Animated Films!

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Animated Films!

Postby Scar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Sky Kimimota wrote:
Scar wrote:
Sky Kimimota wrote:What do you mean by that, Scar?

Like, where did you see this animation? ^^;
You said you saw something that you think is Studio Ghibli, I want to see what it you saw. =)
I might know what Studio Ghibli movie its from, if I have a glimpse of the actual animation.

I think it was on TV once... But the problem I'm having is that I only faintly remember a few parts that I thought were pretty cool, and that's it, not even the title. I haven't seen it in years. I thought it might have possibly been a Studio Ghibli because of how it had that adventurous fantasy feel to it that the studio tends to have. Though, I might be wrong, since a little while ago I went through the entire Studio Ghibli film list and nothing looked similar enough to it.

Hm, well, that sucks. I hope you can figure out what it was, I know something like that would drive me up the wall until I figured it out. x'D

What little to you recall?
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

text text text text text text t
✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Sky Kimimota » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah, that's why I've been wanting to find it so bad XD

From what I remember, it was a movie about some kind of war between people and this strange monster race, that looked sort of like giant slug bug things? Anyway, as a secret weapon the people had this giant humanoid being that climbed over a mountain and was using this strange lazer beam like attack against the monsters. In order to stop the war, a girl was trying to transport a baby monster thing that they were looking for, but while trying to protect it she was fatally wounded. In thanks for saving the baby, the monsters heal her and then the war is over. I could be wrong about certain things, though XD
Sorry guys, but I probably won't be communicating with others very much for a little while. I'm feeling kind of antisocial because of some real life issues I'm having.
Sky Kimimota

Postby Silverhart » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

Gah, don't you hate it when that happens and you're like 'gah! what was the name of that movie!?' I hate that. That's why I now write down every single film I watch so I never forget one. XP

I can't say that the description is ringing a bell for me. But I don't watch a whole lot of anime... Maybe someone else can help you.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby kyojuro rengoku » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:14 am

Sky Kimimota wrote:Yeah, that's why I've been wanting to find it so bad XD

From what I remember, it was a movie about some kind of war between people and this strange monster race, that looked sort of like giant slug bug things? Anyway, as a secret weapon the people had this giant humanoid being that climbed over a mountain and was using this strange lazer beam like attack against the monsters. In order to stop the war, a girl was trying to transport a baby monster thing that they were looking for, but while trying to protect it she was fatally wounded. In thanks for saving the baby, the monsters heal her and then the war is over. I could be wrong about certain things, though XD

that seems vaguely familiar to me, it sort of sounds like princess mononoke, but i only just recently saw princess mononoke, and when i read the description, i got flashbacks of my childhood. sadly, i can't remember.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxImage
xxxmy name is rat || she/they || nb lesbian
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxtwitter||cosplay ig||ao3
kyojuro rengoku

Postby Grifforik » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 am

link

If you're talking about Nausicaa and the Valley of the wind....
it was made by Miyazaki, or produced by him, but it wasnt a Ghibli movie... if that helps? ^^

ImageImage
Grifforik

Postby Sphye » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:31 am

Sky Kimimota wrote:Yeah, that's why I've been wanting to find it so bad XD

I agree with Grifforik, it sounds like the movie you're looking for is Nausicaa. ^u^

I love the little song that the Ohm sing. It's so cute, but also somewhat sad-sounding.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Sky Kimimota » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 pm

Yeah, that does look like the movie I was searching for! Thanks guys! :D
Sorry guys, but I probably won't be communicating with others very much for a little while. I'm feeling kind of antisocial because of some real life issues I'm having.
Sky Kimimota

Postby Tianuki » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:18 am

I'm a bit late to this conversation but animated Films are the best. End of story.

Studio Ghibli is just so amazing. I have no words to describe how I feel about it. I find it probably the best animation film studio there is out there. (My personal opinion) The first one I watched was Kiki's Delivery Service which is just adorable, and then there's Spirited Away that is my childhood as well. Chihiro x Haku is just AHHH. I love all of them (well, the one's I've watched so far), but Howl's Moving Castle is probably my favourite at the moment.

So how did you all find How to Train Your Dragon 2? I absolutely loved it. It was such a good sequel to the first film, which I'm glad for because there are so many bad sequels out there which just make me so sad.
Tianuki

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Tianuki wrote:
      So how did you all find How to Train Your Dragon 2? I absolutely loved it. It was such a good sequel to the first film, which I'm glad for because there are so many bad sequels out there which just make me so sad.

I loved it. ^^ Dreamworks tends to do very good sequels. My only complaint about 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' was how rushed it felt. Both Drago and Valka were not used to their full potential which really bugs me, because they had all this set up to be great characters, but in the end turned out kind of generic. And there was too much going on for one film. But there are certainly worse things. XD Certainly everything it had was awesome! It needed better planning, but it's still a fantastic film on it's own, and I love it. ^^

I also love Studio Ghibli, especially 'Howl's Moving Castle'. And I also grew up with 'Kiki's Delivery Service', so I have a lot of nostalgia for that film. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Ashenjay » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:59 am

For HTTYD2, I was just so sad that *SPOILER ALERT*
Stoick died ;v; Honestly, at first I was expecting Valka to die if any of them had to >.>
Drago felt too full of cliches, really and was too much of a not-likable-villain? xDD
I really loved that song though- For the Dancing and the Dreaming, it was really memorable :3

//and I really loved Astrid's design <3

R A Z I M.
"Myth Song Rune"
Ashenjay

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment