Happy Thanksgiving~

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Happy Thanksgiving~

Postby Geinkotsu » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:08 pm

I wanted to take a moment to extend to you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Today isn't only a day about food, but about family, and friends, and what we have- not what we want. There are many obstacles in life, goals, dreams, barriers, hardships. And today is a day to look past all that and see what it is we have around us that we appreciate.

And so, I invite all of you, no matter if today is Thanksgiving or not for you, to come and tell me what you are grateful for in your life. Be it big, or small, or even what you may think is silly. And for those of you who had or yet to have your Thanksgiving, be sure to tell me what you did or plan to do!

{Feel free to skip this part about me~}

For me, I am grateful for the companionship of my loving family. Our extensions to our relatives are minimal, but we have made ourselves a unit here in this home with many amazing animals who have been with us through difficult times.

I am grateful that I have a talent that I enjoy so much and that fills every single day with new perspectives and can ease my mind from worries. A talent that has been with me through the hardest of times and has helped me through so much where nothing else could.

And I am most thankful for my friends, who have made me smile when I thought nothing could. Who have done nothing but encourage me in the times I did not believe in myself and have taught me that I can do anything I set my mind to if I have the faith and try hard enough.

I don't plan to do anything today. I may have a small meal with my family on Saturday, but I look forward to being able to sit together with them for a while.
Hello! My name is Geinkotsu, but you can just call me Gein!
I am an enthustiatic artist and I absolutely love all creative things.
I also care a lot for people- If you ever have any troubles or need to talk,
please feel free to PM me.

ImageMʏ Tʀᴀᴅᴇ Tʜʀᴇᴀᴅ
ImageMʏ DᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛAʀᴛ
ImageMY STREAM IS: ❅offline❅
All pixelizations, edits, and art were done by and are copyrighted to Geinkotsu.
Geinkotsu

Re: Happy Thanksgiving~

Postby Silverfang » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:27 pm

Wow...amazing topic!

I'm grateful for the gift of life and the surprises that come with it. (Not much else to say...)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D
Last edited by Silverfang on Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me, for my dreams.

You, for your dreams.
Silverfang

Postby Sphye » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm thankful for my family, friends, and fuzzy companions. My cats are such a great source of comfort and fun.
I'm also thankful for my drawing tablet. I received it as a gift for Christmas last year, and it has helped me so much with improving my drawing skills.
And the last that I'll mention, I'm thankful for my online friends. It's so wonderful to know that someone you've never met in real life thinks that you're nice, or fun, or cool, and that you can think the same for them.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm grateful for this topic! ^^

Seriously though, Thanksgiving used to be such a big deal in my family, and as things changed it's gotten smaller and simpler over the years. I'm very grateful that my cousins visited this year. I don't see them often, but since they moved closer, I'm hoping I will.

I'm also so thankful for my grandparents! I love them so much. I'm really thankful for my grandma and her health. She had a few strokes this year, and we were worried about her, but now she's back to her old self and being well looked after. ^^ She's amazing, my grandma.

And also, have to be thankful for my amazing and supportive parents.

I'm also thankful that the dogs didn't eat any of our dinner. It was weird not having my old lab around (she passed away this year), but I am extremely grateful for all the gifts she's given me, even if she's not here anymore. Somewhere in doggy heaven I hope she is enjoying a turkey feast. :3

I'm also, like Sphye said, grateful for all of you guys. ^^ I think Eldemore has one of the best communities, and some of the greatest admins. It's nice to come online and play a few forum games, read a few posts, and write your own, collect beautiful pets, write stories for them, and then gush over them with everyone. (And for the record Sphye I think you're nice, fun and cool. X3) It's such since way to spend some downtime.

Oh, and the food! We should all be very grateful for the roofs over our heads, and the food in our tummies, and hopefully, the leftovers in our fridge. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby SkieNight » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:09 am

A wonderful idea for a topic I must say, this post is a bit late but after such a busy day I guess its a good idea to know what one is thankful for. And after today I really learned just how privileged and lucky I am. First of all, there is my family. I am so luck for them, they can be taken away from me at any second and I love them so much, and I really need to say that more often then just taking advantage of it. They mean the world to me and the fact that they support me no matter what I do is a wonderful thing. I know they'll always be there to catch me, and I am so grateful for that, I need all the help I can get.

I'm also so lucky for life. They fact that I am a breathing, living human with a heart that is pumping blood through my body is amazing. We only have about 80 years on this earth, that so short to do so many wonderful things. And the fact that I am on this earth at an amazing time is amazing. I feel like I am just taking advantage of life right now, and there are times when I have to remember that I have to take a break and smell the roses. I'm only here for a little bit and I am so happy and privileged to be in the place I am now.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Return to General Discussion