Hello! What languages do you speak?

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

What languages can you speak?

English
40%
Spanish
10%
Portugese
0%
Japanese
5%
Chinese
7%
French
11%
Russian
3%
Polish
1%
German
9%
Other(please post)
13%

Total votes : 210

Re: Hello! What languages do you speak?

Postby Goblin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:24 am

English is my first language, and I'm currently learning Spanish. Once I'm fluent in Spanish I will hopefully start studying an Asian language, still not sure what though.
Goblin

Postby Endora » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:19 pm

English is my first, I'm also pretty fluent in Spanish, and atm i'm trying to learn Korean.

⚫ pan ⚫ frtumblr
Endora

Postby Edo Phoenix » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:31 am

My first language is Indonesian,
English is the 2nd, still learning though >_<

Finished shokyuu II for Japanese, didn't proceed because I go to university in another city, I have nobody to talk to (none of my friend uses Japanese, only one but she moved and we rarely talk now) so I'm kind of forgetting it, not as fluent as I was years ago Dx
I Know a bit Chinese and Korean but not good at them :'D
yus I edit dis post numerous times, I'm not good at English huehuehue
Edo Phoenix

Postby whoa » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:23 pm

native = english
i can speak french, spanish, chinese, and german (in order of fluency) as well
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
she/her | intp | lawful good | sagittarius
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whoa

Postby Skelisteri » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:24 am

Finnish is my native language and I'm pretty fluent in english. I'm also learning german trought internet, and swedish because it's compulsory in here.

My Glasswork Dragons melted my computer and used the parts to make a derpy Cuttlefish sculpture. :p
Skelisteri

Postby carmel » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:29 am

I speak fluent English and Korean, eager to learn French or German!
carmel

Postby Paluna » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:21 pm

my native language is german and my second language is dutch.
I am also learning french and English at school however we only get the basic stuff and i am horrible at french. XD
I am working more on my english and enjoy watching english movies as they sound more clear and right ( original script)
Feel free to send me Trades, i usually Check in weekly
Paluna

Postby Misu » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:49 am

I speak Indonesian and English. I learned Japanese a bit.
Umaruun!
Hello daire! I'm Misu, a typical girl who likes surfing the internet and watching youtube. I like anime and manga, my current favorite is Himouto! Umaru-chan. Feeling lonely? send me a PM! I am very friendly and wouldn't bite!
Misu

Postby Pixelated_Prophecies » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:03 pm

I'm a native English speaker and I'm learning Spanish. I kind of want to learn Finnish, but I don't think I would ever use it.
INTP - 5w4 - Chaotic Neutral - Tab for a Cause
"If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough." - Elon Musk
Pixelated_Prophecies

Postby Please Deactivate » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:39 pm

My native language is English, so I am, of course, fluent in it. I know a little bit of Spanish, though it's mostly from memorizing it because my step-father tends to speak Spanish quite a bit and it's honestly a little annoying. He's not even Mexican or anything, he just randomly talks to my siblings and I in Spanish (with important things, too) which made me have to learn a little bit of a language I have no interest in learning.

I'm currently trying to learn Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. I know probably around 25 or so words/particles in Japanese, around 15 in Chinese, and only one in Korean. The last one isn't really my main focus, since my older sister is learning it. At the moment, my main focus is Chinese since my family is attempting to know all three of those Asian languages just because. Currently my older brother and mother are both learning Japanese (and know a lot already), my older sister is learning Korean, and I'm learning Chinese.

I've learned a little bit of German as well, and I know one or two words from Russian.

And for those who want to learn a language easily, there's this app that came out last month that you can get a one week free trial for, and it's one 10USD per month to use other than that. There are, if I remember correctly, around 33 different languages you can learn with it, and they're very easy to understand and use. I believe it was something like Mondly, but that sounds strange so I don't know if I wrote it correct. I'll probably edit this post later when I can find it out. I think it's only for iOS though.
Please Deactivate

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion