Remember- ÅŒKAMI -Leap before you think, Ammy~

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

How many times has Issun been caught inside Ammy's mouth?

Two
No votes
Six
No votes
Five
50%
Three
No votes
Eight
No votes
None Of The Above
50%

Total votes : 2

Remember- ÅŒKAMI -Leap before you think, Ammy~

Postby Scar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:18 am

I figured sense there isn't one that I'd go ahead and make one!
Kind of sad there isn't, but now there is~!

For those of you who are Okami veterans through or through, or even perhaps a newcomer that might be interested in this "Diamond in the Rough" game, as I like to title it, welcome~
Scar is my user, so unless you've come up with nicknames for me then Scar will do just fine. ^_^
Feel free to relax, pull up a chair, maybe even paint a pretty picture-- You know, a picture it worth a thousand words~
You are also free to talk about Okami-den, the lone sequel to this masterpiece.

Do you have questions? Perhaps you need help but don't want to rely on a walkthrough?
I can help, I've beaten the game- I can't even remember how many times, I think somewhere in the twenties...
And I've completed it; found all the beads, treasures, praise, animals, clovers, and brushes techniques on both the Wii and PS2 versions. ;3
Though, I can't guarantee my memory will be crispy-clear on remembering the locations of some treasures, animals, and clovers, for there are quite a lot so trying to remember that all can be kind of tedious, but I'll do whatever I can to help~

Stay tuned, I'll be hosting some trivial questions to see how great your Okami knowledge is~
Remember, these are quizzical, trivial questions: so no cheating.
I won't be able to tell if you did or not, but I trust that you'll give your honest answer for when the first question comes. There is no prizes, but there'll be a separate post to tally points for whoever answers correctly.
I'm hoping to have a weekly question and whoever answers the most correctly will be the "Okami player of the Month" for that month.
If you can think of a better title, please share. x'D

So~
What was your favorite boss? Or character?
What is your favorite brush god or even brush technique?
What is your favorite song and what did you enjoy most?
What do you like about Okami, do you feel it was emotionally grabbing?
Did you like the storyline, what's your favorite part, and what's your say on the graphics?
Do you feel Okami is a stand-alone game(excluding Okami-den), or would you like to see more?
These are just random questions to sate my curiosity, you don't have to answer them but they're there if you're looking for something to type. ;D

Aside from my fangirlish rambles and squeals, chat away-- Go wild!
But keep Eldemore's rules in mind. This is a tranquil place for fellow Okami nerds to go crazy and gush over one of their favorite games; nothing else.
Last edited by Scar on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Trivia Tally--

Postby Scar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 am

-- Tally Board --

-- no participants --

-- Remember, no cheating --

v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Re: Remember- ÅŒKAMI -Leap before you think, Ammy~

Postby Edo Phoenix » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:40 am

Are we allowed to post now? o_O

What was your favorite boss? Or character? My favourite boss is the 9 tails, my favourite characters are Waka, Issun, Oki, Ammy, and Rao
What is your favorite brush god or even brush technique? My favourite brush god is Gekigami, my favourite technique is... SLASH, SLASH EVERYTHING *slapped* though I enjoy using the gale, rain, and the thunder as well~(mainly to the people, I love seeing their reactions xD)
What is your favorite song and what did you enjoy most? Too many, it's more than 1!
Prologue, Ushiwaka's Appearance, Play with Ushiwaka, Kushinada's Determination, Kaguya's Journey, Oki's theme, Kamiki Village's Sorrowful Custom, True Strength, Promise, Time of Parting, People of the Moon's Tribe, Reset Thank you Version, The Sun Rises, Reset

oh my goodness I love them all but those listed up there are the most <3 :)

What do you like about Okami, do you feel it was emotionally grabbing? The story, the feels, the characters, the musics, the theme, I mostly shocked when something bad happened, laughed when there's something funny, scared until my hands turned so cold when I have to finish stages (dungeons)/ events/ bosses, and I cried when I were on the last stage for the 1st time, reading Issun's speech telling about Ammy to the villagers...
Did you like the storyline, what's your favorite part, and what's your say on the graphics? Of course, I love the storyline! The graphics... BEAUTIFUL I LOVE THIS GAME ASDFGHJKL, my favourite parts are... all of them!

I played it on 2008, never play the wii nor the okamiden before
but I lost my PS2 and didn't have the chance to play Okami again D': (and I don't like to play on emulator)
Edo Phoenix

Postby Scar » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Yes, you are allowed to post. x'D

I must agree that my favorite is Nine-tails as well, but I also loved the twin demons, Lechku and Nechku. ^_^
Characters; I really, really love Waka. x'D He made my first experience memorable, but of course, gotta love the feisty Ammy. x'3
It's hard to choose, I loved all the brush gods but if narrowed down... Ech, I still can't choose; I just love them all!
Of the main brush techniques, I liked Gale but of the ones you had to look for, I love Thunderbolt and Deluge.
... Pretty much all the songs you typed are the ones I like. x'D
But I have a few others to add;; Doomed, Competition With Idaten(basically 'The Sun Rises' but with beat), Tamaya's Theme, Descent of the Great Goddess, Chunjack's Theme, Waterfall, Impatient Susano-O, Cherry Blossom Storm, Digging Here Bow-Wow, A Great Spirit Lies In Wait, Confronting Ushiwaka, Ushiwaka's Theme, Looking Up at a Starry Sky, Giving Kushinada A Ride, To Tamagahara, Ushiwaka's Fate, Twin Devils Extermination, Ezo Fuji Shine, Demon Lord Nine-tail's Extermination, Okami White Light Majesty, and The Twin Demons' Sorcery.
I think that's it... Maybe... ^^; This game had such wonderful music.

Hehe, pretty much all you said describes my experience to it very closely.
I love the fact that they used Japanese mythology as well as the water paint graphics, it is because of this game that I want to learn how to do Japanese water paintings.

The only different between the Wii and PS2 is obviously the controls, the graphics look just a little different and they had to cut out the end credits for the Wii version.
Okami-den was decent, but I feeling it doesn't match up to Okami... It just felt too limiting, in my opinion.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Xiao_Jian » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 am

Okami is one of my all-time favorite games!

What was your favorite boss? The True Orochi - the one you fight when you go back in time.Or character? Priestess Fuse and the Canine Warriors.
Favorite Brush God is the Horse, but I also love the mouse with the giant sword. Favorite brush technique = Thunderbolt or Deluge. Or the triple cherry-bomb.
Ryoshima Plains
Everything, but especially the Brush system. It was such a cool way to interact with the world. And I was completely emotionally engaged. The end where Issun gets Ami's power back...
Did you like the storyline, what's your favorite part, and what's your say on the graphics?
I love the graphics, the cell-shading and style were beautiful. This game really sold video games being art for me.
Do you feel Okami is a stand-alone game(excluding Okami-den), or would you like to see more?
I would really like to see a sequel on a next-gen console. I think the ending gave a nice opening to go to the Celestial Plains. But mostly I just want an updated version of the original game, my PS2 finally died and I want to play it again!
No, I don't want to be forced to see everyone's Eldsona.
Enjoy my naked one!
Xiao_Jian

Postby Werewolf » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 am

My favorite boss was Ninetails. Being the first enemy you fight who uses brush techniques against you, and having to claw your way to the top of the Oni Island just to face it makes the whole thing feel really cool. After saying that, I feel like the other bosses are underrated, though.

Amaterasu is my favorite character, and I like the Canine Warriors! I also enjoy Issun and Susano because they're funny, even though they're annoying. Oh, and can we please discuss side characters like the guy who talks like a hippy and makes pottery? And the sparrow on fire? "MY TASTY FRIED DRUMSTICKS!"

My favorite god is Kasugami. A drunken sheep? Fantastic. It even matches my zodiac. :lol: My favorite technique is Power Slash. I like all the techniques though. Did you know you can drag the sake at the festival (after you beat Orochi) onto the guys sitting near it and knock them out?

I love the boss theme music when you face Waka.

EVERYTHING. Except Blockhead Grande. But I think I was just incompetent. Lol.

The graphics are beautiful, I love the sumi-e style. The storyline is lots of fun and feels cool.

I prefer it as a stand-alone.
I was Zhen.

I keep changing my username, because of reasons. Sorry for any ??? that results.
Werewolf

Postby Mortikat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:41 am

Lol. Its been over a year since I played Okami (mom sold our Wii so I can't play it anymore, though I'm looking into getting the game again since my dad has a Wii I can use anytime now that I live with him. )

To be honest, my favorite boss has to be Yami (The Emperor of Eternal Darkness! >8D). I know, I know, "but its the final boss" you say. So what? I absolutely loved the way you had to work yourself through that fight after facing all of the other bosses again. And Yami taking your brush techniques? Total jerk move, but so entertaining! I spent over 80 hours on my first play through of Okami, so finally reaching the Ark of Yamato and facing the end of the game was just... UNNF. It so made Yami the best boss in the entire game in my opinion.

As for favorite characters, Issun and Oki have to be my favorites. Issun had a way of making me laugh throughout the entire journey, and I really got attached to the little guy by the end of the game. His little quips and quirks, as well as helpful insight, definitely made the journey more interesting. :) Plus, he's an artist! Who can't like that?! 8D Oki is... Well, Oki is dark, mysterious, and we all know he's secretly a little puppy dog on the inside! (Plus I kind of ship the OkiXAmmy ship. LET IT SAIL!)

I found all of the Brush Gods to be entertaining and endearing in their own way, although my favorite has to be Gekigami. Lightning/thunder has always been one of my favorite elements of power, as I find it highly interesting and way cool to use, so that Tiger was pretty cool if I do say so myself! That being said, with me being so biased towards Lightning/Thunder based attacks, Thunderstorm does happen to be my favorite Brush Technique XD

What is your favorite song?
Actually, I don't really have a favorite song. The entire sound track for the game was gorgeous and well done, so I can't really pick a favorite. Although thinking back on it, "The Sun Rises" does hold a little more love than the rest of the music in the game, simply because of what it is. :)

Do you feel it was emotionally grabbing?
Oh my goodness. Emotionally grabbing? Heck yes! This game had me form beginning to end! I laughed, I cried, I mourned, and I expressed my unbridled joy throughout this entire game. My mom thought I was crazy but this game really can get to you on another level. A lot of games don't do that anymore, so I find it really unique that Okami manages to do that, and I appreciate that its so much more than a simple hack and slash/FPS game. It really is something else! I miss owning it. ;-;

Did you like the storyline?
Oh, more than anything! there were so many turning points/unexpected things happening in the plot, you really never knew what was coming next. :) I found it highly engaging and entertaining, and it was overall an amazing story line.

Even though I have such an intense love for the game, I really think it should be a stand-alone. Even though I really loved Okami, I never found myself with the desire to play Okami-den, because Okami just completely overloaded my senses and emotions. XD I can play that game through and through again and there are certain spots that will still get to me every time. :( Its such a great game! With that being said, I think a sequel(s) would just be to much. I mean, Ammy ascended back to the Celestial Plain after defeating Yami in the Ark and saving the world. What more could Ammy do, really, without anything feeling redundant?

Anastasius
The Cinder Rouge Elkrin Fawn ;
The Non-Bonded Companion

User #77

Eldemorian Inhabitants
Mortikat

Postby // kzry » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:06 pm

What was your favorite boss? Ninetails and Yami :D
Or character? Ammy, she's awesome c:
What is your favorite brush god Hmmm... Nurigami, Gekigami, Yumigami, Tachigami, and of course Ammy
Or even brush technique? Powerslash, basic, yet so powerfullll
What is your favorite song and what did you enjoy most? The Ninetails boss music, I enjoyed everything about that soundtrack, the way that it starts off, the instruments used (or the ones I can pick out) and more...
What do you like about Okami, do you feel it was emotionally grabbing? I liked everything! :D And yet, at the end when *spoiler has been blocked*
Did you like the storyline, Yes, when the death of Orochi really wasn't the end...
what's your favorite part, The whole Yami Fight
and what's your say on the graphics? AWESOME
Do you feel Okami is a stand-alone game(excluding Okami-den), or would you like to see more? More, just because it's a really good game and I would enjoy to see more.
These are just random questions to sate my curiosity, you don't have to answer them but they're there if you're looking for something to type. ;D
// kzry

Return to Entertainment