Cavities

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Re: Cavities

Postby Eya » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:11 pm

@Iridescesara 11 fillings? :o
If that ever happens again, maybe you should get a second opinion before having them filled.

My brother had something similar happen - he went to a dentist and was told that he had like 10 cavities needing filled. That seemed a little much, so he went to another dentist for a second opinion, and that one told him he needed 4 or 5 cavities filled.
So he went to a third dentist - he's pretty cautious about these things - and was told he only needed 2.

Basically dentists seem to have a really low degree of reliability in regards to diagnosing cavities.
I'm scared to trust them now.
Eya

Postby Iridescesara » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:11 pm

Eya wrote:@Iridescesara 11 fillings? :o
If that ever happens again, maybe you should get a second opinion before having them filled.

My brother had something similar happen - he went to a dentist and was told that he had like 10 cavities needing filled. That seemed a little much, so he went to another dentist for a second opinion, and that one told him he needed 4 or 5 cavities filled.
So he went to a third dentist - he's pretty cautious about these things - and was told he only needed 2.

Basically dentists seem to have a really low degree of reliability in regards to diagnosing cavities.

It's been four to five years since I've been to a dentist, so I believe them when they say I needed 11.
And I had noticed that a good deal of my teeth (including the ones that got filled) were very very deep in the middle, so much so that I always had to use my fingernail or a toothpick to pick out food. My tongue wouldn't cut it lol
Plus this particular dentist had nothing but four and five star reviews on Yelp, so that's always a good sign.
Overall I didn't mind having it done.

Postby Eya » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:51 am

Iridescesara wrote:
Eya wrote:@Iridescesara 11 fillings? :o

It's been four to five years since I've been to a dentist, so I believe them when they say I needed 11.
And I had noticed that a good deal of my teeth (including the ones that got filled) were very very deep in the middle, so much so that I always had to use my fingernail or a toothpick to pick out food. My tongue wouldn't cut it lol
Plus this particular dentist had nothing but four and five star reviews on Yelp, so that's always a good sign.
Overall I didn't mind having it done.

Well, that makes sense. Glad it worked out.
Eya

Previous

Return to General Discussion