Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Do you tend to prefer male protagonists or female protagonists?

Male
45%
Female
No votes
No preference
55%
Other?
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: Any Anime/Manga Fans?

Postby Lynea » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 pm

If you watch xxxHolic, prepare to meet like all of Clamp's Charakters. xD
Because that's pretty much the heart of the whole Clamp universe. :)

Talking about Clamp and TRC, has anyone seen (or read) CCS and/or X/1999?
Lynea

Postby Mad Madam Grim » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:39 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:I've noticed that Clamp works tend to re-use their supporting characters in a lot of their works. They certainly have very unique anime although it seems like they do tend to be a bit darker. I keep meaning to watch xxxholic but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I just started watching xxxholic and I would say it is very interesting. I also have been watching Sekirei that was on your list and I rather like it. I have also watched/watching: Fullmetal Alchemist, InuYasha, fruits Basket that are on your list and many more not on you list. I plan on watching sometime in the future Vampire Knight.
╔══════════╗
☼Pet of the Week☼
╚══════════╝
Art Shop
╔═════════════╗
ImageImage
╚═════════════╝
Mad Madam Grim

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Mad Madam Grim wrote:I just started watching xxxholic and I would say it is very interesting. I also have been watching Sekirei that was on your list and I rather like it. I have also watched/watching: Fullmetal Alchemist, InuYasha, fruits Basket that are on your list and many more not on you list. I plan on watching sometime in the future Vampire Knight.

Just the previews that I've seen of xxxholic do seem rather interesting. I know Todd Haberkorn is one of the dub VAs which makes me want to watch it more.
Have you watched FMA Brotherhood or just the original series? I liked the original series alright, but I loved Brotherhood. Also love Inuyasha and Fruit's Basket. I think Fruit's Basket was one of my first shoujo along with Ouran High School Host Club.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mad Madam Grim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:15 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:Just the previews that I've seen of xxxholic do seem rather interesting. I know Todd Haberkorn is one of the dub VAs which makes me want to watch it more.
Have you watched FMA Brotherhood or just the original series? I liked the original series alright, but I loved Brotherhood. Also love Inuyasha and Fruit's Basket. I think Fruit's Basket was one of my first shoujo along with Ouran High School Host Club.

Yes it is I would like to see more of it but haven't had time as of late. As for FMA I have just watched the Original Series. I would like to see the Brotherhood ones sometime. I have seen a few Eps. of the Ouran High School Host Club. Have you seen Princess Tutu? it was My first shoujo. have you seen This Ugly Yet Beautiful World?
Inuyasha is wonderful and I love it too. I also really enjoy the productions from Studio Ghibli. I am also a fan of Dark/Fantasy style Anime.
╔══════════╗
☼Pet of the Week☼
╚══════════╝
Art Shop
╔═════════════╗
ImageImage
╚═════════════╝
Mad Madam Grim

Postby scmarshtacky » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Mad Madam Grim wrote:Yes it is I would like to see more of it but haven't had time as of late. As for FMA I have just watched the Original Series. I would like to see the Brotherhood ones sometime. I have seen a few Eps. of the Ouran High School Host Club. Have you seen Princess Tutu? it was My first shoujo. have you seen This Ugly Yet Beautiful World?
Inuyasha is wonderful and I love it too. I also really enjoy the productions from Studio Ghibli. I am also a fan of Dark/Fantasy style Anime.

I haven't seen either. The main shoujos that I've seen are Ouran, Fruit's Basket, Special A, Skip Beat, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama. I need to watch Say I Love You, but I want to finish Fairy Tail first.
I feel really bad that I haven't watched more films from Studio Ghibli. The only ones I've seen are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away both of which I really liked. I tend to avoid films because if I really love them, there's nothing else to watch after the movie. :P

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mad Madam Grim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:23 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:I haven't seen either. The main shoujos that I've seen are Ouran, Fruit's Basket, Special A, Skip Beat, and Kaichou wa Maid-sama. I need to watch Say I Love You, but I want to finish Fairy Tail first.
I feel really bad that I haven't watched more films from Studio Ghibli. The only ones I've seen are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away both of which I really liked. I tend to avoid films because if I really love them, there's nothing else to watch after the movie. :P

I totally understand about the Movie Part. I am always left wondering what happens next but I just l♥ve Hayao Miyazaki style. So I have seen a lot of his works. I was able to watch a few more episodes of xxxholic last night and Now I think I L♥ve it. I plan on watching Fairy Tail after I am done watching xxxholic. I will also try and watch FMA brotherhood as well. :D
Do you have any other recommendation for wonderful Anime or Manga. I would love to start reading some but don't know where to start. :?
╔══════════╗
☼Pet of the Week☼
╚══════════╝
Art Shop
╔═════════════╗
ImageImage
╚═════════════╝
Mad Madam Grim

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm

I can recommend a ton, but do you have any specific genres you're interested in or looking to watch?

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Mad Madam Grim » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 pm

scmarshtacky wrote:I can recommend a ton, but do you have any specific genres you're interested in or looking to watch?

I like the Dark Fantasy and Action (other worldly/realms). I am not a big fan of Romance and Drama. I am open to trying anything. I always give it a chance before I decide whether I like it or not. :D
╔══════════╗
☼Pet of the Week☼
╚══════════╝
Art Shop
╔═════════════╗
ImageImage
╚═════════════╝
Mad Madam Grim

Postby scmarshtacky » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Let's see...
- Code:Breaker
- Darker Than Black
- You may or may not like Chrono Crusade. It's a dark fantasy, but it is also a romance. It's not a typical shoujo though.
- D. Gray Man
- Maybe Durarara. It is a little darker and has a supernatural twist along with some action.
- Shiki is definitely a dark fantasy
- Guilty Crown. I didn't like it as much, but a lot of people love it.
- If you haven't seen Kuroshitsuji, it's a pretty decent anime. The manga is way better though.
- Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro This one is really... unique. You may need to watch a few episodes before you decide if you like it.
- Tsubasa Chronicle

That's what I've come up with for now. If I think of more, I'll add them.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby Uspar » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm currently re-watching Fruits basket. One of my all time favorites ever since my cousin lent me the dvd's upon discovering that I like anime owo
I came back after over a year and there is still 0 commuication. Disgraceful behaviour
Uspar

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment