Happy Holidays! Holiday Discussion

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Happy Holidays! Holiday Discussion

Postby Silverhart » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:17 am

I just realized we didn't have any general holiday discussion going on. So here's one. ^^

What holidays do you celebrate? What's your favorite tradition or part of the holidays? Are you looking forward to anything, like a present, or a certain dish? Do you need any gift ideas, or feel like sharing some cookie recipes? Ooh, cookie recipes... I'll take those please!

Me, I'm a crazy Christmas person. I have been baking cookies, and watching Christmas specials, and dancing around the house to Christmas music when nobody's looking. I've been trimming trees, and fa-la-laing, making hot cocoa and going to Christmas parties. I just love all the build up! All the giving and the love and warmth, and family, and the pure joy. In fact I'm always sad when Christmas is over.
Christmas is also a time I think, to look back on the year and reflect, to celebrate all the good stuff, and remember all the bad stuff, and laugh at all the crazy stuff that happened.

And presents. True meanings of Christmas and good will toward men aside, presents are still pretty awesome.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Re: Happy Holidays! Holiday Discussion

Postby Sphye » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 am

Silverhart wrote:And presents. True meanings of Christmas and good will toward men aside, presents are still pretty awesome.

That quote should be quoted always. What a perfect way to state it XD

Christmas feels like it's snuck up on me this year. Where did the rest of december go? Where did the rest of the year go? It feels like just yesterday that it was august. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to Christmas! It's always such a fun day! I just wish I hadn't procrastinated so much on my christmas shopping.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 am

Sphye wrote:
Silverhart wrote:And presents. True meanings of Christmas and good will toward men aside, presents are still pretty awesome.

That quote should be quoted always. What a perfect way to state it XD

Christmas feels like it's snuck up on me this year. Where did the rest of december go? Where did the rest of the year go? It feels like just yesterday that it was august. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to Christmas! It's always such a fun day! I just wish I hadn't procrastinated so much on my christmas shopping.

XD Yes, it is. People forget getting gifts is like the best thing ever when you're a kid. And it gets to be just as much fun giving thoughtful gifts when you get older. ^^ I still get excited Christmas morning when I see someone has gotten me a present! It's just icing on the cake of all the peace on earth. :D

I definitly know how you feel though. XP Christmas used to take forever when you were a little kid, and now it comes and goes so fast! I am a notorious late-minute shopper. I don't mean to be. It's just no matter how early I start on getting gifts I always end up running out on Dec. 22 or Dec. 23 to get those last few things - I guess it just adds a sort of thrill. I have a few wacky stories about getting gifts last minute. XD This year I think I've gotten everyone on my list, except my mom. She's always the hardest to get for, and she's one of those people who always changes her mind over what she wants, or forgets what she wants because she never writes it down. So maybe that's why I'm always scrambling to get something for her. :lol:
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 am

Squeeeee! One more day until Christmas! ^^ *runs around* Oh, and if you're wondering, yes, I count Christmas Eve, as a 'Christmas', because it is for me. In fact, I like Christmas Eve better then Christmas Day. That's when my family comes over, and we have a nice dinner, (This year, on top of making a ton of cookies, I'm making Brie en Croute, and some cheese dip for our little get together), and we all open one gift, and then my mom and I go to church and sing 'Silent Night' and then we drive home looking at Christmas lights. ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Edo Phoenix » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:27 am

Holidays... *thinks*
I am just looking for the holidays and then there's nothing but staying at home doing something I like, like drawing/reading/watching/etc, spending my time talking with my parents, or going to church... or even visiting my cousins~ or visiting my friends which I rarely do, and waiting for games' events, etc etc ^^"
Not really a fun thing, but at least I don't have to worry about homeworks and exams :D

Uh my life is just so simple x_x
Edo Phoenix

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:12 pm

I can't believe it's already almost Christmas! I'm glad for the holiday, but also unhappy because that means my break from school is half-way over, and I really don't want it to be over yet.

Anyway. Today is actually the first year that I've had the motivation to do some shopping on my own for my close friend and parents. I'm so lazy when it comes to getting out of the house. XD I'm also doing a white elephant round as well, so hopefully that will go over well. My mom knows what dad will have, and dad knows what mom will have, but them coming together with be the awesome part. I might be the only one laughing, but that's okay.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby soulace-shard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't really feel like celebrating anything this year... Not to be a downer, but it's so hard for me to get excited about... well... anything these days >_<

That aside, I'm looking forward to a church retreat that's coming up the day after Christmas. And I have presents on Magistream to open XD
soulace-shard

Postby Silverhart » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Anyone want to tell us what they got for Christmas? ^^ (Or what they gave for Christmas?)

I got a hula hoop! I'm so happy! :D I got a lot of nice thoughtful small things, like socks and pencils, a few art books, some games, and a new thermos - oh and oranges! ^^ Just nice little stuff, but it always means a lot. It's stuff I'll really use and enjoy, and not a lot of junk (you know, sometimes you do get stuff that seems so cool and then you never use it).
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:19 pm

I got a Doctor Who shirt, a new pair of shoes, jewelry, and a sewing machine^^ As soon as I can acquire fabric and learn to use the thing, I shall be making many plushies.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby turtle » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:56 pm

I got an xbox and skyrim so uhm... I'm just going to disappear off the face of the earth for a few days *runs off*

This Christmas I spend most of the last two days helping my mother cook but now we have enough food to live off for like year xD But now that that's finally over we're spending Christmas day relaxing and catching up on sleep, kind of boring but that's alright.
turtle

Return to General Discussion