Recipe swaps ^^♡

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Recipe swaps ^^♡

Postby kisauke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:03 am

Hey everyone
I LOVE cooking/baking (:
Thought maybe it'd be kinda cool to exchange recipes we have whether it be any type of baking or cooking ^.^
I have 1000's of recipes for basically everything my dad was an executive chef and has passed his knowledge down to me (Tha k goodness hah!)
kisauke

Re: Recipe swaps ^^♡

Postby kisauke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:04 am

One of the simple yet spicy recipes I have is Albuquerque style green chili!
What you need:
About a lb of pork,chicken, beef, or mixed meats
Fresh or store bought green chili pepper (can find in Kroger or smiths)
Cilantro (optional)
Potatoes (optional)
Garlic
Chili powder
Flour
Water

what you do is:
First grab a deep/big skillet or cast iron skillet
heat to medium-high heat
Add meat, green chili, about a tsp or 2 of garlic (your preference) enough water to just cover the meat (don't drown the meat) add about 4tsp of chili powder or hot peppers 
add about 2 medium sized sliced potatoe (optional, helps tame the spicyness) 2 pinches of cilantro.
bring to a boil then simmer for about 20 min or until meat is tender and cooked thoroughly. 
To thicken it add 2 ounces of water and 2 ounces of flour ( I use my kids old bottles to measure) and slowly add a little at a time until your preference of thickness.
let simmer another 5 minutes
Serve and enjoy!
(Store bought tells how spicy the chills are. They'll either be canned or in a plastic tub in the refrigerated bin)

I'd love to see everybody post any type of recipes whether it's dinners desserts snacks ect (: I have plenty recipes for about everything if any questions or any certain recipe feel free to pm me I have 1,000s of recipes for everythin
kisauke

Postby Aralas » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:42 am

Oh, I love this idea! :) I'm going to go ahead and move your thread over to "General Discussion" since it seems more appropriate over in that section. :) I'll go scrounge around for some of my favorite Japanese food recipes and share them here.
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Mira » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:10 am

Scare-alas wrote:
I'll go scrounge around for some of my favorite Japanese food recipes and share them here.

Yes please! I could really need some tips with Japanese food! The most asia food thing I can cook is rice. xD

Mira

Postby kisauke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:47 pm

Sounds awesome I don't think I've had any Japanese food ^^
kisauke

Postby KisaWolfz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Mira wrote:
Scare-alas wrote:
I'll go scrounge around for some of my favorite Japanese food recipes and share them here.

Yes please! I could really need some tips with Japanese food! The most asia food thing I can cook is rice. xD

I struggle with rice Dx Isnt that sad lol.
But I have something thats quick and easy.

Its like knock off of asain "Beef and broccoli"

Prep Time:
5Min

Cook Time:
20-30min

What you need:
Beef Ramen Noodles
Broccoli
Stew Meat (small chunks)
Butter (optional)
Seasoned salt (optional)
Skillet
2 large pots

Steps:
-Get your stew meat and and a skillet -- If you have large chunks of meat, just cut them smaller.
-Heat skillet on medium-high.
-With your meat - put some seasoned salt on it just to add flavor (optional)
-Throw in butter and wait, once heated and buttered put in the meat. Cook until its done : P lol
- Drain the skillet and meat of the grease, (too greasy will ruin your noodles) - and put meat back in skillet.
-Keep your skillet on low to keep warm.
-Get your broccoli, and break it up into smaller bits - big enough to fit in a large pot of boiling water. Cook broccoli in the pot until tender.
-With the last large pot get your ramen noodles, breaking them in half and putting them also in the boiling water. DO NOT ADD THE SEASONED PACKETS -- SAVE THOSE FOR LAST

Tip:; I always cook my ramen noodles to where they are just about done - not fully - because the next step, they still cook... and if you fully cook them, then they become soggy.

Once the broccoli is done, drain broccoli and put it in the skillet together mixed up with the meat.
Once your ramen noodles are done, drain them, and put them back into the pot (waterless).
Then with your ramen noodle season packets, put the seasoning over the dry noodles and stir. Make sure you even the packets out, so you don't leave any noodles without season.

Once you do that, put the noodles in the skillet, stir all together, and your done
KisaWolfz

Postby kisauke » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:48 am

I LOVE IT!might make this tonight (:
kisauke

Postby Sany » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Oh, I'll post up some of my favorite dessert recipes here, I mostly use blog recipes.

Oh, there's also an amazing sushi salad recipe, I'll try to translate it (it's in dutch). It's great if you're too lazy to roll sushi haha.
Ara post those darn recipes japanese food is my favorite food!

F O L L O W lalaY O U R lala D R E A M S

My Hoards
♥ Jackalopes
♥ Stage 1 Otterlings
♥ Cuttlefish
♥ Stage 1 Foo Dogs
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
lalalalalala
Haiia, I'm your average Eldemore addict!
I love all sorts of art, such as music,
crochet, photography and painting!
In real life, I'm a busy PhD student
and teaching assistent in medical sciences.
Oh, did I mention I'm a total Eld addict? ♥

lalalalalalalalalaT H E Y lala K N O W lala T H E lala W A Y
Sany

Postby Giant Talking Banana » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:40 pm

Definitely marking! I love finding new things to cook! c:

╔════════════╗

Hello! I'm Giant Talking Banana.
I'm not active anymore, but I like
to keep some stuff on my account
around just for memories' sake.
xxxxxxxx<- Sadgati
--------signature made by me--------

╚════════════╝
Giant Talking Banana

Postby Aralas » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Okay here's one of the recipes I had time to translate. It's one of my personal favorites and I make it quite often.

Shyougayaki (For two people)

Ingredients:
  1. 200 Grams Thin Slice Pork (The thinner you can find, the better.)
    It should look something like this.
  2. One table spoon ginger. Generally, I add about a third of a large ginger piece. As long as all of the meat is covered with it on both sides, it works great.
  3. 1/2 Tablespoon Sake
  4. 1-2 Tablespoons Flour
  5. 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
  6. 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
  7. 1/2 Teaspoon Mirin (Mirin is like sweetened sake. You could just use sake and add some sugar to it.)
  8. Oil (Generally, I use olive oil)

Step 1:
Lay all of your strips of meat on a flat square pan. (9x13 is an example of what you can use.) Sprinkle pork with salt & pepper. Next, grate your ginger and squeeze the juice over each side of all of the meat. After this is done, pour the sake over all of the meat and let it soak some of it up.

Step 2:
Mix sauce ingredients. Do this by mixing the soysauce, sugar, and mirin in a separate bowl.

Step 3:
Next, oil your fry pan.

Step 4:
Flour your slices of meat on both sides and start browning them at medium heat. I like to make sure each slice as plenty of room on the pan to make them as crispy as possible.

Step 5: Once all slices of meat are cooked, put them all back in the fry pan and pour the sauce over them. Turn the heat back up on low to let all of the flavors blend and then serve.

Works best in a bowl covering a bed of rice as well as a side of crispy shredded cabbage with sweet lemon dressing. :) Hope I explained this all well enough! If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me. Enjoy!

In case you can't find all of the ingredients, I'll post another easier recipe in a little while when I have the time. :)
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Next

Return to General Discussion