Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Do you tend to prefer male protagonists or female protagonists?

Male
45%
Female
No votes
No preference
55%
Other?
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Postby Lynea » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Talking about Sailor Moon, is there anybody here who is somewhat into shojo? Like Wedding Peach, Pretty Cure, DoReMi, and such? o-o
Lynea

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 pm

There's some shoujo that I like, but it really depends on the series. I loveKaichou wa Maid-sama, Ouran, Special A, Skip Beat, and a number of other things, but those are my favorite series. I haven't heard of the others you mentioned. I'll have to look them up.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mitsiki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 am

any thoughts on

Petite Princess Yucie
pretear
magic knights rayearth
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mitsiki

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:47 am

Pretear is the only one in the list that I've seen. I liked it okay, but it's your typical damsel-in-distress anime. It's older so the art isn't great, and the english dub voices are pretty bad. It's okay to waste a bit of your time, but not something I'd recommend for those out to find a really good, original series. If you like the damsel-in-distress type then by all means give it a shot.

If you've watched Fushigi Yuugi and liked it you may like Pretear too. I think the two are relatively similar.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mitsiki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:35 am

scmarshtacky wrote:Pretear is the only one in the list that I've seen. I liked it okay, but it's your typical damsel-in-distress anime. It's older so the art isn't great, and the english dub voices are pretty bad. It's okay to waste a bit of your time, but not something I'd recommend for those out to find a really good, original series. If you like the damsel-in-distress type then by all means give it a shot.

If you've watched Fushigi Yuugi and liked it you may like Pretear too. I think the two are relatively similar.

i have seen all the ones that i listed ^^' though all of them are older their animation isnt too bad, i never watched any of the english versions except for revolutionary girl. they all have a few things in common. magic, other worlds. prince and princess and a twist.
magic knights rayearth is probably the oldest in the bunch.. but the story.. it is bittersweet. it is your typical school girl gets taken to another world to fight off bad guys. but the twist.. if love conquers all, the world is doomed by the princesses hands.
pretear is ok~ish. i just love the sound dude though. the story is sad and tragic.

an anime that i absolutely loved the Getbackers. though it takes a while to get to the good core of the story
Mitsiki

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:44 am

I guess the one's listed just aren't exactly my type of anime. ^^" Have you seen Tsubasa Chronicles? It's kind of along the magic/princess theme, but it's just a bit darker, at least towards the end.

Yes!! Getbackers! I love that so much. XD I've watched it a couple of times, and I'm slowly trying to work my way through the manga.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mitsiki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:18 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:I guess the one's listed just aren't exactly my type of anime. ^^" Have you seen Tsubasa Chronicles? It's kind of along the magic/princess theme, but it's just a bit darker, at least towards the end.

Yes!! Getbackers! I love that so much. XD I've watched it a couple of times, and I'm slowly trying to work my way through the manga.

Tsubasa Chronicles was amazing i was really sad when they stopped making the anime but at least they kept the manga .. i believe they share a common main character in magic knights rayearth Mokona :D

pic http://www.tapeta-mokona-rayearth-knight-magic-wojowniczki.na-pulpit.com/zdjecia/mokona-rayearth-knight-magic-wojowniczki.jpeg
Mitsiki

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Fai was my favorite character. His english VA was Vic Mignogna who I absolutely love, so maybe that helped me like his character too. :P

Oh yeah, you're right. XD Is Magic Knights Rayearth made by Clamp?

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mitsiki » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:39 pm

yep made by clamp in 1994. fai was the best character by far ^^' i loved him in episode with chi
Mitsiki

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:53 pm

I've noticed that Clamp works tend to re-use their supporting characters in a lot of their works. They certainly have very unique anime although it seems like they do tend to be a bit darker. I keep meaning to watch xxxholic but haven't gotten around to it yet.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment