Tera Rising MMO

Talk about movies, books, games, comics, anime, TV, or any other fandoms.

What server would you like an Eldemorian Guild on?

Ascension Valley (PvE)
14%
Highwatch (PvE)
14%
Tempest Reach (PvE)
14%
Celestial Hills-Roleplay (PvE)
43%
Lake of Tears (PvP)
No votes
Valley of Titans (PvP)
14%
Mount Tyrannas (PvP)
No votes

Total votes : 7

Tera Rising MMO

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I have been a part of Tera Rising for about eight months now. It was the first MMO I played, and it's the one I still love the most. I would love to see even more people enjoying this wonderful game (maybe I could even make an Eldermorian Guild! XD). If you are a part of Tera and want to chat, or if you're just passing through and have questions about it, feel free to discuss it here.

So, what is Tera?
    TERA Online is a free fantasy subscription MMORPG. The story is simple: the world is under siege by evil gods, monsters, and beings from the underworld, and it’s up to the players to stand against their onslaught to save the world.

True action combat is the main draw here, meaning fighting is based on actual player skill. For example, in order to avoid getting hit in combat, a player must dodge or block attacks, and not just stand in place and rely on an arbitrary armor or skill rating. There are no factions, either. Players simply choose from seven races and eight classes and take on quests and over 600 monsters.

In addition, Tera features amazing in-game graphics along with a fair share of harder monsters and dungeons.

News and Updates
(05-05-15) A new class has been added! The gunner is a DPS class that weilds a large gun. Casantic and high elf females are the only races that can run as a gunner.

Races and Classes
    Tera has seven different races all of which are shown on this video. It should be noted that race has little to do with actual combat ability.

There are eight different classes: Lancer, Berserker, Slayer, Warrior, Sorcerer, Priest, Mystic, and Archer.
    The Lancer is the main tank of the game. They are, naturally, the leader in the dungeons, and are responsible for drawing and keeping aggro while making hits and blocking attacks.
    The Berserker is a high-hitting DPS with a huge axe. They are quite slow, but can block hits and deal a large amount of damage.
    The Slayer is another DPS with a large two-handed sword. They are slightly more agile than the berserker; however they do not hit as hard.
    The Warrior is arguably the hardest class to play, and they use two swords as their weapon. The warrior can function both as a tank and as a DPS, and are able to solo the entire game with great player skill. They are the most agile of the group and can either dodge or block incoming attacks from monsters.
    The Sorcerer is a long-range, magic wielding DPS.
    The Priest is the main healer of the game, and can heal targets directly from a distance. Although their main job is healing, their attack power is not to be taken lightly.
    The Mystic is a support class and can function as a secondary healer. They have the ability to cast auras and buffs to protect the rest of the party, and drop healing potions that can be picked up by others.
    The Archer is a highly mobile, and long range DPS capable of dealing rapid damage.

Fun Screenshots:
I will update this soon with a few battle screenshots.

Warning: Tera does feature some mature content such as skimpy clothing and some blood after an attack. The chatbox also tends to contain members that enjoy being inappropriate.
Last edited by scmarshtacky on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am your friendly Eld moderator,
here to assist all Eldemorians with
their general needs. Feel free to
send me a message at any time
to ask questions or chat. ^^

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Re: Tera Rising MMO

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 pm

This definitely looks good, haha. I'm going to check it out better when I have access to a computer ^^
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby scmarshtacky » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Awesome. ^^
I hope that you'll like it. :D

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby BlueSkyNoise » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:32 am

My brother had tried to get me into this, would it be worth it?
It seems so from how you've spoken of it ! ^-^
Ɩғ ʏσʋ cσʋℓ∂ ƨɛɛ мɛ
Ɯнσɛʌɛя Ɩ αм.
Ɩт'ƨ иσт ℓικɛ α мσʌιɛ,
Ɩт'ƨ иσт αℓℓ ƨκιи αи∂ вσиɛƨ.
Ƨσ cσмɛ σи ℓσʌɛ
(cσмɛ σи, cσмɛ σиɛ, cσмɛ αℓℓ αи∂ ɢσ)
Иαн иαн иαн иαн иαн иαн иαн
Ɩ ωιℓℓ иσт ℓɛт ʏσʋ ɢσ.

BlueSkyNoise

Postby scmarshtacky » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Well obviously I'm quite a bit biased. XD But I definitely think it's worth it. I've not had a lot of experience with other MMOs, so it's hard for me to compare it to others. Though one of my other gamer friends described it as "delightfully odd."

I definitely think it's worth a shot. ^^ If you don't like it, you can always uninstall.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby HornedDragon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 am

You may want to tack on there that Tera does include some content that may be seen as mature, the overly skimpy armor is a case in point.

personally I've been playing tera for about 2 months I love the cross haired based combat it made meelee axtually challenging back when I played a lancer. now a days I've taked to the healing side of things with my castanic preist.

I got into tera as a breath of freash air from the MMO I play competitively, still love to play it, but ill never spend my money on it. you get enougbh of the game play without having to become and "eilte" member.
Life Asked death
" Why do people love me, but hate you? "
Death responded,
" Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth. "

Even when Earless
Remember, always stay Fearless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:26 am

Ah yeah, good point Horneddragon. I'll add that to the front. I always play a male character so I tend to forget that the females have... questionable clothing. XD

What server(s) do you play on? If there's at least a couple of people here on Eld that like to play, I would love to try to raise the funds for an Eld guild because I just think that would be cool. :P

I don't buy anything with real money either, although my bank is pretty much out of space on two different servers. XD I would really like to buy another tab, or a different mount, but I doubt I'll ever talk myself into it.

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby HornedDragon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:01 am

My main server is Ascension Valley, I have my lancer and main priest there. I also have a low level Sorcerer on Valley of Titans the PvP server.

I'm actually in a guild of my friends from my other MMO lol we are a pro team on GW2 and just figured Tera would be a pretty cool way to release some stress when GW2 gets ridiculous.

What do you main? i though i saw from the pictures that that was an Archer.
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

Postby scmarshtacky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm

The Archer is actually old. XD Another member on here Cadeigha (I think I spelled that right?) introduced me to Tera and I was partying with her for a little while as an Archer, but she got busy and couldn't get on so I deleted the archer.

I have two main characters: a berserker in Ascension Valley, lvl 39, and a warrior in Tempest Reach, lvl 32. I'm soloing the berserker, and do like it, but I keep coming back to my warrior. I have my main warrior partied with a couple of my RL friends, but I also have a "practice" account with a warrior just to play around with movements and whatnot.

I still haven't quite mastered the warrior yet, at least not quite good enough to tank with it, but I'm getting much better. I almost soloed the Bastion of Lok with the practice one, but got taken out on the final boss. XD

~~To watch and Protect~~
#EldemoreIsLife

scmarshtacky

Postby HornedDragon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:32 pm

ah, I've heard bad things about warrior, not to mention I like to face tank things and the warrior is more of the taking by dodging kinda character. Personally I always tended to play the healer, aside form in guild Wars 2 i play a bunker there lol.

The lancers combat style originally peaked my interest but the fact that it is harder to play than monster hunter's so i fell back to my old healing class lol
Life Asked death
Death responded,

Even when Earless

||||
HornedDragon

Next

Return to Entertainment