Cavities

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Cavities

Postby Spookly » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:34 pm

Hello all you sweet eaters and late night snackers
I recently had a visit to the dentist and they found a very small cavity in between my teeth
This is my first time getting a cavity so I'm pretty scared
Would anyone like to share experiences ?
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Re: Cavities

Postby Vyntage. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:01 am

As someone who's had easily over twenty cavities, I can tell you it is scary at first but there's really nothing to it. And I've gotten so many cavities from poor dental hygiene as a child because no one taught me to brush my teeth properly. Once I learned, there was already irreparable damage done. I have thin enamel and all that fun stuff that makes it super easy for me to get cavities.

If you have a small cavity between your teeth, it won't be hard to fix at all. When I go in for a cavity fill, they are usually courteous and allow me to breathe and take my own time. When I was a kid they gave me nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and a bit of Novocaine before sticking the needle in. Once I was an adult, they forewent the nitrous oxide and just applied a little Novacaine before injecting the gum. I always thought it felt like the needle was going into my cheek, but it isn't. They often stick in once to inject, pull out some and move it slightly to the side before pressing in and injecting a little more. It's over pretty quickly and once that's done, they leave you alone for a little while until you're good and numb.

I used to stall them by saying I wasn't numb enough. XD I've also had times where the numbing wore off. They asked if I was in pain, I nodded and they gave me another shot. If they're good dentists they'll take care of you just fine.
Vyntage.

Postby Spear » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:36 am

Vodevil wrote:
    I used to stall them by saying I wasn't numb enough. XD I've also had times where the numbing wore off. They asked if I was in pain, I nodded and they gave me another shot. If they're good dentists they'll take care of you just fine.

This was me. xD
But then after a few visits they realized I was just fooling around and didn't bother asking again.

Also: I've only ever taken the shot once? My cavities were always pretty small and my mom never wanted medicine injected into us if she couldn't help it, so I've always done it like that.

But yeah, filling a cavity isn't bad at all. ^^
It's not that long of a process and your mouth might feel kind of numb after, but that's it.

hello ♥
Spear

Postby Spookly » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:10 pm

I got it done !
The shot felt like well... A shot but it wasn't that bad
The rest I laughed through but my mouth got super tired of being held open
It was cool I guess lol my mouth is still numb right now x)
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby Mouse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:07 pm

Spookly wrote:I got it done !
The shot felt like well... A shot but it wasn't that bad
The rest I laughed through but my mouth got super tired of being held open
It was cool I guess lol my mouth is still numb right now x)

I'm glad it went well!
I've only had one cavity my whole life, and it turned out to be an awful experience. My dentist drilled too far, so the filling pressed on the nerves in my tooth and triggered an infection. I wound up needing a root canal. D: Before I got the procedure, I had to be on antibiotics to kill the infection, and that period of time was the worst pain I've ever had, which makes sense now, but at the time it was like, "This is just a little tooth, how can it hurt so much? I've had injuries way worse than this." But yep, it was the type of pain where I couldn't do anything but lie there and wait for it to pass because even the drugs they gave me didn't touch it... On the positive side though, the actual root canal procedure went great. I had a wonderful doctor and I haven't had any problems since.
Long story short, yay that you have no complications! :DD
Mouse

Postby Clara » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:30 pm

You people had your cavities filled? :o I had a small one on one of my back teeth a year or so ago and was told to clean it thoroughly with a toothpick after every meal and refrain from eating anything with high sugar content for 3 months. Believe it or not the enamel actually grew back and now the cavity's gone c: Idk if it's because it was so small though? :s
ImageImageImage
Hi! I'm Clara
Feel free to message me any time or send me a trade c:
Thank you to toffee~ for drawing my cat Tadpole <3
and LarryTheDrunkLamp for the cute dog in the art above (:
I'm Christian and believe in God, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit.
95% of teens won't stand up for God.
Put this in your sig if you are one of the 5% of teens who will.

Ostlea Lair
DC Scroll
Clara

Postby Startedraining » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Ive never had a cavity ^^ I had my molars coated so that it would be less likely to have them about a year ago.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Spookly » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:04 pm

^^^ my coating had just worn off
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby Iridescesara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Cavities have never frightened me. I've had a few over the years, and they've been no big deal for me.
And then I didn't go to the dentist for several years in a row (do *NOT* do this), until I got a huge pain in my bottom tooth, so bad I couldn't even think straight. When I finally made an appointment with a dentist and got it checked out, I found out that I needed a root canal. Now THAT terrified me; I'd heard nothing but horror stories of pain, not being numbed enough and feeling the procedure, huge abscesses after the root canal has been done, etc.

Luckily enough though, when I got it done, I was numbed perfectly, felt absolutely nothing, and it only took about 10 minutes total. And no pain afterwards either!
Then when I went for my check up, they examined my teeth and determined that I needed 11 fillings. Got those all done just the other day.
Now, I have a "deep cleaning" coming up in February, which apparently means they numb you up and clean everywhere, even beneath the gumline. So that'll be fun. x.x

Long story short, do not EVER skip out on the dentist. When you finally have a real problem and go in, you'll find there's a TON more work to be done.

Postby Bassnectar » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 pm

I used to have so many cavities when I was younger! But I can't even remember the last time I've had one now, its been years and years.

They really aren't that bad. I would recommend bringing an ipod, usually your dentist will let you listen to music. It helps calm any anxiety you might have and covers up the terrible noise the drills make
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Next

Return to General Discussion