Hello! What languages do you speak?

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

What languages can you speak?

English
40%
Spanish
10%
Portugese
0%
Japanese
5%
Chinese
7%
French
11%
Russian
3%
Polish
1%
German
9%
Other(please post)
13%

Total votes : 210

Hello! What languages do you speak?

Postby Starrywish » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:57 am

What languages do you speak? Are you capable of speaking other languages?
Pig latin is fine. XD

For me, I speak English, Korean, and a little bit of Japanese.
Starrywish

Re: Hello! What languages do you speak?

Postby Starrywish » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Res
Starrywish

Postby Vazchu » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:38 am

My mother tounge is Swedish, but I've of course had to study English in school as well (though, truth to be told, the only thing they taught me was some verbs, some numbers and how to say proper introductions of yourself and tell others some of the basic stuff. For example "Hello, my name is Caius and I'm currently living in Sweden with my family and our lizards". Everything else I've had to study on my own at home, and that's what I've done while visiting sites in English where I had to write in English because it was against the rules to use any other language, and also, listening to a whole lot of music in English and watching movies without Swedish subtitles has helped a lot, lastly watching anime with English subtitels has also helped a lot ... But I'm far from fluent i English when it comes to the part of writing it and speaking it, but I'm more or less fluent in it when I hear it or read it).
Other than that I also know some Spanish, but it has been years since I study it in school and I haven't used it much since I graduated from high school. So I can't say that I would understand it very well even if I read or someone started speaking Spanish with me.

And right now I really want to study Japanese, because I feel like it's the only language other than English and Swedish that I would have any use of in life. Especially since I listen to a whole lot of music in Japanese, as well as anime. So I'm thinking to maybe start taking lessons in it this upcoming autumn.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby Ëwyängssıdÿr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:28 am

I speak English fluently as my native language, and I've been learning German for several years now, so I can speak it fairly well, too. I've also recently begun to study Russian and plan to make it my third language, but so far I haven't learned much of anything except the Cyrillic alphabet. ^^"

In any case, I'm hoping to work as a professional translator/interpreter, so I figured I might as well start working on getting comfortable with at least a few different languages. Next on my list are French and Mandarin Chinese, and maybe some Irish for fun.
Ëwyängssıdÿr

Postby Polly44 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:11 pm

English is my native language, but i took French in school. I was pretty good at it during school, but since i left i haven't bothered with it at all and as such have forgotten most of what i learnt. xD Which is rather a shame really.
ImageImageImage

My Chicken Smoothie Account:
Polly44
My UK & International Howrse
Account:

Polly4 (UK) Polly4 (International)

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polly44

Postby Patch » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm

English is my first language. I took Spanish for two years in high school, and I did pretty bad. I can still say basic sentences, and I can pin-point certain words, but I don't speak it fluently. I'm currently taking Hindi in school, this being my second semester of it. Like with Spanish, I know basic sentences and pin-point words, but I'm honestly better at writing than speaking it. xD
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Sciencin' » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm

English is my second language; my family and I moved to America from the Czech Republic when I was five, so I speak fluent Czech as well as English. I've been taking French in school for around a year now, so I know some of the basics of that. I want to learn Italian, German, and Japanese, but unfortunately our school doesn't offer these. : (
yawn
Sciencin'

Postby Yummy Kitty » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:41 am

I am quite fluent in English, but I also do speak Indonesian as my main
language and do speak a little of Chinese. I am a
purebred Indonesian, born, raised, and will die in Indonesia (well, probably),
which makes Indonesian my main course of language, but since I also have my
earnings in an international school, I do speak English aswell. My grandfather himself is a
Chinese, which makes my dad very, very fluent in Chinese. And
of course, as a family, I wanted to
pinpoint down this tradition of speaking
Chinese down past generations over generations. I am quite
good at speaking basic words. Plus, because of watching much PewDiePie, I do
wish to study Swedish (no, not the bad words, the good words) but sadly there are no
Swedish courses here and my mom probably will say "Ah, buat apa - apaan sih? Ngerepotin aja!"
(For what do you wish to study Swedish? It just heavies your burden!).
Last edited by Yummy Kitty on the 50th of PewDieMonth, 19:98 pm, edited OVER 9000 times in total.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
┌

â•‘You say LEGEND, we say Imageâ•‘

╪Charizard Is Delicious To Eat╪
At least 10% of people think
Aralas is sassier than Startedraining
Put this in your signature if
you are one of the 90% that think
Startedraining is sassier.

And No, I'm Not PewDiePie

┘

✾ My dA ✾
Yummy Kitty

Postby Fea » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 pm

Although I know English, I mainly speak French or Lithuanian. I hope to learn German and Chinese this year!

Don't look for happiness.
Create it.
Fea

Postby Sky Wing » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:58 pm

I speak English as my native language and am currently taking French in school. When I was little my siblings were learning German in school and they taught us some stuff so that's stuck with me for a while. I can only really say really simple sentences in German.

Parlez-vous francais?
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

xxE N D U R E

xxxxxxxxxxxąηɗ

S U R V I V E

xxxxNo matter what you

xxxxxxxkeep finding

xxxxxsomething to fight

xxxxxxxxxxxxxfor
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Sky Wing

Next