Movie Discussion

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Movie Discussion

Postby Silverhart » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Everyone loves movies right?

I figured Eldemore needed a place to discuss and gush over their favorite movies. From early cave painting trying to evoke a feeling of movement, and early zoetropes, to the first experiments with film cameras, and up to today's blockbuster hits, everyone just loves visual stories!

So tell us your favorite movies, directors, and actors. Recommend some good movies, and share your views on the latest films or beloved classics. Just be sure to respect everyone's opinion - just because someone dislikes a movie you love, or likes something you hate is no reason to be rude. Also, please don't bash movies. It's all right to express a negative opinion about a film, but this is a place for fun and discussion, and simply ranting about a movie adds nothing to either. So yes, we want to hear your opinions, but stay civil please.

Lastly, just a reminder to warn us before you post spoilers, and to put them in small or transparent text. Thank you!

To start off, what are some of everyone's favorite movies? or if you can't decide on any favorites, what are some good films you've seen recently?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Re: Movie Discussion

Postby mkairalla1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Good films, i must say that i enjoyed silence of the lamb and the shining. Both quite chilling movies....

I also enjoyed divergent. They tried to add everything they had in the book, but missed a few parts. I still enjoyed it.

The mortal instruments on the other hand... well... lets put it kindly... i hated it.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗
Interestingword is my parabatai!

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
the world was made within
the oppressive limitations of time,
death, and impermanence"
-Cecil, Welcome to Nightvale

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby Archer » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm not a horror film person, so I haven't seen either of those. I am wondering if maybe I should finish up the rest of that series and watch Divergent, as I'm curious about how it ends now.

LotR is always good <3 And while I know there's a fair bit of criticism surrounding the Hobbit movies, I've been thoroughly enjoying them. The Hunger Games movies aren't bad, the second one ended kinda funny, though. The Pirates of the Caribbean movies and Sherlock Holmes movies are definitely up there, too.

And then, of course, animated movies. Too many old favourites to count... but I think Anastasia, Mulan, The Aristocats, Oliver & Co., The Lion King, Tangled, and Frozen are definitely all on that list XD

I have so many favourites, I could go on for ages...

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby mkairalla1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:26 pm

I suggest not reading the lat divergent book.... It just tears you're heart apart......

I did enjoy all the Harry potter movies. They did a nice job with those.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗
Interestingword is my parabatai!

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
the world was made within
the oppressive limitations of time,
death, and impermanence"
-Cecil, Welcome to Nightvale

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby Silverhart » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm

I haven't watched "Silence of the Lambs" or "The Shining" (like Archer, I'm not a big horror fan). I should probably check them out one day. I'd need to have someone watch them with me though. XD

Haven't seen "Divergent" yet. Haven't heard much about it either honestly, except that it's based on a YA novel, right? I also haven't seen any "Lord of the Rings". I know, I know. I should watch them. I saw some of the first Hobbit movie on TV, but that's about it. People keep telling me to watch them, and I know I'll probably enjoy them, since I love fantasy, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I loved the first of the recent Sherlock Holmes movies as well, and I've only seen a few of the 'Pirates' movies, but what's not to love about a movie about pirates? Based on a Disneyworld ride, no less? XP

Ah, yes. Animated films. X) I'm a huge animation buff. Some of my favorites are definitely "Prince of Egypt", "Bambi", "Secret of NIMH", "Watership Down", as well as some lesser-known foreign works. "Beauty and the Beast" and "The 101 Dalmatians" were basically my childhood.

I love the 'Harry Potter' films. I was never obsessed with it like a lot of my friends, but I still love those movies. The older ones especially. Not that the more recent ones are bad are anything, they're just lacking that sense of wonder and innocence the first three had. It's really interesting to see that transition though. The third is my favorite of course (it's everyone's favorite XP).

And I know what you mean. XP There are just too many good movies to list. Most of my favorite movies are older, like "Lawrence of Arabia", "Metropolis", "The Passion of Joan of Arc", any Charlie Chaplin or Errol Flynn movies. XP I simply adore classic films.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:24 pm

I tend to stick with family/childrens movies for the most part; Things like Disney or Dreamworks, for the most part. I've also really enjoyed the first and second movies of "The Hobbit".
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I love Disney and Dreamworks. ^^

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I watched 'Jungle Emperor Leo' for the first time the other day, as well as rewatched this Japanese cartoon I love called 'The Ringing Bell of Chirin'. (It was a night of watching old Japanese anime XP) I highly recommended it. It's one of the few movies that can make me really cry, and one of my all time favorite animated films. (Although unfortunately it doesn't have an American DVD release yet.)

And today I rewatched 'The Lone Ranger'. XD The new one, not the older ones. I don't know why it got such bad reviews, I think it's such a fun movie. It's silly, and adventurous, has great action, and it's just - fun! I always love a good Western - what's not to love?

Anyway, next on my list of things to watch is the 1922 silent "Sherlock Holmes" with John Barrymore. ^^
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Vazchu » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm a movie freak, lol. I love movies and watch far too many and even though that's the case I still have so many left to see. The only thing I don't watch is horror movies, I'm no good with that, lol... And I prefer horror books instead of it.

I can't really name any favourites though... But I can say that I love Tim Burton's movies. I can say that I'm addicted to Disney, Dreamworks and similar companies movies; aka animated movies that you grew up with as a kid and stuff similar to "Frozen" (eeek, loved that movie, so much feels)....

And the theatres will ruin me this year... Dx It's far too many movies that I want to see... "Divergent", "The Amazing Spider man 2", "How to train your dragon 2", "TMNT" (I'm such a geek, I grew up with those lads, so I have to see it, heck, I've even watched Nickelodeon's version of them that came out 2012, and I was around 18 when that aired; which comes to prove how much I adore them, because lol on the series), and "Transformers 4 - Age of extinction" (again... gah, I have to even though I don't know what I think about a fourth movie... I guess good because I can't get enough of them).... So yush... Wallet, feel the pain to come... </3 It's just so sad that Sweden are so slow to air new movies in the theatres... I've to wait for almost a half year sometimes until the movies I want to see comes my way... :C Which is sad...

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.
Vazchu

Return to Entertainment