Quitting

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Quitting

Postby Severance » Sat May 02, 2015 2:23 pm

And letting the account sit without giving away a dang thing. People are right rude with some of the messages they send you. My favorite is when I nicely explain I don't understand something mentioned in a thread in a message and get back a flat, "Read the rules." ... If you want someone to read your rules for a post, you need to articulate them well and not cram your post full of pictures and giant signatures that make people scroll endlessly to find them. Sentence fragments and nonsensical bullets that don't get your point across are not "rules." And then people have the audacity to gripe because you didn't read, lol.

I read every rule post and try to understand it to the best of my abilities, but if I can't I don't feel that's any fault of my own. I'm a professional author, I can read even broken English.

I also love the adoption centers that have no rules listed about leaving a message for adopting a pet. Yeah I realize it's common courtesy, and usually I do it. But don't be a jerk about it when I don't leave a message because HEY, that wasn't in your rules. It's fine if at this point you just decline trades, but don't leave me a snarky, rude message trying to act high and mighty on a pet site. Maybe read your own rules and revise them, hmm?

There's a tactful way to say everything. It's a lost art.
Severance

Re: Quitting

Postby LunaHydreigon » Sat May 02, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm sorry you are feeling this way and being treated as so. Have you tried reporting them?
Benathorn wrote:Be respectful to others. We will not tolerate any bullying or abusive behavior of any kind. Do NOT start discussions focusing or even hinting at another member. It is not ok to call someone out. If you have an issue with someone take it to PM. Report rude comments or bullying.

Don't let just a few people get you down. There is a lot of other many wonderful people around Eldemore who are kind and gentle. Not all of them act the same. :)

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Re: Quitting

Postby Aralas » Mon May 04, 2015 7:49 am

There's always going to be snotty people wherever you go. Like Luna mentioned, reporting a rude message is the best way to take care of it. If you do decide to stay, I can do my best to try and help you understand some threads that may be confusing. Sorry you've had a bad experience here!
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Return to General Discussion