Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Do you tend to prefer male protagonists or female protagonists?

Male
45%
Female
No votes
No preference
55%
Other?
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Postby Hisoka » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Awesome! Thanks! I would love to see a continuation of HxH or more movies that tell Hisoka's story and the Troupes.
All of my trade groups are WL locked. If you want to trade a current outcome for one of my normal trade groups, send as suggestion with a message stating what you want! =)
ImageImageImage
Hisoka

Postby muriel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello! so I don't normally post here I just have it under my posts incase i need to say something about an anime that I was recommended..so I can reccomend it to you guys!

I began watching an anime called No. 6 a while ago, and I absolutely love it. It's only 11 episodes, and I'm more than halfway through, and I'm absolutely captivated.

Taking place in a future where half of the world is submerged in water, and the rest is divided into 6 cities, a 12 year old boy named Shion meets a guy about the same age as him who is a criminal, named Mizuni, or Rat in japanese.

I can't say much, but their is a romance between them, but it's not innapropriate or anything, the creators actually develop it, like you would with most love stories. But theirs also more to it.=, but I can't explain without spoilers.

And the end credits song is beautiful oml I'm listening to it as I type this, but anyway, If you want to read more on it, click here.

Its a really spectacular anime, and I highly reccomend it!
    yeet
    I still check in once in a while. Feel free to trade or pm me.
muriel

Postby Hisoka » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:12 am

Actually, his name is Nezumi, haha. Nezumi=Rat. But I really enjoyed No. 6 as well. =)
All of my trade groups are WL locked. If you want to trade a current outcome for one of my normal trade groups, send as suggestion with a message stating what you want! =)
ImageImageImage
Hisoka

Postby Riota » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Completely has nothing to do with what anime you were talking about but I just need to know if anyone here has seen Hetalia, Death Note, or No Game No Life. I must find my homies!!!
Hazit and I are related so sorry if we occansionally use the same wifi! They're making their account right now!
Riota

Postby Sphye » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:27 am

Riota wrote:Completely has nothing to do with what anime you were talking about but I just need to know if anyone here has seen Hetalia, Death Note, or No Game No Life. I must find my homies!!!

Death Note is the only one of those three that I've seen. I really enjoyed it, though I think I discovered it rather late. Netflix is such a nice source for finding things late, though. ^^

Speaking of Netflix, one of the anime on there that's labelled as a Netflix original, Kuromakuro, is really neat! Has anyone else seen what there is so far of it?
In summary, it's about these things-- Ogres, some call them, though they're really more like mech devices-- coming to Earth from Space. The protagonist is the daughter of the head of a research facility that has gathered a number of seemingly alien things. The protagonist accidentally brings a 500-year-old samurai out of a cryogenic sleep, and the samurai initially mistakes her for the princess he fought for in his time. The two pilot their own mech to combat the "ogres", and as the anime progresses everyone tries to learn more about the origins of these mech-things while the samurai adjusts to present-day life.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby scmarshtacky » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:12 am

I really enjoyed No. 6 as well. ^^ I'm generally not much of a Shounen ai person, but No. 6 was beautiful in it's art and music and had a wonderful story. I even have Kaze no Requiem on my phone playlist. xP

Riota wrote:Completely has nothing to do with what anime you were talking about but I just need to know if anyone here has seen Hetalia, Death Note, or No Game No Life. I must find my homies!!!

I love No Game No Life. It's one of my favorite anime. ^^ I've seen some of Death Note as well, but I never finished it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
scmarshtacky

Postby Hisoka » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:52 am

Sphye wrote:
Speaking of Netflix, one of the anime on there that's labelled as a Netflix original, Kuromakuro, is really neat! Has anyone else seen what there is so far of it?
In summary, it's about these things-- Ogres, some call them, though they're really more like mech devices-- coming to Earth from Space. The protagonist is the daughter of the head of a research facility that has gathered a number of seemingly alien things. The protagonist accidentally brings a 500-year-old samurai out of a cryogenic sleep, and the samurai initially mistakes her for the princess he fought for in his time. The two pilot their own mech to combat the "ogres", and as the anime progresses everyone tries to learn more about the origins of these mech-things while the samurai adjusts to present-day life.

OMG, yes! I was scanning the anime on Netflix and saw Kuromakuro. I was instantly interested cause it said it was a Netflix original. I was going to give it the 3 episode try-out. I didn't go into it expecting much as mech anime tends to copy other mech shows and ends up being the same storyline with different characters, but I was surprised at how good it was! I binge-watched the first half and am going to finish the second half within the next couple of weeks. I really like it!
ImageImageImage
Hisoka

Postby Rees » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:41 pm

I've seen all three, and I must say I love No Game No Life. My ringtone is an 8bit version of the OP 'This Game.'

Hisoka wrote:Actually, his name is Nezumi, haha. Nezumi=Rat. But I really enjoyed No. 6 as well. =)

I heard No. 6, I have been summoned.

UNDYNE. wrote:
        Hello! so I don't normally post here I just have it under my posts incase i need to say something about an anime that I was recommended..so I can reccomend it to you guys!

I began watching an anime called No. 6 a while ago, and I absolutely love it. It's only 11 episodes, and I'm more than halfway through, and I'm absolutely captivated.

Taking place in a future where half of the world is submerged in water, and the rest is divided into 6 cities, a 12 year old boy named Shion meets a guy about the same age as him who is a criminal, named Mizuni, or Rat in japanese.

I can't say much, but their is a romance between them, but it's not innapropriate or anything, the creators actually develop it, like you would with most love stories. But theirs also more to it.=, but I can't explain without spoilers.

And the end credits song is beautiful oml I'm listening to it as I type this, but anyway, If you want to read more on it, click here.

Its a really spectacular anime, and I highly reccomend it!

aaaaaa I love the ending song as well. No.6 has made it's way into my heart, forever now and will be one of my favorite animes. I've already finished the anime, and I have to agree with you. I was a bit crestfallen when I watched the ending but it was a marvelous anime overall. I don't want to spoil anything, but I'd highly recommend it to whoever is willing to watch it.
Rees

Postby Hisoka » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:42 pm

Yeah, I was a bit saddened at the ending as it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I guess it made the anime all the more unique and noticeable. Generic happy endings don't always make an anime better, but dang it if I wasn't rooting for one, lol!
ImageImageImage
Hisoka

Postby Rees » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Hisoka wrote:Yeah, I was a bit saddened at the ending as it wasn't exactly what I wanted, but I guess it made the anime all the more unique and noticeable. Generic happy endings don't always make an anime better, but dang it if I wasn't rooting for one, lol!

I agree, I was secretly rooting for a happy ending. And although it wasn't what I expected it just made me love the anime even more so. It reminded me of a book I read, which had a very similar ending. I was saddened, but that plot twist made the book more satisfying in the end.

What animes are you guys currently watching? I'm watching 'Haven't you heard? I'm Sakamoto.' right now, about halfway into it. I'm also watching Servamp, but I'm still waiting for the next episode to come out.
Rees

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment