Books!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Books!

Postby thorne. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:16 pm

carrie dee: definitely, girl. mortal instruments fans gotta stick together. xD

charmey: i've read it! though only the first book, and i very much enjoyed it. c:
thorne.

whoo whoo new frand

Postby carrie dee. » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 pm

@ thorne -- sounds good to me! c;

i have to ask - does anybody love harry potter as much as i do?
carrie dee.

FABLEHAVEN /dies

Postby Glassea » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:29 pm

@ sphie
oh. my. gosh.
fablehaven & the candy shop war = epicness.
brandon mull for the win.

@ diem
why yes, yes i do.
feel free to contact me on another site if you're interested in my pets, though I make no guarantees.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
chickensmoothietumblr8tracksflight risinghellopoetrylast visited march 9, 2018
Glassea

Re: whoo whoo new frand

Postby Sphye » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm

carrie dee. wrote:
    @ thorne -- sounds good to me! c;

Well, I don't know exactly how much you love it, but I hope I do! My mom actually won a little trophy on a cruise for winning at Harry Potter trivia.

Glassea wrote:
@ sphie
oh. my. gosh.
fablehaven & the candy shop war = epicness.
brandon mull for the win.

@ diem
why yes, yes i do.

I haven't yet read the Candy Shop War; It sounds good, though! I'll have to reserve it from my library.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Sarill » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Wait are the Last Dragon books about the clay dragons? Gadzooks and the like? Becuase I loved those books! I accualy dug the first one off of my bookshelf this afternoon and am already partway into the second. I love making clay dragons in real life, and have some figures of my runes if anyone wants to see. But that could turn into a seperate topic entierly if it gets involved enough XD

Anyway, is anyone here a fan of Neil Gaiman? Or Kelly Armstrong?
Deo <3
Sarill

Postby Silverhart » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 pm

Sarill wrote:Wait are the Last Dragon books about the clay dragons? Gadzooks and the like? Becuase I loved those books! I accualy dug the first one off of my bookshelf this afternoon and am already partway into the second. I love making clay dragons in real life, and have some figures of my runes if anyone wants to see. But that could turn into a seperate topic entierly if it gets involved enough XD

Anyway, is anyone here a fan of Neil Gaiman? Or Kelly Armstrong?

Yes, that's what the books are about. The least, the first few books are. Then it gets into polar bears, and transdimensional things, and shape shifting things, and evil things, and more dragons, and all this crazy drama. XP The first few books were good though, and I personally thought 'Dark Fire' was better then the more recent ones. But there's so much to keep track of in your head. I haven't read the newest one though. I haven't been to a bookstore in a while (both of my local bookstores went out of business in the past two years :( The nearest big store is about a forty minute drive now) so I haven't been able to catch up on all my series.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby charmey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 am

@thorne ;; -fist bumps- thorny, yes! you should totally read the ones after it. they are so great and its definatly worth the time it takes. c; though, if you were as obsessed with them as i was/still am, then you will read them all within hours. you're just lucky all the sequels and even prequels are out now. when i started to read them they just came out, and i was desperately marking the dates of the next book's release. #thefangirlstruggle

@everyone ;; i'm with sphie. i haven't read candy shop war, but i will definatly put it not to-do list!
      right after i start my summer reading book, because school starts monday. procrastination for the win, my friends.
charmey

Postby Skeseth » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:19 am

Bit late in replying, but I saw a few mentions of Animorphs again. :) I never met anyone else that read the /entire/ series up and down like I did. lol Usually just those that found them in the library. Sad they stopped re-releasing them. But they do have all the books online to read.

Silver: I think I stopped liking Bloody Jack quite as much after Lorelei Lee. I know another is coming out in a month or two and I have yet to even touch the last one! Though I did buy it... I think. It's sitting somewhere. How about them Phantom books? ;)

Now there's a big love of mine, Phantom of the Opera and my personal favorite fan fiction by Susan Kay, Phantom. The rest are usually awful, but I still try to read anything Phantom or Phantom-related.

Sarill: I mentioned Neil Gaiman! Love him :D Have you read his latest book? I also have been re-reading American Gods... definitely forgotten how... intense it is. Can't wait for the sequel. I also have read Kelly Armstrong but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I just read them on occasion... some of her adult ones, not all, and I read one of her young adult trilogy (there are more than three YA books, right?)
Please PM if you have questions or need help
Skeseth
Global Moderator

Re: yes please

Postby gїzмо. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 am

carrie dee. wrote:
    @ thorne -- we are now best friends. ok? mortal instruments for the win.

has any ody read the gone series? i enjoy those a ton.

HEY I LOVE MORTAL INTRUMENTS TOO
    oh and i absolutely ADORE the gone series

carrie dee. wrote:

i love harry potter so much
    gah
    /the feels cx
gїzмо.

Re: yes please

Postby Skeseth » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 am

gїzмо. wrote:
    HEY I LOVE MORTAL INTRUMENTS TOO
    oh and i absolutely ADORE the gone series

Didn't think I'd find someone else that read the Gone series. As a fan of Animorphs, I went and picked up Michael Grant's new series... it was definitely fun and different and then it went pretty dark. I mean, way dark. I was surprised to see this in the YA section, though the writing is consistent with YA. I remember eagerly waiting for the last book to come out and reading it all that day it came out to figure out how it ended.
Please PM if you have questions or need help
Skeseth
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment