Pokemon chat

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

Re: Pokemon chat

Postby HornedDragon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 am

B-but Nuzlocks are supposed to have perma death....

Only two rules MUST stay intact to call it a ''nuzlocke"

1. You have to release a pokemon if it faints
2. You have to catch the first pokemon you encounter in an area (that is not a duplicate).

Revives are banned in the nuzlocke challenge.

This version of the game was made so you would grow a stronger bond with the pokemon you have. And it's to teach you the value of their lives.
The whole charm of this type of gaming challenge is that your pokemon die when they faint, and you must release them. Without that element your not really playing a nuzlocke challenge :|

Also; Who here is going to get X or Y? :B I'm hoping for X (and I'm hearing rumors that they may include a Nuzlocke difficulty option :D )
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby Distortionist » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Horneddragon wrote:

2. You have to catch the first pokemon you encounter in an area (that is not a duplicate).

This version of the game was made so you would grow a stronger bond with the pokemon you have. And it's to teach you the value of their lives.
The whole charm of this type of gaming challenge is that your pokemon die when they faint, and you must release them. Without that element your not really playing a nuzlocke challenge :|

Also; Who here is going to get X or Y? :B I'm hoping for X (and I'm hearing rumors that they may include a Nuzlocke difficulty option :D )

Nuzlocke option? That sounds sooo epic *o*

ANyways, I don't think I'm going to get X or Y because they require 3DS, right? ;w; I hear you can ride pokemon in them...............
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Skyline » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm getting X. c: Though I am definitely trading one of its version exclusives right away.You know that cotton candy/dog Pokemon, Peropuff I think it was? I am immediately trading it for that pink, plague mask bird exclusive to Y version.
My custom is not for trade. No suggestions for it either please. Thank you.
Skyline

Postby Shiori » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

*rolls in*
Pokemon! o3o I love pokemon. /attempts to hug all of them

I want X version. ;3; I don't have a 3ds though. It would be nice to get one though.
Shiori

Postby Saphira344 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:52 am

Horneddragon wrote:

no, you can use revives, i know others who use revivns also its in the rules. The only two rules you have to have is it dies if it fants and catch first pokemon in the rount. you can add other rules like if you have revives you can use them and not to catch lendarys or shinys unless they are the first one on the rount, at least thats how ive played it.
I hoard any and all griffons.
I use saphira344 on every sight I am on, other then Youtube and Flight Rising where I am Saphira3441, so you might of seen me around.
Samhain, All Hallows' eve event
[center]Dralon Flock||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me || Icarus ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story||
Saphira344

Postby HornedDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am

Then your playing an"easy mode" version of a Nuzlock., Official Nuzlocke rules, taken from the creator of the nuslocke challenge made this. There are only two rules to a nuzlocke, http://www.nuzlocke.com/images/nuzlockechallenge.jpg .

YES you can add rules, BUT your not 'supposed' to add revives to a nuzlocke, the whole charm of it is the fact that you have to release a pokemon when it faints. Also if you Google nuzlock you will find 2 rules that keep showing up. (can you guess which ones? <3 )

NOW, I do know of a "mercy" rule that can be allowed in the official nuzlocke, but you can only use 1-3 revives.

For those of you following this thread that want to do your own nuzlock challenge:

http://nuzlocke.wikia.com/wiki/Nuzlocke_%28Challenge%29
The wikia with a full set of rules <3
OR
The fun picture version;
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... cifszm.jpg

I've been doing Nuzlockes for years. I love them. Yeah they are hard, BUT they are meant to test your skills as a pokemon trainer. And help you grow them. It's not the sadness of the loss of a pokemon when it dies that should stay with you, BUT the victory of when you beat that gym leader, or when you capture that wirple. It's the chance to actually experience a pokemon battle like it would have been IRL. It's an exhilarating experience. When you loose a pokemon it's hard, My first ever loss was a meowth i named Peter, I cried for a bit, BUT i decided to honor him in every battle afterward. At a point you get so good, you don't need to worry about loosing a pokemon, you get good. <3

Now after that peptalk..
@ distortonist,
Yes i've heard that too, Truthfully I've been more looking forward to the "dress up" *squees*
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby Distortionist » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:12 pm

I didn't know that you had to release them ;w; I just shove them in the PC box XD FOREVER
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Postby Skyline » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:24 pm

Distortionist wrote:I didn't know that you had to release them ;w; I just shove them in the PC box XD FOREVER

I do the same.
*totally not planning to transfer them when I finish >>*
My custom is not for trade. No suggestions for it either please. Thank you.
Skyline

Postby Distortionist » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Skyline wrote:
Distortionist wrote:I didn't know that you had to release them ;w; I just shove them in the PC box XD FOREVER

I do the same.
*totally not planning to transfer them when I finish >>*

>.>
*high fives*
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Postby HornedDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:32 pm

meh >-> you two should try playing it once like it was originally intended. Though i do know people who designate a box for the "dead" pokemon.

I've been playing a nuzlocke in black version recently.. though you cant beat mah diamond star BIDOOF!
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment