|Music| Its a way of life, really.

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: |Music| Its a way of life, really.

Postby Sphye » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:23 am

Has anyone heard of the band Eluvietie? Their song Brictom is my favorite of theirs.

I also love to listen to Of Monsters and Men, System of a Down, Superchick, and plenty of movie soundtracks (mostly Disney, but the soundtracks for Coraline and How To Train Your Dragon are great too.)
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby ebriose » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Ahh, music, music. Where to begin.

I started piano since I was pretty young, and although I don't practice too much anymore, I can read music and identify some music theory things and play well enough. XD I'll have to build up a little repertoire someday. I mean, I've learned how to play it, so I should at least memorize a few songs to play. XP I also play the cello, which I started around 3rd grade. So I've been playing for a while, and I just love the sound of the cello. <3 Its sound is so deep and resonates throughout a room, it's really nice. Or maybe I'm being biased. XD I have a ukulele that I can not play for my life, but I should learn the basics some day. XD

I've learned to love Classical from my grandma and dad (my grandma can sing some opera, and I find that really cool, and my dad just loves Classical). I also love singers like Frank Sinatra and any kind of jazz or blues, which I've learned to love from my mom. Michael Bublé is pretty good as well, I think.
    I've got a Pandora, and I've made a little station for myself, which includes, but is not limited to:
    Mumford and Sons,
    Eric Hutchinson,
    Olly Murs,
    Ed Sheeran,
    Maroon 5,
    David Guetta,
    Andy Grammer,
    Neon Trees,
    La Roux,
    Coldplay,
    Owl City,
    Of Monsters and Men,
    and Jason Mraz, just to name a few. X3

For some reason, I've started to really like Macklemore as well. Ooh, and you know those people like 2cellos and The Piano Guys? Those guys are really amazing as well. <3
    And my Spanish teacher also taught me to appreciate songs in other languages. ^^ (even though I may not understand what they're saying. XD)
    I just like a lot of music genres and I don't mind listening to other artists, as long as they don't yell in my ear. >> The only music I don't really enjoy is when they start screaming in my ear.

And I think I'll stop typing before this becomes too long. XDD
╔═════════════════╗
zach | they/them
⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝

i apparently go by zach these days, you
can call me zach, fellas
╚═════════════════╝
╔══════════════╗
my links
⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝

╚══════════════╝

haha uwu what's this
ebriose

Postby Orion » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 am

The music I listen to is mainly Rock and Metal. I absolutely love rock/metal music. Especially progressive rock/space rock/art rock/symphonic rock (those genres often blend together), psychedelic rock (Early Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett and The Doors. Other than those, I don't actually like Psychedelic Rock that much. Of course, if you count the Beatles as Psych, then I have to say I like them too.) and Hard Rock. I also love metal. Heavy Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal, Progressive Metal/Symphonic Metal and Power Metal. I don't like Metalcore, Death Metal, Black Metal or Nu Metal though.

I won't start posting a list over artists and bands I like, because thats a long list, and it always takes years for me to write it.
╔══════════════❄══════════════╗
S o m e P e o p l e L i v e M o r eI n
2 0 Y e a r s
T h a n O t h e r D o I n 8 0
I t ' s N o t T h e T i m eT h a t M a t t e r s
i t ' s T h e P e r s o n

╚══════════════❄══════════════╝
Orion

Postby turtle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:02 am

What music do you listen to?
    Lately I've been going through a bit of a Pop Punk stage which is kind of odd considering up until now I've just been listening to a lot of Classical Rock. In general I tend to enjoy Rock and Metal and any sub-genres of the two. I tend to listen to metalcore or what is know as 'screamo' I suppose more than actual metal because listening to too much metal makes my head hurt a bit. Metalcore is like a happy medium. I do listen to metal sometimes though, but not a whole lot. Lately I've strayed a bit from obsessively listening to older bands to listening to a lot of Pop Punk and Metalcore which a lot of people would say is 'ruining my music taste' or whatever but I don't really care xD I also sometimes listen to classical music, mostly Yiruma. I'd list a list of bands but I currently have over 200 of them on my iPod and... well that's a long list..
    I almost always have music playing. Creatively music helps a lot with my writing. When I'm writing a certain scene and I feel the emotion in a song matches it I'll have it on repeat while I'm writing that scene (even if it's music I don't really usually listen to). Music always has the ability to make me go from a really bad mood to a really good one in seconds which I am always grateful for.
    Basically I will listen to anything that holds any type of meaning to me not matter what genre.

What is your current favourite song?

Sanctuary by Paradise Fears - Like I said I've been listening to a lot of more Pop Punkish music lately and this is one song I can't seem to get out of my head. If you haven't already listened to this or don't know what it is please please please listen to it. It's more Pop-y then anything else and there's even a little bit of 'rap' in it so if you're not into "screamo" there isn't anything to worry about with this song. The lyrics are gorgeous in my opinion and especially the 'rapped' part gives me actual chills.
turtle

Postby violet » Thu May 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Pokes abandoned thread. I wanted to create a music thread but I saw that we had one.
Looking for baubles!
Elkrin enthusiast
ImageImageImageImageImage
violet

Postby Duskfeather » Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Awww....

*Pokes thread too*

Playing a concert with my orchestra this Sunday ^^
Duskfeather

Postby Cardinal » Thu May 01, 2014 6:53 pm

What music do you listen to? Everything. If it sounds good I'll listen to it. I don't really have a whole bunch of restrictions. Anything from Bluegrass to Ska to Post Hardcore.. Acoustic, techno-y, hiphop, reggae.. LOL. My pandora is a hot mess. :'D

What is your current favorite song? It changes from day to day. I really enjoyed the latest Fall Out Boy CD and a song by Twin Forks called Back to You.

What cant you stand about music? My only only only issue is really deep manly raspy voices.. Unless done correctly like Rod Steward. ;)

Always open to new music selections!
Cardinal

Postby Vazchu » Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 am

What music do you listen to?
      Mostly all kinds or rock and metal, but also some punk (though, I'm very picky), soundtracks from both movies, animes and games.
      But when it comes to Japanes music I'm also open to Vocaloid (though, again, I'm picky here as well, it's mainly Rin, Len, Oliver, IA, Gakupo and Kaito that I listen to, sometimes Gumi as well) but also some opening songs from animes that makes me listen to just about any and all songs that the artist/band in question has made... So one could say that I accept techno if it originates from Japan - if it doesn't, I won't listen to it.

What is your current favorite song?
      ... Right now... This very moment...

Lullaby by Nickelback and url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDz5SzpA3Xw]War of change[/url] by Thousand Foot Krutch...
      I think...

What cant you stand about music?
      Well, honestly, I hate techno normally (but as mentioned earlier and I can go into more detail; Vocaloids made me weaken up on it and made me accept those that aren't "too techno").
      And I do listen to screamo and such stuff in many songs (Bring me the horizon ftw), but at the same time I don't like that sort of music, at least not when they're just screaming their voices to pieces. They've to do it right for me to actually like it a lot.
      Oh, and I also can't stand the simple fact that I'm not able to choose any favourite songs (I mean, songs that are my favourites and forever will be it) and that I can't choose any favourite bands either. Which in turn makes me decide "Each and every band I listen to is my favourite - because I only listen to the best music there is, so there's no need to choose between them".

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Postby Sphye » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for bands/songs? Possibly rock/metal/etcetera with female vocals?
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby HornedDragon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Last edited by Sphye on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged the double-post with this one, since it looked like an accident. ^u^
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment