Animated Films!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Animated Films!

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:41 am

I love animation, don't you? ^^ I love it both as an art form and as a storytelling device.
This thread is for discussing your favorite animated films and shorts from around the world, be they traditional, CGI, stop-motion, paper cut-out, motion-capture or any combination thereof. Go ahead and just gush over your favorite animated movies and animators, your favorite scenes, favorite characters, favorite musical numbers, films you're excited to see, whatever.

Just keep in mind that if you're going to recommend a PG-13, higher, or Unrated film, to give a heads up that it may not contain child friendly material. I'd prefer to steer conversation away from any of the really obscene animated films and shorts out there, but discussion of animation aimed at a more mature audience is fine so long as it keeps within the site's rules.

So, what are some of your favorite animated films?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Re: Animated Films!

Postby queen of leopards » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Any Studio Ghiblis <3
They're amazing.
queen of leopards

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Ah, yes Studio Ghibli. ^^ I definitely have to watch more of them. I've only seen a couple, but I love them.

I just heard Disney is going to be distributing 'The Wind Rises' in North America at some point. I just saw the trailer for it, and I'm very excited to see it. It looks very interesting and different. Quite mature stuff for Disney it seems, given the subject matter. I read they'll probably release it under Touchstone, so I can't wait to check that out!
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby queen of leopards » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19 pm

My favorite two films would have to be Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. They've both got such gorgeous plots and the animation is amazing. An animated film I'd like to see is Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron. I think that's what it's called ^^ I've never seen it, so I will be watching that at some point.
queen of leopards

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I've seen both of those films. ^^ I saw 'Spirited Away' years ago, and hardly remember it, but I love 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I read the book first, as it's by one of my favorite authors, and only afterwards heard about the movie. :P And this was like years after it's release. So, yeah, I'm only just now getting into Studio Ghibli films.

'Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron' is a great film! I highly recommend it. Of course, I love horses and horse movies, so I'm probably biased. I wish there were more animated horse films around.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby queen of leopards » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I saw the movie first, then read the book. The personalities are a little bit different, but the similarities are clear. I'm not sure whether I prefer the movie or the book, to be honest. Both are fantastic pieces of art.
queen of leopards

Postby Ashenjay » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:36 pm

I agree, studio Ghibli ones are my favorites ><
Princess Mononoke is the best one I've ever seen.
Soundtrack, plot,, characters and aaaaah everything ><

R A Z I M.
"Myth Song Rune"
Ashenjay

Postby Silverhart » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 pm

'Princess Mononoke' is one I have not seen, but am dying to! I've heard lots of people rave about it, but I can never seem to find it anywhere.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Tacita » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Princess Mononoke is one of my most favorite Ghibli films ever. I just adore the whole thing. <3 I love Ghibli films~ I also love Mamoru Hosoda's films, especially Summer Wars, which is probably one of my most favorite movies ever. Cx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate

Art | CS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Tacita

Postby Vlad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:34 am

Silverhart wrote:'Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron' is a great film! I highly recommend it. Of course, I love horses and horse movies, so I'm probably biased. I wish there were more animated horse films around.

Yesss
One of my favourite animated films. <3

Another one is How to Train your Dragon. Pro.
he/him
signatures are for people that have motivation

Vlad

Next

Return to Entertainment