Dreams/nightmares you've had

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Dreams/nightmares you've had

Postby TurtlezSoup » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello! I recently had a nightmare and wanted to discuss it here, but I couldn't find a thread that seemed to fit what I was wanting to talk about so I've decided to make a thread for it. ^^

(Mods; I apologize in advance if this is spam and there is another thread that already covers this, I just couldn't seem to find anything)

Rules;
Keep it appropriate
Eldemore rules apply
No bullying, be polite etc.
You can post any nightmares/dreams you've had (as long as it's appropriate)
--

Anyway, to start off. My nightmare which I had just last night:

I was taking a test in Chemistry, and I started to feel really sick and felt like I was about to throw up so I asked to go to the bathroom. When I got back the test time was nearly finished and by the time I had done three questions on the sheet everybody had finished and was writing a critical essay.

The day before, during parents evening, my Biology and Chemistry teachers had said to me that I need to revise more, so I think that might've triggered the nightmare but I don't know *shrug*
TurtlezSoup

Re: Dreams/nightmares you've had

Postby Edo Phoenix » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:12 am

I had this nightmare:

I was in a room in my school, and then suddenly the light went off and it was so dark we could barely see
and then I clutched my friend's hand
but suddenly lightning sparked for a few seconds and everyones' eyes turned black and then they cried black tears
I was trapped on the chair
That was scary...

and today's was even scarier
I dreamt that I got a really bad score at math D':
Today's the day where we get our report cards, fortunately I got a lot better score than the one I had in my nightmare *sighs in relieve*
Edo Phoenix

Postby Amkorra » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 am

I sometimes have really wired dreams...
sometimes deja vu like, which makes them even more scary

One of the most disturbing (and reappearing) ones is the following

I'm in a kind of a tower, like an old temple ruin. I'm with a group of other people, where although everything else is quite clear, I never can remember who the other people are.

I don't know why but all we know is that we must reach the top of the tower.

It's all quiet and kinda peaceful at first but as we move up the path ends and instead the whole tower gets to live - platforms moving around the edges, rocks falling down - combine Indiana Jones, temple run and a hardcore platform game and you get pretty close - then reduce all special effects and realize that you are limited to human physics. Scary stuff when your environment tries to kill you.
I get up platform by platform, the top is not far away anymore and then I miss a jump and fall down into the black and wake up.

*shiver* would make an awesome game I think

Oh, also I speak while sleeping. Yesterday I said "Coffeeeeee" loud and clear (yep with long begging e at the end..)

─────────────────────────────────
My Art
My Characters
Trade Thread
Offsite Trades
Start Trade
Hoarding: new Line Drakes
Always looking for Art

Amkorra

Postby Bassnectar » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:26 am

I keep having these nightmares about my ex :x

We'll be at our old apartment or driving around in his car, and he'll start to have one of his explosive temper tantrums which sends me into a panic attack.

It's at that moment that I realize he's my EX, I have a new bf but it's like I forget about him while I'm dreaming sometimes which makes me feel terrible and guilty. But when I realize this, I feel like a mouse caught in a trap because I shouldn't have to be dealing with this months down the road.

When I wake up I'll be panting and sweating and my heart will be running a mile a minute, I've even had bf wake me up once because I was thrashing around and yelling at my ex in my dream.

Sometimes I don't even want to go to bed at night because I don't want to keep having flash back dreams :c
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:18 pm

I always have so many very interesting dreams. I usually don't have "nightmares." The bad dreams that I have aren't strong enough to scare me after I wake up, though not all of my dreams are particularly pleasant. I'll apologize for grammar issues ahead of time as I'm writing this within minutes of my waking up before I forget the dreams.

This past night, I had a few fragments of different dreams though two stand out more clearly than the others.
In the first, it was nighttime and I was in an airplane we were flying pretty low to the ground. We then hit a strong bit of turbulence that forced us closer to the ground. There was a few minutes of the pilot trying to get us up and the air pushing us back to the ground, and in the end, we landed on a seemingly deserted highway.

We decided just to head toward our destination on the ground, and as we were going along, another plane came into view. It was a very dark green with a strange fire symbol printed on it. It was clear from it's movements that it was also being forced to the ground by the air pressure. It crashed somewhere off to right, and as I looked around, I realized that there were hundreds of planes lining the road that had crashed.

The dream ended with us getting to our destination. My father was waiting there with his Seatow boat (which was so incredibly random) and I ran up and gave him a hug.

The second dream I had was placed in a very interesting fantasy-like village. The roads were cobblestone, and the houses were wooden and brightly painted. For whatever reason, the people there were gathering up individuals to march around the village and sing. The songs gave off a depressing vibe, but I don't remember now what they were or why they felt that way. I got a vague feeling that it may have been in memory of something that was lost to the village.

The other two fragments of my dream involved me talking about the anime Sword Art Online with an unknown person and riding my horse over jumps. It was a very eventful night for my mind. XD

Afternoon/Evening Nap:
The most notable dream this afternoon was incredibly strange and random. There was this little portal, which looked like the ones in an MMO that I play. I gave a command that would sort of move me from one dimension to another. In this first dimension, I somehow ended up in a banquet hall with a king who had shackles on his hands. I think it was a prison, because seconds later we attempt a daring escape though barriers that apparently only I could break. While we're being chased, I dove back into my portal and teleported elsewhere.

This second dimension ended up being some strange mix of Eldemore and Flightrising. I saw a "lamb rune" is what I called it, but it looked remarkably like this guy: Image. Apparently I already had a reputation before I even came to this place, and called myself a "military hunter" which I don't understand at all now, but I acted as some sort of assassin killing corrupt people. I ran around a series of strange corridors and ended up climbing up a platform with... bananas at the top. The dream ended with me contemplating the food point value of the bananas. XD

When commercials say things like, "side effect includes strange or unusual dreams," I always laugh because stuff like the dream above is totally normal for me, and I don't know how much stranger it can get. XD

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 am

I had a nightmare lately that felt like I was drowning, and if you know me, that's my worst fear.

I'm really afraid of the ocean so it was a huge shock when I woke up.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Patch » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Startedraining wrote:
I had a nightmare lately that felt like I was drowning, and if you know me, that's my worst fear.

I'm with you there. o-o

When I have a nightmare, it usually either involves sharks or zombies. I have a reoccurring nightmare that's about me and my family trapped in our basement with zombies shuffling around outside, and we can't leave...

Another is me falling off a boat or dock and landing in the ocean. I can swim okay, but not fast enough to out-swim a Great White Shark. He usually ends up eating me or someone I care about. I blame Jaws for that one...
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:49 pm

Patch wrote:
Startedraining wrote:

I'm with you there. o-o

When I have a nightmare, it usually either involves sharks or zombies. I have a reoccurring nightmare that's about me and my family trapped in our basement with zombies shuffling around outside, and we can't leave...

Another is me falling off a boat or dock and landing in the ocean. I can swim okay, but not fast enough to out-swim a Great White Shark. He usually ends up eating me or someone I care about. I blame Jaws for that one...

My dreams are usually based around the "Drop off" of the ocean floor, the continental shelf.
I always see a woman walking along it, and even though we're miles and miles underwater she's walking in slow motion as if it were just a casual walk in the park. I usually notice I'm underwater and I swim upward and I'm pulled back down by the girl and she's laughing. Giggling.
Not in a creepy way, but it's got the same effect.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Noel » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:15 pm

I've had all kinds of dreams in the past. Some I can remember in great detail and others I only remember a tiny bit. Some have been good, others bad, and a few creepy. I can't recall ever having a full blown nightmare where I woke scared of it, even the real creepy ones weren't that bad. However, I have had on at least three different occasions one of those dreams where your half asleep and half awake that scared the crud out of me.

All three times have involved me laying in bed, waking up just a bit and I kinda just stare at the ceiling or another part of my room. Then I notice a huge spider dangling inches in front of my face. I freak out throw off my blankets and sit up in bed so quick. By then I'm fully awake and wondering why I'm sitting in bed. I remember the dream or what ever it was and start looking around my room for this spider. I shake out my blankets real well and search the floor and other near by areas it may have went to. Only after I calm down and really think about it is when I realize that this spider was WAY to big to be real and must have been a figment of my imagination.

The other kind of dreams I have that I really really hate more then anything are not scary at all. In fact the dream itself is amazing. These dreams I'm still with my Ex Husband or sometime we've gotten back together. Some contain pieces of memories, like places we have gone to or we are in the house that we lived in together. Others are totally new and even go as far as being in a totally new place. Most times the dreams involves some kind of intimacy. Such as holding hands, cuddling, kissing, and even going further then that. Like I said the dream is a good one.

But then I wake. And I realize I'm all alone.... And it's all my fault that I am. He's moved on, has a new home, even has a new wife.... and I'm still alone. And I fall back to those regrets I try so hard to get over. The ones, where I messed up the relationship we had for some stupid decision I made. He loved me and would have given me the world had I asked.... and I gave it all up... for nothing. I REALLY hate dreams like them, cause for a brief moment I'm happy and in love. Only to wake up to reality.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby Vazchu » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:25 pm

I had the most disgusting dream this morning when I finally fell asleep (I couldn't sleep at all, I planned the stuff I'm currently writing for school = it's impossible to sleep) ...

It's honestly even against the rules here on Eldemore to say it in detail. Because ... It was gory ... And stuff ... I'm usually not very sensitive about such things, but I am truly worried that the dream was based on something that either has happened or is happening in the world right now. The dream was just horrible, so even though I'm not active in any religion at all ... I pray that it was just a dream and not something based on our reality ... Because if it is real; someone has to find those children asap. Before it's too late (as it was in my dream). Perhaps start to look in Korea, because that's the name of the place that came to me and where the children were found in my dream.

But yush ... Other than that one ... I tend to have rather nice dreams. Mostly about anime characters, movies, zombies, demons, some dragons, and so forth. Overall dreams I enjoy dreaming.
For me nightmares are based on our reality, about my past to be specific. Sadly I had one of those nightmares earlier this week. And it was a pain. Overall, I hate them and they are the worst nightmares to have.

Also, theres a third kind of dreams that I tend to have whenever one of the ghosts who lives downstairs comes into my room. Luckily for me he hasn't been here in my room at all the past few months. And those dreams are something between the ones I refer to as "nightmares" and "dreams". The dream itself isn't all that bad - it's the fact that when I wake up it's almost as if the dream continues since he's always in my room when I wake up.

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Next

Return to General Discussion