|Music| Its a way of life, really.

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: |Music| Its a way of life, really.

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:59 am

Hey, well, this threads been real quiet, lately...

Anyways, I was looking to get feedback on a song I composed for a competition; is there anything I need to fix/change? Any feedback is very much appreciated. c:

[url]link[/url]
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
the ridiculousness that is
Burying your gays,
For the community in media
should be a reflection of our lives
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease
not a standard so often given
that it assumes a stereotyped name.

I refuse to bow to my apparent fate,
of death simply waiting for love,
of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
that felt like they had to.
I weep for those butchered
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

Clexa | Camren | Cophine | Bumbleby | Cartinelli
Sleeping Warrior | Doccubus | Mikaanie | Hollstein
Emison | Beronica | Wayhaught | Korrasami | Shoot

Want a chance to win this (and more!) in a giveaway? Click!
Want to comission me? Send me a PM!
A forever tribute to Monty Oum. RIP ~

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Sphye » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:03 pm

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

Anyways, I was looking to get feedback on a song I composed for a competition; is there anything I need to fix/change? Any feedback is very much appreciated. c:

[url]link[/url]

The link is blank.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:47 am

I kNEW TH AT I UM THAT WAS ON PURPOSE

But, um, here's the link. For real this time. >.<"

link
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
Burying your gays,
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease

of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Secret » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:41 am

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:

[url]link[/url]

What competition is it for??

My feedback:
(Okay please bear with me because I never really bothered to learn a lot of the proper musical terms... well I have but it's holidays now and my brain is in holiday mode. So I am essentially forgotten them all.)

The song was FANTASTIC, I mean it, it gave me this kind of weird vibe (weird in a good way) that mixed medieval 'sounding' and classical 'sounding' music together.
However, when the bass part come in, in the middle of bar 4 there seems to be a slight clash in the sound of the notes that doesn't really sit well. It seems as if the bass part is out of time and is struggling to catch up, however I also see that the bass notes have been deliberately put between the notes of the middle line.

I am really sorry if this offends you, I'm just trying to give honest feedback, and considering that - that part of the song is repeated in the chorus it should appear to be amazing.

Again I am not trying to offend you, I just saw that you asked for feedback, so I thought I may as well give it.
ImageImage
Secret

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:44 pm

A local asian competition that is mandatory for me to enter in, simply because I'm taking an asian language. cx

Thank you! And no, of course I'm not offended! Any feedback, whether good or bad, is wonderful! I was kind of hesitant about that line as well; I'm probably going to change a few of the notes into eights, because it would sound less muddled and would be easier to play. c: Thank you very much for the feedback!
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
Burying your gays,
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease

of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Secret » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Just found a new Dubstep song called Sandblast, it's really good :)
ImageImage
Secret

Postby Sciencin' » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 pm

What music do you listen to?
Well, this is a rather wide range. I mostly listen to rock/alternative rock- Fall Out Boy, Breaking Benjamin, that sort of thing. Fall Out Boy is likely my favorite; both the 'old' and the 'new', though I must say I prefer the 'old' songs. However, I also like celtic music, as well as celtic metal, and some other kinds of folk metal; Adrian von Ziegler and Eluvietie. Yeah, I spend half my time in Narnia, leave me alone.

What is your current favorite song?
Well, this is quite a list. I'm currently listening to FOB's new album American Beauty/American Psycho; my favorite songs from that album are probably Novocaine, Twin Skeletons, Jet Pack Blues, and Centuries. My favorite songs from them of all time are probably I Don't Care, Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying, Don't You Know Who I Think I Am and basically the whole rest of the Infinity On High album, though my favorite album of theirs is probably From Under The Cork Tree.... Ohh, I can't pick less than twenty.
As for the celtic music, my favorites are probably OblivionFall, Lonely Traveler, and Fable, to name a few. Don't judge me.

What can't you stand about music?

Okay. Are you ready for me to get started? Because it's a pretty long list.
First off, I don't like songs that are too stereotypical; nowadays if you turn on the radio, you hear song after song after song that all sound the same. I mean, sure, this one has a cool instrumental for ten seconds here, and this one's louder and this one's faster and this one's slower, but after a while it seems like popular music these days just sounds the same.
I also don't like songs that are too explicit- sometimes I wonder why someone would even think about writing a song about this sort of stuff. *cough cough* Anaconda *cough cough*
Specific genres I don't like are probably rap and country, as well as anything where the actual music is obviously secondary to the lyrics- I mean, this is supposed to be a song, not talking with some drums in the background. The list goes on... I am a bit picky with my music. What I specifically LIKE in music is when it's not some love song about how a girl lost her boyfriend, or something of the sort, because an aromantic seriously cannot relate to those.~
Last edited by Sciencin' on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
yawn
Sciencin'

Postby Noripii » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:41 pm

Yesss a music thread xD

What music do you listen to?
I like nu metal, alternative metal, rap rock/metal, stuff like that. I'll sometimes listen to Green Day and Nirvana, maybe the occasional heavier song.

What is your current favorite song?
Agh, I can't choose... I really like They Say by Scars On Broadway, Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter (which I think would make amazing battle music), Toxicity and Chop Suey! by SOAD, Faint, Papercut and All For Nothing by Linkin Park, Hail to the King by Avenged Sevenfold, Come As You Are by Nirvana, Enter Sandman by Metallica, Monster and Hero by Skillet (but I'm not Christian), I Stand Alone by Godsmack and Everlong by Foo Fighters. As you can see, I'm a bit of a rock fanatic xD But, I don't mind a little bit of Fort Minor every now and again xD

What can't you stand about music?
I can't stand the music on the radio. Sure, people like it, but I don't. My friend listens to pop music and loves 5 Seconds of Summer, and I don't, they probably think my taste in music is weird because "pop" apparently stands for "popular" and I'm not going by what's popular. People have called me weird before because I like music that has screaming in it. It's not even that much, it's not like I'm listening to death metal or screamo or something, it's just Linkin Park :S IRL, if I tell someone I'm into the music I'm into, I'd probably get bashed for it, so I don't. Saves the hassle.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Noripii

Postby ιηƒιηιтє. » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Welcome, welcome you two! ^^ Hopefully we can get this thread revved up~

@Unisus; FOB is indeed amazing! Their new album was great; I almost shrieked when I heard it in Big Hero 6. My favourite album will always be Young Blood Chronicles, though. Namely, the Pheonix which is one of the best songs ever and the classical part is just amazing. cx

I don't listen to a lot of Celtic songs, but the few that I do listen to are amazing. I don't believe I've actually heard any Celtic metal. ^^;

@street soldier.; radio music often does get to be listless after a while, although I'll always give it a. Listen once in a while. And people who judge music choices are not to be trusted!! Honestly, I feel it's a misnomer that people who like one type of music dislike another. I listen to almost everything, and I'm sure people can't restrict themselves to one genre. Most of the people I've met are really cool about music choices. It's not like it affects them in any way, and people who actually seem offended by your music choices should be beaten of with a stick. That being said! I absolutely adore the guitar/bass in metal songs. It's to die for. <3
ιηƒιηιтє.
Gay and proud.

- - - -
I refuse to submit to
Burying your gays,
not lead to the stomach,
not death by disease

of that love unrequited;
I will never quit,
and I weep for those
by a pixelated pen.

- - - -

CS

TR

IG

SM

TT

ιηƒιηιтє.

Postby Noripii » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:25 pm

ιηƒιηιтє. wrote:
    @street soldier.; -snip-
    That being said! I absolutely adore the guitar/bass in metal songs. It's to die for. <3

Yes! I love the sound of downtuned, distorted guitars xD Too bad I have no distortion pedal or anything for my own guitar.
I will occasionally listen to slightly more pop-y rock stuff, I'm listening to Mr Brightside by The Killers right now :3 I quite like it.

Noripii

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment