Collections

A place to chat and discuss anything outside of Eldemore.

Collections

Postby remnants » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Do you have anything that really fascinates you to the point that you feel a need to collect it?
Here you can discuss the things that you hoard with other people.

As some of you may know, I personally have a collection of natural things. It consists of:
- One feather from a vulture's wing
- One unidentified brown feather that I found in a park (most likely from a duck)
- One cat skull (Jet) along with the bones from 3 of the legs
- A rabbit's tail
- Bones (vertebrae, teeth including one enormous fang, skull shard) from an unidentified, roadkilled animal (probably a coyote)
- 2 pieces of a turtle's shell
- One large conch shell
- One fossilized(?) starfish
- A hoard of about 100 mini shells that I collected from the river near my house (Ohio River)
- A bunch of rocks (including granite pieces, a rock from the river that's mostly quartz, and some oddly coloured rocks that caught my eye)

Plus I have a huge collection of characters. 65 at the moment.
remnants

Re: Collections

Postby DarkHorizon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:39 am

What I collect:

- Coins. I have pages of all different US coins, plus the whole set of state quarters and national park quarters (aside from only a couple from 2015). I have 100+ international coins, from over 50 countries. Amongst them are two ancient Roman coins. One of them has a deer on it, which is pretty cool. ^^

- Stamps, from various countries.

- Solar toys. I have around 60 of them. Collecting them is a lot like collecting virtual pets, in my opinion. XD

- Breyer and Schleich horses. I've kind of stopped with these. I have 7 or 8 Breyers, and 15 Schleich. Also one Trail of Painted Ponies model horse, which is a black and white skeletal horse that glows in the dark.

- I suppose you could I say collect natural things too, although only those that don't require the animal to be dead to obtain. Like feathers, flowers, leaves, etc. I would love to find an antler shed one day! Or some more crow or hawk feathers. Big feathers. A vulture feather sounds really awesome!
Here are the feathers I have:
(click for full size image)
The large black one I'm assuming is from a crow, the next biggest ones being from pigeons, the two next to them; American robins (assuming), the white one from a chicken, the small black one a grackle, black and white spotted one: guinea fowl, assuming the bottom left one is a mourning dove. The two brown spotted ones I'm unsure of, and the other two small ones below the pigeons I don't know either. Probably sparrows or chickadees. I also just found a small all black feather today, which is most likely from a red-winged black bird~
(Yes, yes, I know a lot of these are technically not legal to own... shhh.)

I grow a lot of plants, so I also have a tendency of keeping the dead flowers. Recently I've gotten into pressing flowers, so I would love to start a collection of pressed flowers! Only I feel bad picking healthy flowers, so I miss out a lot of times. I wait until they just start to wither and then pick them, and then they don't always turn out too well. My loss. Any interesting leaves, rocks, shells, etc I happen across I keep as well. Hell, if I found an interesting looking stick I would probably keep it. XD

ImageImage
DarkHorizon

Postby Startedraining » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:38 am

I have a sink full of rocks.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby valiant-quest » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:36 am

I'm not sure if I would call this a collection, but a lot of times when I get shoes or something, I keep the box. "I'll use it for something later!" I have a lot of boxes in my closet. ._. I have a lot of bags too, because my grandmother gave them to me all the time.
I also have some shells I found on various beaches.
@Mason.
I have a lot of characters too! I don't think it's quite that many, but I have a lot, and keep forgetting that they exist.
My poor neglected brainchildren. ;-;
valiant-quest

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:49 am

Books, books, and more books! XP

I love books! Love the look of them, love the smell of both new and old books, love the feel and weight of them in my hands, and running my hand along their spines, and I especially love all the amazing stories they tell me! I love everything about them! I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by books - whether they're old favorites, or new unread books!

I have hundreds of books of every genre literally spilling out of the bookshelves in my home. XP Everything from 'The Illiad' to books on tall ships, books of poetry, art books, books on animals, science books, to modern children's books - and every genre in between. You want cookbooks, I got cookbooks. You want fantasy, I got fantasy. You want mythology, I got mythology. Sci-fi, biographical, graphic novel, history? I got it all, from nonfiction to fiction. XP And I love them all.

Even books I might not have enjoyed, if I bought it, I typically keep because I just like how they look (and also it's a nice reminder that I can write so much better XD). But yes - I love having shelf fulls and stacks of books scattered everywhere! Most all of them are modern publications - I don't typically collect rare or old books (much as I love them!), because I live in a somewhat chaotic household where I'd be worried about them being destroyed. But basically, I'm Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast', and if anyone gave me a library like the Beast gave her, I would probably marry them on the spot - and then lock myself in the library and never emerge except for snacks. XP

And then, I also like to collect animated films on DVD and blu-ray. Again, nothing too rare or obscure, but it makes me so happy when I can get a beautiful foreign film to watch whenever I want. I really am a sucker for a pretty film, and animated movies are the prettiest. I don't have nearly as many as I do books though of course. XP I sometimes feel like I 'collect' all movies I watch, even if I don't technically own a copy of them. I keep a list of all the films I've seen, and that's fun and enjoyable. I love getting to add new films - especially classic films - to my list of films I've seen, and then getting to share them with others!

Wow - so I guess all I really do collect is stories in pretty packaging. XD
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Noel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:36 pm

I collect tiger stuff. I used to collect anything with a tiger on it. I had a whole room full of my collection. But awhile ago I decided to minimize my collection a bit. I sold some of my cheaper plastic stuff and many stuffed tigers. I still have a large collection of ceramic and porcelain tigers, some stuffed tigers, pictures, blankets, ect.
ImageLovelace
Will trade pets for Baubles, Missed outcomes, Hoard pets, and Extra Eld pets. Also looking for CS wish list pets, items, and C$.
Please take a look around and see what I have to offer. Looking forward to trades.

My CS account
neptonian
Noel

Postby Spookly » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Snow globes
Coins
Rocks (I don't anymore it's from when I was little)
That's all (other than virtual pets xD)
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby Bassnectar » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 am

I love collecting stones :) Off the top of my head, here are a few I've got:

- AMMOLITE !!! Not ammoNite, ammoLite. Much rarer than diamond, rainbow, iridescent, and gorgeous!!
- Malachite
- Moonstone
- Ruby in fuchsite
- Regular ammoNite specimens
- Titanized kyanite
- Tons of quartz
- Tons of varieties of obsidian
- Arsenic Orpiment
- Petrified Wood
- Agate
- Jasper

And honestly so many more that I could barely list them all. I love stones <3
Paracosm
A paracosm is a detailed imaginary world. Paracosms are thought
generally to originate in childhood and to have one or numerous creators.
The creator of a paracosm has a complex and deeply felt relationship
with this subjective universe, which may incorporate real-world or imaginary
characters and conventions. Commonly having its own geography, history,
and language, it is an experience that is often developed during childhood and
continues over a long period of time, months or even years, as a sophisticated
reality that can last into adulthood
Bassnectar

Postby chilope » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:59 am

I collect turtles lol I have dozens of little turtle figures and lots of pictures of and posters and stickers. I especially liked carved turtles, but I also have little plastic turtle toys. So many turtles.

I don't /officially/ collect them but my boyfriend makes fun of me all the time because I buy mugs constantly. Like, the last 6ish times that we've gone shopping I've gotten a mug on a whim. Mostly merch mugs (lots of superhero and videogame ones) but also just sort of silly ones. It's... a problem lol

ALSO dragonneopets
Am I doing it right? I don't think so
none of this makes any sense
i don't know what i'm doing
please someone help me oh my god
chilope

Postby Rees » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:23 pm

Silverhart wrote:Books, books, and more books! XP

I love books! Love the look of them, love the smell of both new and old books, love the feel and weight of them in my hands, and running my hand along their spines, and I especially love all the amazing stories they tell me! I love everything about them! I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by books - whether they're old favorites, or new unread books!

I have hundreds of books of every genre literally spilling out of the bookshelves in my home. XP Everything from 'The Illiad' to books on tall ships, books of poetry, art books, books on animals, science books, to modern children's books - and every genre in between. You want cookbooks, I got cookbooks. You want fantasy, I got fantasy. You want mythology, I got mythology. Sci-fi, biographical, graphic novel, history? I got it all, from nonfiction to fiction. XP And I love them all.

Even books I might not have enjoyed, if I bought it, I typically keep because I just like how they look (and also it's a nice reminder that I can write so much better XD). But yes - I love having shelf fulls and stacks of books scattered everywhere! Most all of them are modern publications - I don't typically collect rare or old books (much as I love them!), because I live in a somewhat chaotic household where I'd be worried about them being destroyed. But basically, I'm Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast', and if anyone gave me a library like the Beast gave her, I would probably marry them on the spot - and then lock myself in the library and never emerge except for snacks. XP

And then, I also like to collect animated films on DVD and blu-ray. Again, nothing too rare or obscure, but it makes me so happy when I can get a beautiful foreign film to watch whenever I want. I really am a sucker for a pretty film, and animated movies are the prettiest. I don't have nearly as many as I do books though of course. XP I sometimes feel like I 'collect' all movies I watch, even if I don't technically own a copy of them. I keep a list of all the films I've seen, and that's fun and enjoyable. I love getting to add new films - especially classic films - to my list of films I've seen, and then getting to share them with others!

Wow - so I guess all I really do collect is stories in pretty packaging. XD

Oh my god, I'm not the only one! xD

I love to hoard and/or collect books, I've gotten to the point where I need to order a new book shelf or two. (I've been making small piles on the floor. XP) And like Silverhart said, the smell of books, new or old, is enchanting. I'm a quick reader, so I usually go out to buy a few books to keep me entertained for the week.

I also have a little wall dedicated to posters of all my favorite things, or fandoms I should say. lol
Rees

Next

Return to General Discussion