Suggestion: Inventory/Curio for our "stuff"

Post your Eldemore questions and site suggestions here.

Suggestion: Inventory/Curio for our "stuff"

Postby MishaBaby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:40 am

So this is basically an idea to allow us to keep souvenirs from previous events, but it could be vastly expanded if it's popular enough and the staff likes it. What I am envisioning here is simply a list of things we collect over our time here, complete with pictures and descriptions, kind of like Magistream recently implemented for whoever is familiar with that site. The items wouldn't actually do anything (that could change later if yall want but it's not part of this suggestion), so it'd be more like a curio case than anything, but I think it would be kind of cool for us to have a special place to proudly display the items we've come across & earned during our time in Eldemore. =) I'm a hopeless nostalgic, and I sometimes enjoy looking back at things like that.

So to go a bit deeper, ultimately what I would really love to see is the basic list of stuff and the option to click on each one to see an expanded description. Doing so would take you to a page with a full-size image of the item along with some more detailed info like what it is, where you found it, how you came across it, any history the item might have beyond our personal experience with it (yay Eldemorian lore immersion!), and perhaps a memory or two from the cutscenes when we earned or used the item. The basic list page doesn't have to be anything special, just a list of what you've collected, but it would be kind of cool if the page could be expanded upon. How awesome would it be if, at some point during an event or something, Willy went out and bought a curio for the birdfamily to share, and when you went to go look at it, there was a picture of a stately old antique mahogany curio cabinet with brickabrack in it from not only you, but also Willy and Sorren and everyone else in the birdfamily. You could even work in the possibility to get actual souvenirs out of events! and now I'm getting ahead of myself... Ahem. Back to the picture, the reason for a shared birdfamily curio is so that stuff could be drawn on the shelves so it doesn't look empty, stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be ours - and it also just feels really nice for the lore-ness of it. At any rate, the list could be below the picture or, if the coders are digging this idea and want to take it a step further, there could be shelves that you can organize your items on, maybe even name them (purely for functionality, names wouldn't have to be engraved on the shelves or anything, but hey, if this sparks an idea, run with it ^.^).

Our little Eldemorian family has been together for a while now, and it just seems like it might be time to start a scrapbook or something, especially with the impending sea adventure, ya know? And the curio makes more sense to me, because you can put things far more tangible than pictures into it - but pictures can go into it, too! There is so much room here to integrate this in an amazingly lore-progressing way, and it would add a new dimension to everything we already have. What do yall think? ^.^
My Eldemore Trade Spot
Looking For Hundreds Of Missed Outcomes, See WL
● Thank you so very much to the person who helped my dream come true! TT_TT ♥ ●
● If it's in group 9c & unnamed, use my WL to offer ●
● In love with lore? Like collecting things? You might want to look at this.

"Remember that in life, all things are temporary, the good and the bad. Let not your troubles
weigh you down, for they too shall pass. Cherish the sweet moments, live awakened, so that
each night when you rest your head you do not fear your final sunset. And remember, always
remember... It might not be ok, but it's going to be alright."
Peace, Love, Empathy... Misha.

MS: Image  ||  Image :DC
.: Once A Watchcrow, Always A Watchcrow :.
MishaBaby

Re: Suggestion: Inventory/Curio for our "stuff"

Postby UniqueZephlyn » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:51 am

Thumb up / Support.
I love this idea :)
I will rarely get on unless there is a event on. Sorry guys, though my only interest pretty much will be getting a set of full pets for each event.
ImageSophie </3
(Thank you So much Moosh)
UniqueZephlyn

Postby Aralas » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 am

Oh wow, I absolutely love this idea! Seriously, this has all of my support!
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Postby Spookly » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:39 am

Supports
=D
~~~ TBF
Spookly

Postby ErulasseAranel » Mon May 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Ooo, yes!
I have quit Eldemore because I'm a Baptist and the lore of it, and the creatures, have to do with magic and I'd like to stay on the safe side. I have loved this community while I've been here!
ErulasseAranel

Postby valiant-quest » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 am

Total support!
valiant-quest

Postby Hyensa » Sun May 29, 2016 11:29 am

Wow! You'd have all my support.
Hyensa

Return to Site Help, Questions and Suggestions