Dreams/nightmares you've had

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Dreams/nightmares you've had

Postby Eya » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Anyone get recurring dreams/nightmares that happen a lot?

When I was a kid, I had recurring dreams of being forced to drive a car but didn't know how.
Now I know how to drive a car, so instead I usually dream I'm lost, late for something important, and/or the brakes don't work.

Another recurring dream I have is of losing my mind/going insane. This one's a little weird because I'm not afraid of going insane, so the dreams just seem vaguely odd instead of scary.
Eya

Postby DarkStarWolf53 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:30 am

I've had recurring dreams where I turn into a winged warrior woman and/or a winged wolf-like creature, and have to fight demonic monsters, kidnappers, supervillains, or something equally unpleasant. Though to be honest, I find dreams like these pretty cool- they make really good story ideas!
~DarkStarWolf53

Note to self: most looking for the Brown Saluki Dhol'kai
DarkStarWolf53

Postby Bassnectar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:51 pm

THe other night, I was napping, and dreamed I was watching a documentary on all the forests in the usa. Then, there was an entire section dedicated to electric forest, which is a music festival I attend every year. I'm so excited for this year that I'm dreaming about it months and months ahead of schedule!
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby Spookly » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:17 pm

I had a horrible nightmare that I quit Eldemore and all my pets were taken and all the threads I had created were taken over by someone else o.o
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby Narutaisho » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:37 am

I've had the same nightmare for all my life I think. I'm on an old mast ship and we are trying to get into the life boats but there are aligators in the water and they are trying to eat us. Though I never know if we make it people are all listening to me and doing what I say. It's always in light blue water with warm weather and sunny skies.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Narutaisho

Postby remnants » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:43 am

Last night I had a really weird dream. It started out with me just wandering around in the Minecraft world, in one of those snowy spruce forests. I was just casually walking along when I came to this large, frozen-over lake. Something was moving under the ice, so I started mining through it to find out what it was. All of a sudden this friggin sea monster (not even in the classic Minecraft square style, but an actual, realistic-style sea monster) sticks its head through the ice and eats me.

No more Reese's pieces before bed.
remnants

Postby leviath » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:31 pm

I once had this dream where I found out that my grandpa didn't actually die due to unknown reasons. And when i looked at his grave I realized there was a bump in it. So i decided to dig it up and found a doorway to another world. So I go to school the next day to realize that someones here to attack that school, so my entire class gets into the girls bathroom. Then all of a sudden this guy comes out of know where and starts teleporting us to my grandpa's grave and he pushes all of my class in. then were teleported to this world and its basically like a giant lake in a pit with forest and vines all around it. and we can breath under water and see the fishes and make friends with them it was pretty cool, but theres so much left i cant right it down.
leviath

Postby revenant » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Wanted to play Overwatch. Can't play Overwatch thanks to old computer. Dreamed about playing Overwatch instead.
Brain, why do you tease me like this
revenant

Postby ToyaKazaki » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:33 am

I rarely have nightmares, but when I do it's normally connected to something that's going on in my life that's effecting me negatively, no matter how small an effect it's having.

I have two nightmares that I can remember clearly despite having them when I was between the age of 13-15, and they're ones I've had several times, during several consecutive days.

The first one was about how somehow my sister who was living with us at the time had turned into a zombie, she'd already killed my dad and my brother so it was just me and my mom, we'd managed to get to my bedroom and lock the door.

I remember thinking in the dream-world that we'd be okay now, she'd go away once she got bored -or hungry, whichever- and then we'd make our escape. And as soon as I'd finish that thought, she'd jump out of my wardrobe (which I could never understand as she was locked outside the room) at us, biting my mom.

That's when I'd wake up sweating.

At the time of these nightmares my sister -the none zombiefied version- had been living with us, and everyday there had been some sort of argument with her at the center of it, causing a lot of tension in the household -I guess my subconcious had somehow twisted the effects it was having on me so I wasn't ever really away from the stress of it.

The second nightmare was when I was really depressed and hadn't been out in 2-3 months, and had hardly left my bedroom.

I'd wake up in the dream-world -which is so weird by the way- but I'd be stuck in the same position; on my back with me facing my wardrobe, at first I wouldn't think anything of it, I'd just groggily glare at the wardrobe, but then I'd start to feel this ominous feeling, like something was there, in front of the wardrobe, something watching me.

I'd start to panic, trying to pull myself out of bed but to no avail -and that's when this thing would strike.

I can't really remember much about what it was, just that it wasn't a solid figure -maybe an apparition/ghost. But I do remember it launching itself at me so we were face to face, it's face a mere inch or two away from mine, and silently screaming at me, and that it resembled that of an old women, her wrinkles being prominent.

That's normally when I'd jump out of my sleep half way through a panic attack.

I guess my subconcious was sick and tired of me staying in my bedroom that it decided to scare me to go out -which it worked after several days of the same nightmare plaguing me.

It's rather interesting how you're subconcious can be utterly cruel at one point, then, though slightly twisted in the way it done it, rather kind.
Or it could just be my messed up subconcious.
*Shrugs*

Click the button above.
ToyaKazaki

Postby Uspar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:29 pm

I often dream of my father, sometimes I can really push through and remind my ream that I know he's gone, others I can't. Been having them for almost 5 months now, it's not every night, about once a week or so.

Wish I'd dream about Markiplier some more X'D
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion