearors, that sort of thing. I hope that everyone is having fun!
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby Leviathan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:10 pm

I have been struggling with a lot of issues lately.
In real life I mean, and so I haven't been able to do too much writing.

I need someone to make me a cover with Henry Cavill, Emma Watson, and Harry Lloyd on it (the actors who I based the appearances of the three main characters off of.)

ALSO

Can someone give me some ideas for the second chapter of my story here's the basics in a nutshell:

(Excluding the main plot which I posted on the first page)
- Guy and Girl on train heading to American (all racial/ethnic groups are segergated) to talk to American council about equality in districts
- Crazed man gets on train and almost starts a fight with girl after robbing a woman
- Train starts to shake violently and is tossed off sky-rail track
- Badass battle between four people vs. reptile/canine demons happen
- They eventually escape and take refugee in a hovel
- They decide not to go to a hospital or police/army due to the fact that demons only come down to deal with terrorists and others who have the potenial to screw up things

SECOND CHAPTER SO FAR

- Two days later
- Girl and Crazy Guy go out of hovel to get supplies
- They enter the pharmacy and...

WHAT?

That one Pagan chick, who loves Russian Accents, Ginga, Star Trek, and Mass Effect.

ImageImageImage

Beginner's Guide
Site Rules
Site Q&A

I speak French, German, Japanese, and Swedish. Please feel comfortable to PM me in one of these languages.
Leviathan

Postby Sarill » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:26 pm

So you have Girl, Guy, Crazy Robber Guy, and one other person?
Anyway, I'm guessing the two who go to the pharmacy have various injuries/ ichor on their clothing. Person at pharmacy can get nervous/suspicious, maybe call police/more demons? Then the main charecters have to escape without drawing too much attention to themselves in whatever town/city they are in, avoid getting killed and/or put in jail, and make it back to their base without the evil people tracking them back there. Maybe the rest of the team can get mad at one of the two who went out for making reckless decidions, have a bit of a fight? I don't know your charecters or anything, so I hope this helps.
I can't photoshop worth anything, but maybe someone you know can and will put together a cover from that? I'm working with a friend on mine, and she does all of the charecter designes and outfits. It's a lot harder to make a bunch of superhero outfits than you would think. My desk is covered in refrences for charecters. Maybe we can lure some more artists in with our story ideas... -dangles cookie on fishing pole- Here arists, come over here xD

I would do some myself, but I just don't have time right now for anything but Nano and school.

Leviathen, I really hope that everything turns out okay in real life. -gives one of the artist luring cookies- Good luck with everything!
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby Silverhart » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Coooookiesss. *tries to sneak in and steal one*
Anyway, I won't be much help in the art department. I fail at human anatomy. XP And at covers. And design.

Anyway, Leviathan, you just had a big awesome battle, right? Well, you have to keep building the tension up. In a traditional plot, each event has more tension then the last. The emotion builds and builds until the climax which is the emotional peak of the story. You probably know this, but I'm pointing it out because I've made the mistake of having a bunch of crazy stuff happen right off the bat to my characters with battles and fights and high tension, and then I would have to pause to explain something, and the story felt choppy - like a race car starting and stopping. So whatever happens next, it should be conflict that will increase the tension and bring us closer to the climax. I would suggest maybe throwing in another character. The second chapter seems like a good place to introduce another character. Or if you haven't introduced the main problem yet, do that. Or like Sarill said, an argument is a great idea. Does one character know more then another character? That could be conflict. As one character tries to make sense of something and the other character doesn't want to tell them or can't.

Do you have another event planned to take place after this or are you just winging it? Because if you have the next scene planned out, I would suggest trying to get to that scene as quickly as possible. You're aiming for word count, not necessarily a good story flow at this point. You can always flesh it out later. Figure out what needs to happen to get to the next scene and then do it.

If you're just winging it then... maybe there's a really weird person in the pharmacy, or maybe one of the characters is allergic to something and they accidentally get it spilled on them or inhale it or, maybe they steal something they need and someone chases after them. Or maybe they can't find what they need. Or don't know what they need. If they're looking for a specific drug or brand in the pharmacy maybe they don't know how to pronounce it's name (this last one has actually happened to me XD). Or maybe a pharmacist is just one of those people who are difficult to deal with. and don't care about anything other then that their break is in five minutes.

And to everyone else: You can do it! Come on! Go go go! Don't give up!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby cjr09 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I'm currently at about 15k~ (I'm so behind)

Here's my horrendously redundant prologue, if anyone wants to see the kind of weird things I write~

This story begins with a "Once upon a time".
It could actually begin with many things. "Years ago, in a galaxy far, far away"; "It was a dark and stormy night"; "Hi! My name is Blah-Blah-Blah, and I blah-blah -no-one-cares-but-let's-get-all-the-details-about-my-character-over-with-now, but since I, the epic main character of this pointless story, do not want to use any of these phrases, I’ll start with once upon a time because it implies some sort of overly used happy fairytale ending.
I have no idea whether anyone would listen to my story, since obviously no one cares about what the world is really supposed to be like. You see, a long time ago, there was this sickness. It took people down by the millions (At least that’s what I’m told) but never touched the animals or plants. People who survived hunted for their food, got along just fine, there were no guns or wars or crap like that. Wolves and horses and birds of prey slowly began to prosper, and they bonded with the people who were left to die. People hunted in packs alongside the wolves and horses and birds, and their numbers increased. These people were no longer humans.
What do you call someone, you ask, who’s been kicked out by his fellow kind, who’s been stepped on and left to die?
Stray. You call them Stray. They live on the edge and alone for the most part, unless they lived in a major clan or a small nomadic tribe. Everything was all fine and dandy until the people decided to be more human-ish again. They started to build things, massive unmovable buildings and useless things like cutlery and clocks became popular. Even the ways of warfare changed, bigger, better, more dangerous weapons were built, stemming off the invention of ‘black powder’. So yeah, now we have guns. Small handheld pistols mainly, but there are very few of them. Most of us prefer to use our swords, arrows, knives… and other weapons of choice. But there were no wars, no fights, until this one idiotic human had the audacity to screw it all up. But, you’ll have to actually read this to find out what I’m talking about. If my ramblings have somehow enticed you to read this, then mission accomplished. If not, put the book back on the shelf, and walk away. I wouldn’t blame you. But if you are intrigued, pay attention to my warnings. I put them there FOR A REASON.
But of course, before you read any further into this nonsense story, I must warn you. Yes, I see you edging away from this book and reaching to put it back on the shelf on which you got it from, which was most likely covered in dust as no one will probably bother to read past this paragraph.
I, the epic main character who you will come to know, love, and get annoyed with, am reasonably batshit insane. Consider yourself warned. My co-characters are as well, and if not, even more so. Be warned, the un-epic second prologue, (Don’t ask me why there’s two, blame the author, she’s more insane than I am) the story changes perspective! That’s right! The THIRD person! (Probably just to give you a break from my ramblings…)
Oh, before I forget, if you want to declare war on the author feel free to. She’s American. She only knows what she is shown on the T.V. You have been warned again. You are dealing with the insane story of a teenage American. May someone have mercy on your soul if you are brave enough to continue with this story.
I suppose I should stop wasting time and get on with the story, so here goes nothing.
Once upon a time, in some random forest in your time California…

I want one of those cool word count things can I have one?
Last edited by cjr09 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cjr09

Postby Distortionist » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Sarill wrote:My desk is covered in refrences for charecters. Maybe we can lure some more artists in with our story ideas... -dangles cookie on fishing pole- Here arists, come over here xD

I would do some myself, but I just don't have time right now for anything but Nano and school.

Leviathen, I really hope that everything turns out okay in real life. -gives one of the artist luring cookies- Good luck with everything!

*snatches cookie* 83

Anyways, I'm not participating in this but I'd be happy to support you guys in any way I can ^w^
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Sarill » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Is anyone on here still kicking? I'm at 43k, and I'm hoping to get to that 50k by the first. Where is everyone else? You can do it! A little tip that I use sometimes is turning the text white if I am getting too caught up with typos, and just writing. Good luck!
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby cjr09 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:28 pm

I want one of those word count things can I have one please.

I still am~ I doubt I'll get there- I'm at 36k and have no free time... I'm working most of all of this week.
cjr09

Postby Sarill » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:13 am

The word count things are on the Nano website, if you go on your account under writer goods, than word count helpers, than word count widgets. They are all hanging out there.
Deo <3
Sarill

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion